Hovatek Forum MOBILE Others Nokia (Symbian & Java) Nokia 3 - MTK 6737M - Stock, Port, Anything?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Nokia 3 - MTK 6737M - Stock, Port, Anything?

Nokia 3 - MTK 6737M - Stock, Port, Anything?

bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
09-07-2017, 08:52 PM

Hello, 

After some months, I am back here seeking for the solutions and custom options available for latest Nokia 3 with MediaTek MT6737M. 
I found that recently needrom.com listed the stock ROM for Nokia 3 but I couldn't try that ROM as the Nokia 3 device I am currently having is not my property. So I better thought to look for some authenticity of the ROM or likewise the custom twrp recovery as linked by this website

Both of these I can not verify but one thing that held me from doing it was that the size of the custom recovery image is larger than the partition size in the stock ROM (as appeared from the scatter file of the stock ROM). SP Flash Tool also reported about that when I loaded the stock scatter file and switched the recovery image from stock to custom twrp by manually selecting it which was obvious. 

Doing it other way by modifying the recovery entry in scatter file via notepad by replacing the stock recovery image filename with the custom recovery image filename. Upon loading the modified scatter file, SP Flash Tool reported about the boundary overlap error as the listed custom recovery image end address was overlapping the next partition. 

I wanted to get some expert opinion over here so here I have put some initial findings about these available stock ROM and custom recovery. Stock ROM is large so I think I should mention the 
  • stock recovery image file size is only 10.9 MB but the size of the
  • custom recovery image file is 28.1 MB 
  • I have also attached the scatter file from the stock ROM.
I am not sure if I should try enforcing SP Flash Tool to flash that custom recovery by setting the flag boundary_check = false or not but I thought it could destroy the next partition on the phone (which is logo.bin) if the stock ROM is actually genuine and valid stock ROM.

Hope to hear some good opinions here.

Thank you
This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 08:56 PM by bellskar. Edit Reason: spelling mistakes
Attached Files
.txt
NE1-0-1480-MT6737M_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 11.74 KB / Downloads: 61
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
10-07-2017, 10:37 AM
(09-07-2017, 08:52 PM)bellskar Hello, 

Hope to hear some good opinions here.

Thank you

the recovery size is definitely too large. forcing it would only destroy the next partition.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
10-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Thank you @freshtyt

I tried to check the custom recovery by unpacking with Carliv Kitchen. It appears to be fake as all references are from Xiaomi Redmi 4 with previous version of Android.

Just checking with the stock ROM if it's actually genuine and not fake as well.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
11-07-2017, 06:05 PM
(10-07-2017, 01:11 PM)bellskar Thank you @freshtyt

I tried to check the custom recovery by unpacking with Carliv Kitchen. It appears to be fake as all references are from Xiaomi Redmi 4 with previous version of Android.

Just checking with the stock ROM if it's actually genuine and not fake as well.

if you have the stock recovery image and scatter file, you can make a request at the dev section hopefully the admins can assist you in porting one
zoeii.noelie
zoeii.noelie
zoeii.noelie
29-09-2017, 09:32 AM

forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-3/how-to/nokia-ta-1032-firmware-t3680959
Try this firmware