04-25-2014, 10:26 PM
You can export contacts to a file that can then be imported into other applications, such as Web mail clients, Excel spreadsheets, or database applications.
The most common export file format is a comma separated value (CSV) file. If you are exporting contacts for use in another copy of Outlook, we recommend that you choose an Outlook Data File (.pst) in step 6 below.
* Click the File tab.
* Click Options.
* Click Advanced.
* Advanced command in the Outlook Options dialog box
* Under Export, click Export.
* Export command in the Backstage view
* In the Import and Export Wizard, click Export to a file, and then click Next.
* Under Create a file of type, click the type of export that you want, and then click Next.
* The most common is Comma Separated Values (Windows), also known as a CSV file.
* Under Select folder to export from, select the contact folder that you want to export, and then click Next.
* NOTE: Unless you chose to export to an Outlook Data File (.pst), you can only export one folder at a time.
Under Save exported file as, click Browse, select a destination folder, and in the File name box, type a name for the file.
In the Export to a File dialog box, click Next.