Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need help with Gionee S6s (Condor Allure A8)

Brick  (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017, 02:31 PM by adam.smith. )

hello everyone.
I have a Condor Allure A8 (from Algeria) which is the same Indian phone Gionee S6s (I installed the Gionee ROM on it and it worked fine). I have some problems with it.

1- The phone has a root solution when it's in the released version of Android which is 6.0 marshmellow. Lately, It has gotten an update to version 7.0 nougat but the root won't work on it now.

2- After updating (even over the air update) to version 7.0, I lose the IMEI numbers (dual sim) which I can recover just fine using META MAUI, but I after completion, I get NVRAM WARNING ERR=0x10 with my WIFI list. The proposed solution to this problem on the internet doesn't fix it, it just transfers the message from ERROR=0x10 to ERROR= 0x02. I think it is also the reason behind the constant change of the phone's MAC ADDRESS.

Can anyone at least help me find a root for the new version 7.0
Also, If you can propose solutions for the other problems I would be very greatful.

(07-10-2017, 02:30 PM)adam.smith Wrote: hello everyone.
I have a Condor Allure A8 (from Algeria) which is the same Indian phone Gionee S6s (I installed the Gionee ROM on it and it worked fine). I have some problems with it.

1- The phone has a root solution when it's in the released version of Android which is 6.0 marshmellow. Lately, It has gotten an update to version 7.0 nougat but the root won't work on it now.

2- After updating (even over the air update) to version 7.0, I lose the IMEI numbers (dual sim) which I can recover just fine using META MAUI, but I after completion, I get NVRAM WARNING ERR=0x10 with my WIFI list. The proposed solution to this problem on the internet doesn't fix it, it just transfers the message from ERROR=0x10 to ERROR= 0x02. I think it is also the reason behind the constant change of the phone's MAC ADDRESS.

Also, If you can propose solutions for the other problems I would be very greatful.

See the fix for NVRAM @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-14261.html. Have you tried that?
(07-10-2017, 02:30 PM)adam.smith Wrote: hello everyone.

You'll need to root via custom recovery.
Do you have the Nougat recovery.img and scatter file?
If not, dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html and upload recovery.bin and scatter file.
Also. state your Build Number
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)