Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] PHONE BRICKED BY FLASH TOOL (PAP5451DUO)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] PHONE BRICKED BY FLASH TOOL (PAP5451DUO)

[Please help] PHONE BRICKED BY FLASH TOOL (PAP5451DUO)

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
20-07-2018, 04:57 PM

Yes, I did. But there's no luck. Probably the EMMC is dead. As I went over through discussions similar problems like this was about a dead EMMC chip - PRELOADER is flashable, and rest isn't.

How this EMMC chip replacement process done?
Do I need to look for a chip for this exact device model, or it's almost same for all MTK devices?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
20-07-2018, 06:54 PM
(20-07-2018, 04:57 PM)LeFizzy Yes, I did. But there's no luck. Probably the EMMC is dead. As I went over through discussions similar problems like this was about a dead EMMC chip - PRELOADER is flashable, and rest isn't.

How this EMMC chip replacement process done?
Do I need to look for a chip for this exact device model, or it's almost same for all MTK devices?

remember the rom you are trying to flash isn't for your model. so really cant jump to conclusion that its emmc
try flashing the rom using miracle box at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
can you get access to a working phone same model as yours?

as for emmc chip replacement, this is not to be done by just anybody. take your device to a phone hardware technician that can
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2018, 02:19 PM
"remember the rom you are trying to flash isn't for your model"
I can't really find a "real" stock rom for this model, and the manufacturer never released one for
any of their devices as I mentioned a year ago.

What do you recommend in this way? I have already downloaded multiple "stock" and "custom"
roms from few forums (eg. 4pda) but all of them gave the same result (0x8).

For the first time, is it possible to flash anything to see if it can turn on (a vibration, a screen led or sth)?
Is there any ROM that's do this?

Plus: I don't have other model like this near me (looking for advertisements, but there's no one) I think
you mean to backup it's ROM. For this, I've found a TWRP backup by a user for PAP5451 in .win format - can we do anything with it?

Edit: Is the mentioned MiracleBox for this purpose?
This post was last modified: 21-07-2018, 02:22 PM by LeFizzy.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-07-2018, 11:17 PM
(21-07-2018, 02:19 PM)LeFizzy What do you recommend in this way? I have already downloaded multiple "stock" and "custom"
roms from few forums (eg. 4pda) but all of them gave the same result (0x8).

For the first time, is it possible to flash anything to see if it can turn on (a vibration, a screen led or sth)?
Is there any ROM that's do this?

Plus: I don't have other model like this near me (looking for advertisements, but there's no one) I think
you mean to backup it's ROM. For this, I've found a TWRP backup by a user for PAP5451 in .win format - can we do anything with it?

Edit: Is the mentioned MiracleBox for this purpose?

you can flash preloader to give the phone sign of life [vibration when you try to power on]. in one of your previous replies, you mentioned you were able to flash preloader successfully, the question now is after successfully flashing preloader from the roms you downloaded then disconnect / reconnect the battery, is the dead phone still dead?

for now, TWRP backup is of no use, at least until you can power up and boot into twrp recovery

i meant to try flashing those roms that gave you errors using miracle box
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2018, 06:37 PM

Thanks for your reply.

There was no luck with the flashed Preloader, it didn't came up with any sign of life.

And for Miracle Box:
- The device finally showed up in the logs as "Prestigio" so far the dump was this:
info:
idTongueAP5500DUO_20130830_v.1.0.10
version:4.2.2
modelTongueAP5500DUO
brandTonguerestigio
manufacturerTonguerestigio

Which you can see, the brand is same as mine, but the model number is not (PAP5451DUO == PAP5500 as I read, just the camera is different).

Unfortunately, I can't flash to it because of the connect/disconnect error (with installed drivers, without battery).
It's not working with battery, just without it (but MiracleBox shows "port error" because of it).

What to do now next, to fix this? I also tried to press from one key (power) to all of them (vol+,vol-) none of them worked with battery, and without.
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2018, 10:36 PM
(22-07-2018, 06:37 PM)LeFizzy Thanks for your reply.

There was no luck with the flashed Preloader, it didn't came up with any sign of life.

And for Miracle Box:
- The device finally showed up in the logs as "Prestigio" so far the dump was this:
info:
id:PAP5500DUO_20130830_v.1.0.10
version:4.2.2
model:PAP5500DUO
brand:Prestigio
manufacturer:Prestigio

Which you can see, the brand is same as mine, but the model number is not (PAP5451DUO == PAP5500 as I read, just the camera is different).

Unfortunately, I can't flash to it because of the connect/disconnect error (with installed drivers, without battery).
It's not working with battery, just without it (but MiracleBox shows "port error" because of it).

What to do now next, to fix this? I also tried to press from one key (power)  to all of them (vol+,vol-) none of them worked with battery, and without.

Okay, I just found out that was from the ROM (scatter) information, not the phone.

But I'm not sure, but I was able to flash the Preloader, but this time with battery inside.
And... still no luck with flashing anything else (with SP Flash Tool, older version --> 3.1344 which throw this exception: BROM ERROR : S_DL_PMT_ERR_NO_SPACE (5069), maybe I'll look into a latest version again, but right now I'm sure the EMMC is dead. 

I can't really use Miracle Box, because it just don't have a mechanism like SP Flash has (to keep the connection, if found). It's just let it reconnect again, and throw the error "Unstable comport" over and over.

I hope you can help me out there, and sorry for the above smile stuff, that was a mistake by the emoticon-system. :)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-07-2018, 02:17 PM
(22-07-2018, 10:36 PM)LeFizzy ...
I can't really use Miracle Box, because it just don't have a mechanism like SP Flash has (to keep the connection, if found). It's just let it reconnect again, and throw the error "Unstable comport" over and over.

I hope you can help me out there, and sorry for the above smile stuff, that was a mistake by the emoticon-system. Smile

S_DL_PMT_ERR_NO_SPACE (5069) ..... I've not seen that error in a while. It means you're either flashing a rom that's to large or have emmc chip problems. Try the latest version of SP too although this really does look like an emmc issue
This post was last modified: 23-07-2018, 02:21 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2