(08-10-2017, 12:56 PM)dalid.daud Wrote: oK, But can I be guided as to when to/not to create a thread? please!. I am always very confused and more importantly afraid considering I have a warning for creating threads and posting in other peoples threads that I feel are relevant to what am looking for.
That warning put me in constant fear of where to post my issues.
Please Guide me to sail peacefully in this useful forum!
Thanks for asking.
The rule of thumb is
One device issue per Support thread per User
Let me use your case as a practical example here.
The title of this thread is "Requesting stock rom for tecno camon cx" originally created by dalid.daud .
What this means is that:
1. Any body commenting under this thread must be trying to help dalid.daud on this issue , not get help on this or another issue
2. Anybody also requesting for a Tecno Camon CX stock rom is supposed to create his / her own thread, not comment under dalid.daud's own thread even though they have the same issue / want the same thing
3. dalid.daud isn't to intentionally create more threads on this very same issue in order to get more attention
4. If after dalid.daud gets the stock rom, he wants to know how to flash it or had issues after flashing, he needs to create a new thread because the issue now is "how to flash the stock rom" or "how to fix problems after flashing the stock rom" which are different from the original title of the thread.
* Note: We would (in this example) normally tell you how to flash the rom. We could sometimes give a brief answer to the other question (different from the original title) but if we suspect the person would need a detailed response / it could derail the thread, we direct to create a new thread
Yes, this might seem frustrating but its the best way to ensure order and proper archiving. We explained why we have to enforce this @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-15852.html
If we don't it'll be chaotic providing support and reading solved threads to find anwers