Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Samsung S4 OTA update problem
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Samsung S4 OTA update problem

[Please help] Samsung S4 OTA update problem

Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
26-07-2017, 07:50 AM

Here's the full gist.
The S4 is presently on Android 4.4 and its bringing an OTA update to 5.0.1 about 1GB. So I tried updating it so when it was about to install the update, it got to a stage and it wrote error. I don't know why.

I decided to download the update again and this time, I get an error, "Your phone is modified, no software update available".

I Google searched every possible solutions which included unmounting SD card, boot into recovery and wipe cache, that didn't work.

Later I saw a solution which requires rooting, installing of Xposed installer and Wanam Xposed Module.

Fortunately, I tried and I was able to download the update again but whenever its installing the update, it writes error and boots the phone and software not updated. I've tried it like 3 times n I've wasted enough GB.

Please Help Me.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-07-2017, 08:52 AM
(26-07-2017, 07:50 AM)Hayordejee Here's the full gist.
The S4 is presently on Android 4.4 and its bringing an OTA update to 5.0.1 about 1GB. So I tried updating it so when it was about to install the update, it got to a stage and it wrote error. I don't know why.

I decided to download the update again and this time, I get an error, "Your phone is modified, no software update available".

I Google searched every possible solutions which included unmounting SD card, boot into recovery and wipe cache, that didn't work.

Later I saw a solution which requires rooting, installing of Xposed installer and Wanam Xposed Module.

Fortunately, I tried and I was able to download the update again but whenever its installing the update, it writes error and boots the phone and software not updated. I've tried it like 3 times n I've wasted enough GB.

Please Help Me.

You don't need to root your phone to install official update. If you're finding it difficult to update via OTA you can download the v5.0.1 firmware @ sammobile.com and flash with Odin.
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
26-07-2017, 11:11 AM
(26-07-2017, 08:52 AM)innagee

Please Help Me.

You don't need to root your phone to install official update. If you're finding it difficult to update via OTA you can download the v5.0.1 firmware @ sammobile.com and flash with Odin.

I Think I prefer this. But I've nevet flashed with Odin. Please how do I go bou it. I use windows 10 in case you wanna suggest some drivers. Thanks.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-07-2017, 11:26 AM
(26-07-2017, 11:11 AM)Hayordejee

Please Help Me.

I Think I prefer this. But I've nevet flashed with Odin. Please how do I go bou it. I use windows 10 in case you wanna suggest some drivers. Thanks.

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-519.html
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
26-07-2017, 11:32 AM

(26-07-2017, 11:26 AM)innagee

Please Help Me.

THanks bro but a problem still.
I wanna download the os from sammobile but its asking me to select my country and carrier (after selecting my phone).

I dunno which Country and Career to chose Nigeria is not there. Kindly help me please.

Or if You can also help me get a direct link. Thanks

Again looks like there regular speed download is slow. 15kb/s.
Please is there any other faster link?
This post was last modified: 26-07-2017, 11:34 AM by Hayordejee.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-07-2017, 11:46 AM
(26-07-2017, 11:32 AM)Hayordejee

Please Help Me.

I wanna download the os from sammobile but its asking me to select my country and carrier (after selecting my phone).

I dunno which Country and Career to chose Nigeria is not there. Kindly help me please.

Choose any of the countries it will work.
For downloading speed, it will be more than 15kb/s while download, ranging from 100kb to 150kb/s but if you need more than that, then you must subscribe for premium membership.
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
26-07-2017, 12:10 PM
(26-07-2017, 11:46 AM)innagee
(26-07-2017, 11:32 AM)Hayordejee
(26-07-2017, 08:52 AM)innagee You don't need to root your phone to install official update. If you're finding it difficult to update via OTA you can download the v5.0.1 firmware @ sammobile.com and flash with Odin.

Choose any of the countries it will work.
For downloading speed, it will be more than 15kb/s while download, ranging from 100kb to 150kb/s but if you need more than that, then you must subscribe for premium membership.

Ok bro! Thanks! Ima try it and give you feedback
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
26-07-2017, 08:38 PM
(26-07-2017, 12:10 PM)Hayordejee Ok bro! Thanks! Ima try it and give you feedback

if you are still getting slow speeds from sammobile, you can crosscheck the name of the file you are currently downloading then search for the file on other clouds e.g https://androidfilehost.com
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
26-07-2017, 11:02 PM
(26-07-2017, 08:38 PM)freshtyt
(26-07-2017, 12:10 PM)Hayordejee Ok bro! Thanks! Ima try it and give you feedback

if you are still getting slow speeds from sammobile, you can crosscheck the name of the file you are currently downloading then search for the file on other clouds e.g https://androidfilehost.com

Oh! Thanks