Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Tecno WX3 LTE stock rom, custom reovery image needed.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 12:03 PM by X3non. )

(07-29-2017, 10:14 AM)JuneX05 Wrote: to be honest, i don't get it.
does it mean in all ways i have some chances of not getting the firmware through any of the mentioned process?

v2.27 is an old version and won't work on the chipset of your device.
so unless you have a recent hardware dongle e.g latest version of miracle box or CM2 then you can dump the firmware from the working phone and flash yours.

the last statement in @Hovatek's reply is experimental i.e there is no guarantees if it would help revive your device BUT you are free to try it out.
download scatter file for your chipset @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-12724.html
do a readback of each partition of the working phone one partition at a time using the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html

PS its virtually the same process you used to get the recovery and boot from your device

(07-29-2017, 11:58 AM)X3non Wrote: v2.27 is an old version and won't work on the chipset of your device.
so unless you have a recent hardware dongle e.g latest version of miracle box or CM2 then you can dump the firmware from the working phone and flash yours.

the last statement in @Hovatek's reply is experimental i.e there is no guarantees if it would help revive your device BUT you are free to try it out.
download scatter file for your chipset @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-12724.html
do a readback of each partition of the working phone one partition at a time using the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html

PS its virtually the same process you used to get the recovery and boot from your device

Ok so i should use the hardware dongle and not the software one(s) to atleast get better results right?
And will i be able to get the preloader file because in spflash tool i could not acquire it at all even no matter how much i tried.
(07-29-2017, 12:50 PM)JuneX05 Wrote: Ok so i should use the hardware dongle and not the software one(s) to atleast get better results right?
And will i be able to get the preloader file because in spflash tool i could not acquire it at all even no matter how much i tried.

You would need the hardware dongle (with a higher version of Miracle Box) to dump successfully. Since the dongle isn't free (you have to buy it), I have suggested dumping one partition at a time from the working phone using sp flash tool.
(07-29-2017, 10:28 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 12:50 PM)JuneX05 Wrote: Ok so i should use the hardware dongle and not the software one(s) to atleast get better results right?

You would need the hardware dongle (with a higher version of Miracle Box) to dump successfully. Since the dongle isn't free (you have to buy it), I have suggested dumping one partition at a time from the working phone using sp flash tool.

I tried this option but why cant I dump the bootloader?
Everytime it doesn't detect the bootloader
(08-08-2017, 06:30 AM)JuneX05 Wrote: I tried this option but why cant I dump the bootloader?
Everytime it doesn't detect the bootloader

By 'bootloader' , what do you mean?
(08-09-2017, 08:06 AM)hovatek Wrote: By 'bootloader' , what do you mean?

I mean pre loader
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 11:30 AM by hovatek. )
(08-10-2017, 10:43 PM)JuneX05 Wrote: I mean pre loader

You might not be able to readback preloader with this method
What values did you use?
Question 
(08-11-2017, 11:29 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:43 PM)JuneX05 Wrote: I mean pre loader

You might not be able to readback preloader with this method
What values did you use?

i used the values that were indicated on the scatter file
the preloader

Code:
 partition_index: SYS0
  partition_name: preloader
  file_name: preloader_aeon6737m_65_m0.bin
  is_download: true
  type: SV5_BL_BIN
  linear_start_addr: 0x0
  physical_start_addr: 0x0
  partition_size: 0x40000
  region: EMMC_BOOT_1
  storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
  boundary_check: true
  is_reserved: false
  operation_type: BOOTLOADERS
  empty_boot_needed: false
  reserve: 0x00
(08-11-2017, 01:38 PM)JuneX05 Wrote: i used the values that were indicated on the scatter file
the preloader

Code:
  boundary_check: true
  is_reserved: false
  operation_type: BOOTLOADERS
  empty_boot_needed: false
  reserve: 0x00

I didn't expect that to work.
have you backed up other partitions?
(08-11-2017, 07:03 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 01:38 PM)JuneX05 Wrote: i used the values that were indicated on the scatter file
the preloader

Code: