Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How to change IMEI of some mtk 6737 device

I use leagoo m8 pro now and tried to root it before I can change the IMEI with chamelephon app, though the rooting succeeded but I encountered the issue of invalid IMEI after using chamelephon.

The good news here is that, to change the IMEI number of some mt6737m device you need no root, the phone engineering mode provides a platform to do that comfortablely, see what I did to get back my IMEI number and you can also use it to change to any IMEI.

1. Dial from your Dial pad *#*#3646633#*#* the engineering mode should open.

2. Scroll down the telephony to where you boldly see write IMEI.

3. Write for sim2 the first space that opens then click write IMEI, you should get a successful reply.

Sent from my M8 Pro using Hovatek Forum

(06-30-2017, 04:45 PM)nnec Wrote: I use leagoo m8 pro now and tried to root it before I can change the IMEI with chamelephon  app, though the rooting succeeded but I encountered the issue of invalid IMEI after using chamelephon.

The good news here is that, to change the IMEI number of some mt6737m device you need no root, the phone engineering mode provides a platform to do that comfortablely, see what I did to get back my IMEI number and you can also use it to change to any IMEI.

1. Dial from your Dial pad *#*#3646633#*#* the engineering mode should open.

2. Scroll down the telephony to where you boldly see write IMEI.

3. Write for sim2 the first space that opens then click write IMEI, you should get a successful reply.

Sent from my M8 Pro using Hovatek Forum

nice share but
its the same as using engineering mode method @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-116.html