You might begin to encounter storage space running out / Insufficient storage after using your Spreadtrum (SPD) Android phone e.g Itel, Innjoo etc for a while.
This error could cause your phone to lag / overheat seriously .The easiest fix is to boot into recovery mode using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-2167.html then do a factory reset but this isn't ideal when you can't afford to lose data or keep resetting your device each time this error pops up.
This guide will explain how to locate the culprit occupying your scarce storage and apply the necessary fix .
* Note: This fix could also be applied to other chips like Mediatek, Qualcomm etc
How to fix Storage space running out / Insufficient storage on Spreadtrum Android
- You first need to root the phone. Depending on how bad the situation is, you might or might not be able to use a one-click root apk like Kingroot. In such a situation, a custom recovery root approach (like @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-17606.html ) is recommended. If you don't have a custom recovery for your phone then request @ https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-39.html
- Once rooted, download Link2SD apk, copy the apk to the phone's External SD card then install.
- Launch Link2SD and grant it root permission
- In Link2SD, you'll find 4 accordion menus labelled as 1 - 4 below
- Tap Menu 2 and select All
- Tap Menu 3 and select Data Size (Internal)
- You should now see the apps using up your storage space. Select the app who's data you wish to clear. In this example, its Phone and Messaging Storage using up 3.72 GB
- Tap files to confirm what part of the app is using up the storage. In this example, its Data (/data/user/0/com.android.providers.telephony)
- Tap the accordion Menu at the top right corner then select Clear data
- Tap OK to confirm