Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

rooting s8 clone mt6580 chipset

hey guys,
i have tried gaining root access to my clone s8 using the same process as the s7 clone mt6580, but I sp flash wants the phone to be formatted, i dont see any logical reason to format if i only want root access. can anyone shine any light on how i would go about gaining root access for this clone.

(07-07-2017, 12:43 PM)michael.kirk Wrote: hey guys,
i have tried gaining root access to my clone s8 using the same process as the s7 clone mt6580, but I sp flash wants the phone to be formatted, i dont see any logical reason to format if i only want root access. can anyone shine any light on how i would go about gaining root access for this clone.

What's your android version?
Use Miracle to Dump the phone's ROM, see guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html
Then Upload and drop link for recovery.bin and scatter file.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 08:01 AM by michael.kirk. )
android version 7.0 (I'm not too sure of this, when I tap android version in settings the marshmallow symbol appears!!)
miracle box doesn't allow the start button to work? possible issue with windows 10? the issue was with win 10 used win7 with miracle box
i am unable to upload the recovery.bin file. error

Attached Files
.txt   MT6580_Android_scatter.txt (Size: 8.44 KB / Downloads: 2)

Which recovery and scatter file are you using for your flash attempt?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2017, 07:50 AM by michael.kirk. )
(07-08-2017, 01:03 PM)hovatek Wrote:

Which recovery and scatter file are you using for your flash attempt?

i used, thread-17207.html
tried using philz recovery.img and shouldn't i be using the scatter file which i uploaded to you in the previous post?
(07-09-2017, 07:35 AM)michael.kirk Wrote: i used, thread-17207.html
tried using philz recovery.img and shouldn't i be using the scatter file which i uploaded to you in the previous post?

You're not supposed to use either the scatter file or recovery at that thread as its clearly not the same model as yours.
Have you dumped your firmware using Miracle Box?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)