Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My hp notebook power off itself

Thanks to hovatek team for making it possible for me finally log in. Thanks, so much.

Now, i am faced with this problem since last month, when my laptop with windows 8 started to power off itself  on battery even when the battery is at 70% or sometimes 43%. I have done lots of updates with the drivers, still no changes. I have checked the battery status with hp support assistant, the result displayed was OK. I have uninstalled and disabled microsoft ACPI management in the device manager to see if i could update the driver but it won't update, instead it shows microsoft ACPI management is up to date. I enjoy the system when there is light. I another thing i discovered was the system gives too much sound may be its the cooling fan that makes such sound i don't know. 

.jpg   Capture1.JPG (Size: 15.41 KB / Downloads: 9) Another thing is, the battery is not giving low battery warning again and it charge for some minutes and stop charging few minutes after, when the charging reach 94% it won't charge again even when plug in
.jpg   capture2.jpg (Size: 360.44 KB / Downloads: 9) .
The following are the screenshot of what happen to the battery.

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture3.JPG (Size: 35.73 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   Capture4.JPG (Size: 42.42 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   Capture5.JPG (Size: 12.62 KB / Downloads: 3)
(07-07-2017, 02:26 AM)kaybiel4u Wrote: Thanks to hovatek team for making it possible for me finally log in. Thanks, so much.

Now, i am faced with this problem since last month, when my laptop with windows 8 started to power off itself  on battery even when the battery is at 70% or sometimes 43%. I have done lots of updates with the drivers, still no changes. I have checked the battery status with hp support assistant, the result displayed was OK. I have uninstalled and disabled microsoft ACPI management in the device manager to see if i could update the driver but it won't update, instead it shows microsoft ACPI management is up to date. I enjoy the system when there is light. I another thing i discovered was the system gives too much sound may be its the cooling fan that makes such sound i don't know. 

Another thing is, the battery is not giving low battery warning again and it charge for some minutes and stop charging few minutes after, when the charging reach 94% it won't charge again even when plug in.
The following are the screenshot of what happen to the battery.

its either your charger or your battery
try using a different charger if it persists, then try using a different battery
as my opinion its coz of fan problem and the heat sinker. . .try to clean the fan so the system will back to normal then. sometimes ac power will make the pc to shut down if its faulty. . .check fan. . .check cpu socket also