Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Acer Liquid Z6 (T09) Rooting &or Recovery help
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Acer Liquid Z6 (T09) Rooting &or Recovery help

Acer Liquid Z6 (T09) Rooting &or Recovery help

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
darkflame
darkflame
darkflame
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2017, 09:49 PM

Quick summery:

Phone: Acer Liquid Z6
Model No: T09
HMHW7EE0016480050D6D00  (from 'fastboot devices')

Gets stuck on boot logo, but I can get to recovery options with Power+Up (giving "recovery","fastboot","normal","demo");
Fastboot is setup on my pc and works.
Adb is too and I think it works, but cant test.

Desire:
Ideally a routed version of the OS it came with, failing that just it working again as purchased.
Alternatively some sort of stock android would also do.

Options tried:
Philz  - works (either via fastboot recovery, or booting directly via fastboot to it), seems to be able to install things.
CWM   - doesn't load.
TWRP  - doesn't load.

Using Philz I tried reinstalling the OS image from the official Acer site:
acer_com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6995?b=1
Despite it seeming to install ok, it still refuses to boot, remaining on the same logo when you turn it on.
I then need to remove the battery and put it back to let me get to the recovery options again.

Longer explanation:

After buying Acer Liquid Z6 for development work, I have been trying for a week to root it with no luck. My first attempt failed and put it in the state shown above. 
I think it went wrong because I (foolishly) didn't forum thread-17666 correctly and hit root at the end of the process.
Since then I have been trying various options without luck.

I thus decided to sign up and throw myself on the mercy of the forum.
Any advice on what to try/investigate from here?

Thanks,
Thomas
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-07-2017, 12:47 AM
(25-07-2017, 09:49 PM)darkflame ...
Any advice on what to try/investigate from here?

Thanks,
Thomas

Lets go through this one step at a time.
At what point (after flashing custom recovery) did the phone get bricked?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
darkflame
darkflame
darkflame
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2017, 08:08 PM
After installing SuperSU2.78.zip, selectingg fixroot and restarting (via power button). It then remained on the logo.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-07-2017, 08:28 AM
(27-07-2017, 08:08 PM)darkflame After installing SuperSU2.78.zip, selectingg fixroot and restarting (via power button). It then remained on the logo.

most custom recoveries usually offer to fix root, you are to select NO at this point.
you need to flash back stock rom to at least get your device to boot properly before you can attempt rooting again
darkflame
darkflame
darkflame
Enthusiastic Member
31-07-2017, 10:46 PM

Yes, I thought that was 90% likely what I did wrong (hence the 'foolishly' in the first post). 

However, I am now not sure how to flash back the stock rom.
I thought it would just be installing the *.img  from the Acer website via the 'install' option in Philz,
Quote:Using Philz I tried reinstalling the OS image from the official Acer site:
acer_com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6995?b=1
Despite it seeming to install ok, it still refuses to boot, remaining on the same logo when you turn it on.
I then need to remove the battery and put it back to let me get to the recovery options again.

If you could give me pointers on the correct method to flash back. 
Thanks,
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-08-2017, 10:28 PM
(31-07-2017, 10:46 PM)darkflame If you could give me pointers on the correct method to flash back. 
Thanks,

Have you downloaded the stock rom?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
darkflame
darkflame
darkflame
Enthusiastic Member
02-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Is not the *.img I quoted the link too above the stock rom?
Its from acers site, and matches my model.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-08-2017, 10:40 PM
(02-08-2017, 04:10 PM)darkflame Is not the *.img I quoted the link too above the stock rom?

I think that ROM you flashed is supposed to be flashed in stock recovery, not custom.
Can I see a screenshot of the contents of the zip

Note!
darkflame
darkflame
darkflame
Enthusiastic Member
05-08-2017, 11:31 PM
(02-08-2017, 10:40 PM)hovatek
(02-08-2017, 04:10 PM)darkflame Is not the *.img I quoted the link too above the stock rom?

I think that ROM you flashed is supposed to be flashed in stock recovery, not custom.
Can I see a screenshot of the contents of the zip

Sure,
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 38.18 KB / Downloads: 15
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-08-2017, 11:03 AM

(05-08-2017, 11:31 PM)darkflame Sure,

definitely looks like an update package and should be flashed using stock recovery
Pages (2): 1 2 Next