Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Phantom5 keep restarting after flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Phantom5 keep restarting after flash

Tecno Phantom5 keep restarting after flash

illyasso
illyasso
illyasso
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Hello all,

Hope you are doing well, and many thanks to all your helps so far.

I have an issue with my Tecno Phantom5 phone. I flashed with the stock rom Tecno-Phantom5-H531-B1-L downloaded from here. The phone came up correctly. I rooted the phone with kingroot, to correct Invalid IMEI issue; and all other things seems ok. 
But unfortunately, the phone keeps restarting constantly, even if im not using it. After just 30 or even 5 min. Sometimes the fone freezes during booting on Tecno logo.

I then reflashed the phone with another stock rom i found Tecno_Phantom_5_MT6753_5.1.zip. With that one, the phne is stable. But there is a MTN network_locked constraint on that rom; means that I cant use my own SIM (Moov Etisalat). So I flashed back to the first rom with the restarting issue. But its very frustrating

So is there a way to correct that stability problem with the first rom, or break the locked network, or do you have a link to another stock rom I can use.

Thanks all in advance and have a nice day...
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2017-07-21-11-31-23.png
Size: 129.94 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-07-2017, 01:22 PM
(21-07-2017, 11:46 AM)illyasso Hello all,

I have an issue with my Tecno Phantom5 phone. I flashed with the stock rom Tecno-Phantom5-H531-B1-L downloaded from here. The phone came up correctly. I rooted the phone with kingroot, to correct Invalid IMEI issue; and all other things seems ok. 
But unfortunately, the phone keeps restarting constantly, even if im not using it. After just 30 or even 5 min. Sometimes the fone freezes during booting on Tecno logo.

I then reflashed the phone with another stock rom i found Tecno_Phantom_5_MT6753_5.1.zip. With that one, the phne is stable. But there is a MTN network_locked constraint on that rom; means that I cant use my own SIM (Moov Etisalat). So I flashed back to the first rom with the restarting issue. But its very frustrating

So is there a way to correct that stability problem with the first rom, or break the locked network, or do you have a link to another stock rom I can use.

Flash the ROM that's more stable for you (locked to MTN) then only preloader.bin from the one that freezes occasionally (to unlock it)
This post was last modified: 21-07-2017, 01:23 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
illyasso
illyasso
illyasso
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2017, 01:26 PM
(21-07-2017, 01:22 PM)hovatek

Flash the ROM that's more stable for you (locked to MTN) then only preloader.bin from the one that freezes occasionally (to unlock it)

Thanks for the reply. I will do the update and let you know the result.....
illyasso
illyasso
illyasso
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2017, 03:02 PM

I successfully flashed the stable ROM. But when I tried to apply only the preloader from the second ROM I got the "PMT changed for the ROM..." error
illyasso
illyasso
illyasso
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2017, 05:58 PM

(21-07-2017, 03:02 PM)illyasso

I successfully flashed the stable ROM. But when I tried to apply only the preloader from the second ROM I got the "PMT changed for the ROM..." error

Now I changed the preloader.bin file on the ROM directory and modified the checksum.ini file. I flash the ROM, but i'm still getting the locked network issue
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-07-2017, 12:10 AM
(21-07-2017, 05:58 PM)illyasso Now I changed the preloader.bin file on the ROM directory and modified the checksum.ini file. I flash the ROM, but i'm still getting the locked network issue

Flash the ROM that tends to freeze then only system.img from the one locked to MTN

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.