Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Convert .bin files to .img
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Convert .bin files to .img

Convert .bin files to .img

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
10-08-2017, 03:16 PM

Hello, I did an Android ROM back-up using miracle box but the files are in .bin which means I can only use miracle box to Flash the file to any device. This seems restrictive as I like using different Flashing Tools.

Pls I'd like know if there's a way to convert these .bin files to .img files so I can use flashing Tools like SP, Wiselink, etx..

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
P.S - I've tried renaming... And my HDD got dead during the task. I'm not sure if that's the cause or its just coincidence.

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
10-08-2017, 03:22 PM
L

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Hovatek Forum
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
10-08-2017, 03:39 PM
You will do it in 2 steps.
Step 1
If you're using win 7 just rename the extension of the files from bin to img. Example recovery.bin to recovery.img the files to be converted are heavy files like android, cache, recovery, logo
Step 2
Open the scatter file with your note pad and change the systems partition names from bin to img. Example partition name: recovery bin to recovery. Img

This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 04:00 PM by alimalamm.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-08-2017, 04:02 PM
(10-08-2017, 03:16 PM)erhiskobi Hello, I did an Android ROM back-up using miracle box but the files are in .bin which means I can only use miracle box to Flash the file to any device. This seems restrictive as I like using different Flashing Tools.

Pls I'd like know if there's a way to convert these .bin files to .img files so I can use flashing Tools like SP, Wiselink, etx..

P.S - I've tried renaming... And my HDD got dead during the task. I'm not sure if that's the cause or its just coincidence.

that is just coincidence.
the problem is usually not from the file but rather the scatter file. At most you'll get an error when you use a scatter file created by miracle box on sp flash tool. most esp mt6580. you just have to stick with miracle box to avoid unnecessary errors
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
10-08-2017, 08:11 PM

With my method you can flash it with sp flash tool

austinelead
austinelead
austinelead
10-08-2017, 08:15 PM
kuddos hovatek

i love this site
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
11-08-2017, 02:48 PM
(10-08-2017, 04:02 PM)X3non
(10-08-2017, 03:16 PM)erhiskobi Hello, I did an Android ROM back-up using miracle box but the files are in .bin which means I can only use miracle box to Flash the file to any device. This seems restrictive as I like using different Flashing Tools.

the problem is usually not from the file but rather the scatter file. At most you'll get an error when you use a scatter file created by miracle box on sp flash tool. most esp mt6580. you just have to stick with miracle box to avoid unnecessary errors

I know that. And I wasn't trying to flash with sp flash tool. I want to change the files to img which is flashable by sp flash tool and other tools like wise link. But so far, I think it's only miracle box that can flash bin files. I don't like depending on 1 tool. You see the point?

And about the HDD, I meant during remaining of the bin files to img, not during flashing. And well, I think it might be coincidence.

Thanks

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
11-08-2017, 03:00 PM
(10-08-2017, 03:39 PM)alimalamm You will do it in 2 steps.
Step 1
If you're using win 7 just rename the extension of the files from bin to img. Example recovery.bin to recovery.img the files to be converted are heavy files like android, cache, recovery, logo
Step 2
Open the scatter file with your note pad and change the systems partition names from bin to img. Example partition name: recovery bin to recovery. Img

Thanks for response.

If I get you correctly, from step you saying there's no need to change all the files? Just specific ones like the ones you mentioned? If so then what should be the size range to determine which files that should be changed. Cos I know that even some ROMs that are flashable by sp flash tool still contain some files that are in bin format.
Also, I will have to do step 2 after renaming the files extension from step 1 yeah?

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
11-08-2017, 03:01 PM
(10-08-2017, 08:11 PM)alimalamm With my method you can flash it with sp flash tool

Thanks

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
11-08-2017, 03:03 PM

(10-08-2017, 04:02 PM)X3non

I know that. And I wasn't trying to flash with sp flash tool. I want to change the files to img which is flashable by sp flash tool and other tools like wise link. But so far, I think it's only miracle box that can flash bin files. I don't like depending on 1 tool. You see the point?

And about the HDD, I meant during remaining of the bin files to img, not during flashing. And well, I think it might be coincidence.

Thanks

Pages (2): 1 2 Next