This guide is made purposely for people who wish to format their Pc or want to install a software which it's setup is lost, corrupted or the installation disc is damaged but they already have the software installed on another Pc. Following these few steps you will be able to get the backup of the installed software as a single/compiled .exe file.
- innosetup-5.5.9 . Download
Steps to Make .exe Setup File From Installed Software On Pc
- Install and Run Inno Setup Compiler
- Click Cancel to close the Welcome Screen Pop-up
- Go to File>New and Click
- Click Next on the Setup Script Wizard
- Input the Application Name, Version and Click Next.
- Here, leave everything intact and Click Next
- Click Browse to Select/Locate the application main executable file
- Select the .exe file (e.g. I used shareIt software) File Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Shareit
- Click Open
- Now, Go to Add file(s) to select other application files.
- Highlight/Select All files in the directory folder and Click Open
- Click on Next in the Wizard
- Select Everything in this screen and Click "Next"
- Select the Language that was used to install the software in the first place and Click Next
- Click 'YES' on the pop-up screen
- Choose your choice here (i chose 'NO' because i don't need the script file)
- You can see the compilation progress in this image
- After the Compilation is finish,
- Go to Build>Open Output Folder to open the compiled .exe File/Setup
- You can Now Run the Program on Another PC to Check if it's working fine.