Many people have tried to root the Innjoo F2 Tab to no avail. I was one of those and ended up bricking my phone in the process. All rooting methods I knew failed to give full root access to the Tablet. When I say all, I really mean ALL. I researched and tried everything I read online. I finally believed that the only way was to install a custom CWM recovery and flash superuser zip file from there. That began my journey of porting a custom recovery to the Tab. It was in this process that I bricked my Tab. I had to get a working Tab, made a backup and flashed the backup with some tweaks to get the Tab working again. The steps can be found here: https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-1167.html
Rooting an Innjoo F2 Tablet is one of the most cumbersome to achieve. The device has a protection that reboots it as soon as one tries to root it. I will show you how to remove it. It requires a lot of steps though but it is worth it afterall. Here is a list of the things you will need to assemble before you start:
1. A PC running windows xp and above, with the android drivers installed and having internet connection. I will recommend downloading and installing pdanet from here: http://pdanet.co/a/
2. SP flash tools and MTK Droid Tools. Download the latest from here: [ Please, Login to view this link]
3. Get the video on how to do a read back using SP flash tools from here: https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html
4. Download Kingroot from here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl...rev=search
5. Download SRS Root from here: http://www.srsroot.com/
6. Download IMG Extracting and packing tools from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachme...1424082211
7. Enable USB debugging on your tablet. Here's how: http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-en...id_id53909
Here are the steps:
1. Install pdanet as administrator and follow the prompts.
2. Extract MTK Droid tools and run mtkdroidtools.exe as administrator. Use it to create a scatter file. The guide is in the video you downloaded. Extract SP Flashtools and run flash_tools.exe as administrator. Watch the video you downloaded for a guide to create a scatter file and for reading back your recovery.img and boot.img files.
3. After suceesfully reading back your recovery.img and boot.img files, extract the files from CarlivImageKitchen you downloaded. Copy the recovery.img and boot.img files to the folder where the CarlivImageKitchen files are. Click and drag recovery.img and boot.img files ONE AFTER THE OTHER and drop them on top of the unpack_MTK_img.bat file. Wait till the console window shows the unpacking process is complete.You will see two new folders created with the IMG names (recovery and boot) and having the unpacked files inside.
4. This next step is simple yet very delicate. Open the Recovery folder and go the ramdisk folder. Open default.prop file with notepad. Look for this:
ro.secure=. Make sure that zero (0) is after the =. This one should by default be ro.secure=0. DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER THING. Save the file.
5. Go the the ramdisk folder inside the boot folder and open the default.prop file in notepad. Look for this:
ro.secure=. Make sure that zero (0) is after the =. This one should by default be ro.secure=1 so change the 1 to 0. DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER THING. Save the File.
6. Click and drag the recovery folder on top of repack_MTK_img.bat file. Wait till the console window shows the packing process is complete. It will prompt you for a name for the img file to be created. Type in recovery and press enter. You will see a new file created as recovery.img. Do same for the boot folder to create a new boot.img file.
7. Now you have to flash the two files - recovery.img and boot.img. However, if the default.prop file from the recovery.img had ro.secure=0 by default then no need to falsh the recovery.img file. Open SP Flash Tools as administrator and load the file(s)(the new recovery.img and boot.img files you packed). Make sure they are the only ones marked and then flash them to your phone. The guide to flashing files in also in the video you downloaded.
8. After a successful flashing, power on your phone and connect it to your pc. Open the installed SRS Root you downloaded as administrator. Make sure you have an active internet connection. If this internet is provided from the same phone you are to root then ensure you are connecting with WIFI not USB. SRS Root will not open unless there is an active internet connection on the PC. When you open it, click on "Root All methods" and wait for the device to root. The process isn't finished yet. You still don't have full root access.
9. Restart your phone if SRSRoot doesn't restart it automatically. Open KingRoot as administrator and wait for it to detect your phone. Click on the big blue Circle at the bottom right and wait for the rooting process to complete. You may have to do this twice to be sure it rooted properly.
10. If this last process completes, then CONGRATS. You now have a fully rooted Innjoo F2 Tab. Download Root Checker from play store and verify the tab is rooted. Update the KingUser root app on your Tab to the latest version.
If you have any issues or need clarifications, chat me up on whatsapp +2348057961830.
PS: This Hovatek Forum is a good site. I will suggest that those who want to share this post should point people to the site with the link other than copy the post outside this site. This is an original post #OriginalPost #Hovatek