Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] PHONE BRICKED BY FLASH TOOL (PAP5451DUO)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] PHONE BRICKED BY FLASH TOOL (PAP5451DUO)

[Please help] PHONE BRICKED BY FLASH TOOL (PAP5451DUO)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Heyho guys,

Device: Prestigio Multiphone 5451DUO (PAP5451DUO)

Recently I heard about this MTK device SP flash tool, so I decided to search a ROM and flash it to my device.
Before I tried to flash, my device had boot-loop problem, and I had a working stock recovery menu.

Now, I used the SP flash tool, but the device don't seems really alive. 
  • I can't turn it on with a long press in power button (I don't feel any vibration too)
  • In my Windows 7 x86-based PC I hear the connect / disconnect sound every 2 seconds, due there's no data sent. (it keeps the connection if data is sent)

I tried to charge it in both PC (for few hours) and wall-charger (for a whole night) but it's still not up. Probably because I formatted the EMMC (yeah, once I clicked on "format + download" mode)? 

Things I see in 3 different versions of SP flash tool:

1. BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)      [after ~00:01]
  2. BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)      [after ~00:01]
  3. BROM ERROR: ?? (8)                                               [after 01:25]
The 3th SP flash tool made the best result, but it's threw an error. I wonder if this device can be alive again, and I'm here to ask for further help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I re-installed the MTK drivers sometimes, and it gave me the same result everytime. 

I tried to flash two different custom ROMs (there's no stock ROMs available) from two different sites. They gave me the same results, see above the error-codes.

I think I wrote all the neccesary informations, if not, feel free to ask.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-07-2017, 06:29 PM
(22-07-2017, 03:54 PM)LeFizzy Heyho guys,

Recently I heard about this MTK device SP flash tool, so I decided to search a ROM and flash it to my device.
Before I tried to flash, my device had boot-loop problem, and I had a working stock recovery menu.

• I can't turn it on with a long press in power button (I don't feel any vibration too)
  • In my Windows 7 x86-based PC I hear the connect / disconnect sound every 2 seconds, due there's no data sent. (it keeps the connection if data is sent)

I tried to charge it in both PC (for few hours) and wall-charger (for a whole night) but it's still not up. Probably because I formatted the EMMC (yeah, once I clicked on "format + download" mode)? 

3. BROM ERROR: ?? (8)                                               [after 01:25]
The 3th SP flash tool made the best result, but it's threw an error. I wonder if this device can be alive again, and I'm here to ask for further help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I re-installed the MTK drivers sometimes, and it gave me the same result everytime. 

I tried to flash two different custom ROMs (there's no stock ROMs available) from two different sites. They gave me the same results, see above the error-codes.

There are quite number of issues at play here but we'll address each one at a time.
1. You really shouldn't have formatted just because you wanted to flash a ROM. An important question I have about this; was formatting successful (Green OK prompt) or it got interrupted by you or an error?
2. Error 4032 is a mismatch error (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html )
Its either you're wrongly pressing a button when connecting to PC for flashing or the firmware you're trying to flash isn't compatible with your phone. Its rarely a driver issue

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2017, 06:53 PM
(22-07-2017, 06:29 PM)hovatek
(22-07-2017, 03:54 PM)LeFizzy Heyho guys,

There are quite  number of issues at play here but we'll address each one at a time.
1. You really shouldn't have formatted just because you wanted to flash a ROM. An important question I have about this; was formatting successful (Green OK prompt) or it got interrupted by you or an error?
2. Error 4032 is a mismatch error (refer to -- can't post links -- )
Its either you're wrongly pressing a button when connecting to PC for flashing or the firmware you're trying to flash isn't compatible with your phone. Its rarely a driver issue

1. I read somewhere I need to format, then push the ROM to it. So, I did it. There wasn't any green "Ok" message after it, the entire process was like ==> first, the progress-bar was purple with text "Format 100%", and successed in a second. Then it became green with text "Download 100%", yeah - it successed in a second too. After it, the phone won't started anymore.

2. Gonna try if I keep the battery in. I thought I need to get it out while I flash it. :/

If the custom ROM is wrong, what I can do if I can't find any ROM for it? (p.s. I don't have another device like this model, so I can't backup that. Sad  )

Best regards, 
LeFizzy.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-07-2017, 11:41 AM
(22-07-2017, 06:53 PM)LeFizzy 1. I read somewhere I need to format, then push the ROM to it. So, I did it. There wasn't any green "Ok" message after it, the entire process was like ==> first, the progress-bar was purple with text "Format 100%", and successed in a second. Then it became green with text "Download 100%", yeah - it successed in a second too. After it, the phone won't started anymore.

2. Gonna try if I keep the battery in. I thought I need to get it out while I flash it. :/

If the custom ROM is wrong, what I can do if I can't find any ROM for it? (p.s. I don't have another device like this model, so I can't backup that. Sad  )

Best regards, 
LeFizzy.

Because you formatted (without flashing back successfully), you'll need a full stock ROM (not custom ROM).
Can I see full screenshots of the files contained in the ROMs you're trying to flash
Also, don't press any button when connecting to PC for flashing

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
24-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Uh, if I need a stock ROM then I think I will give up. Once I asked the company for the Stock ROM, then the replay was like "Only authorized users can access it". And they didn't released the ROM for this model. Sad

It's not a problem, I have a new phone since it's bricked, and I don't want pay 10s of euros to fix with their authorization. :/

Thanks for your help, maybe I will sell this device as a component.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2017, 12:06 AM
(24-07-2017, 03:54 PM)LeFizzy Uh, if I need a stock ROM then I think I will give up. Once I asked the company for the Stock ROM, then the replay was like "Only authorized users can access it". And they didn't released the ROM for this model. Sad

It's not a problem, I have a new phone since it's bricked, and I don't want pay 10s of euros to fix with their authorization. :/

Thanks for your help, maybe I will sell this device as a component.

The custom ROM might also help depending on the format. That's why I asked for screenshots of its content

Note!
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Oh, okay. I guess they're good, because this PAP54xx models almost same (as I read) so it's doesn't matter if you try flash a PAP5450 ROM to PAP5451 and so on.

This ROM is from the 4pda*ru website, Prestigio PAP54xx topic:
.png
rom_dir.PNG
Size: 17.69 KB / Downloads: 10

This ROM is from the needrom*com Prestigio PAP5451DUO page:
.png
rom_from_needrom_com.PNG
Size: 17.59 KB / Downloads: 10

As I think, if the formation was not successfully, then we can "download" the custom ROM, else we can't?
-If yes, maybe I did a mistake on Saturday. :/ I downloaded a old version of SP Flash Tool, and the formattion ended with a dialog "OK" as you mentioned  before. :/

I guess, now I need the stock ROM. :O
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2017, 01:18 PM
(25-07-2017, 08:46 AM)LeFizzy Oh, okay. I guess they're good, because this PAP54xx models almost same (as I read) so it's doesn't matter if you try flash a PAP5450 ROM to PAP5451 and so on.

This ROM is from the 4pda*ru website, Prestigio PAP54xx topic:

This ROM is from the needrom*com Prestigio PAP5451DUO page:

As I think, if the formation was not successfully, then we can "download" the custom ROM, else we can't?
-If yes, maybe I did a mistake on Saturday. :/ I downloaded a old version of SP Flash Tool, and the formattion ended with a dialog "OK" as you mentioned  before. :/

I guess, now I need the stock ROM. :O

They're both in scatter format. Whether custom or stock, that doesn't matter.
Now, lets focus on the error 4032.
In your screenshots, I can't find userdata & cache . This means if userdata and cache boxes (which are empty) are ticked during flashing, you'll get error 4032.
Also, you could get error 4032 if you're pressing any button when connecting to PC for flashing. On rare occasions, it could occur when you use old versions of SP Flash tool.
There are the three scenarios we need to check for a start so I'll start by asking for a full screenshot of the error message

Note!
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
LeFizzy
Enthusiastic Member
20-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Hi there, Hovatek.

Recently, I've started to work with this device again as an interest/hobby. Firstly, I'd like to say thanks for all the help you gave to me a year ago.

Secondly, I start with the answers to your questions:
- I've got another computer since then, and with this the 4032 error is gone. But still there's 0x8 error, which might be because of a wrong EMMC chip.

But It's only appears if I try to flash MBR, EBR1, UBOOT, etc. after BOOTLOADER:
.png
imageone.png
Size: 100.12 KB / Downloads: 6

I can flash the BOOTLOADER without any problems, as you can see there:
.png
imagesec.png
Size: 100.95 KB / Downloads: 4

Do you have any ideas for this problem? It's really the EMMC chip or I've got a bad ROM? ... As I know, it's a full stock ROM, but I'm not sure if that's a scam or not.

Thanks for your reply, keep up the good work. Smile
Cheers,
LeFizzy
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-07-2018, 04:34 PM

(20-07-2018, 03:49 PM)LeFizzy Hi there, Hovatek.

Recently, I've started to work with this device again as an interest/hobby. Firstly, I'd like to say thanks for all the help you gave to me a year ago.

Secondly, I start with the answers to your questions:
- I've got another computer since then, and with this the 4032 error is gone. But still there's 0x8 error, which might be because of a wrong EMMC chip.

But It's only appears if I try to flash MBR, EBR1, UBOOT, etc. after BOOTLOADER:

I can flash the BOOTLOADER without any problems, as you can see there:

Do you have any ideas for this problem? It's really the EMMC chip or I've got a bad ROM? ... As I know, it's a full stock ROM, but I'm not sure if that's a scam or not.

Thanks for your reply, keep up the good work. Smile
Cheers,
LeFizzy

have you tried all the fix(es) for that error @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next