Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] [ Please Help ] Blu Advance 4.0 L Part 2

Hello everyone. I was very impressed by the help I received last time I was here, so I'm back to see if you guys can help me fix an issue that was caused by the solution to my previous problem. reference topic: forum.hovatek.com/thread-9975.h t m l

Issue:

1. Sim card takes 3-4 hours to acquire correct network signal once the signal has been lost ie. Turning off the phone, moving to an area with no coverage,etc. ( does not affect calls/text )
1b. Clock is off by 3 hours until proper signal is found.
1c. Can not use my Data until proper signal is found.

2. Connecting to wifi causes the signal to be lost and phone will not try to search for correct signal until no wifi connection is present.

What caused the issue:

By my best guess, I believe it was due to leaving the sim card in when i used "spft" to flash over my corrupted rom. I'm assuming that one of the processes messes with sim cards and now my sim card is missing information that was vital to it performing correctly. Read the full story to see why I believe this is true.

Full Story:

So I've had this crappy obama phone for over 2 years now and although I hate it, I'm to cheap to replace it. Three months ago I finally got fed up with it and decided to call Lifewireless to see how much they would charge me to get a new phone. Apparently they offered one free upgrade, so I took it. I also inquired about getting a data plan and I was told that 500mb of data a month is free IF YOU ASK FOR THE PLAN. SO yeah, turns out I could have had data for over 2 years but because I was never told about a better phone plan when I called the company previously looking for help or the fact that when I first got my phone I was never even told there was a slightly better plan that was free really pissed me off Angry Angry Angry  .
Anyways, I got the new phone only to find out it was WAY crappier then my old one and i ended up breaking it on accident 2 weeks after i got it. I decided to put in both the old and new sim cards into my old phone and after seeing that they both canceled each other out I cut off the data connection in the old sim card and everything worked fine. I started to appreciate my old phone way more until the rom got corrupted for like the 15th time since I've had it. Had no choice but to flash over it to fix it and that's when I noticed all the issues with the network signal. I actually knew about the clock issue but I had no idea what caused it until I realized that all these issues arose the second I flashed over the phone with the new sim card still inside and everything was fine before I flashed.
So yeah that's everything. Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can come through again and save me from my terrible phone  :p .

(08-13-2017, 01:35 AM)Tallgeese3 Wrote: Hello everyone. I was very impressed by the help I received last time I was here, so I'm back to see if you guys can help me fix an issue that was caused by the solution to my previous problem. reference topic: forum.hovatek.com/thread-9975.h t m l

From all you've described, it has nothing to do with the SIM having been inside the phone while flashing. This sounds like a classic NVRAM issue.
An NVRAM issue would explain WiFi clashes with signal detection and also signal detection lags.
Usually, you would need an NVRAM backup from a working phone of the same model (not necessarily the same Build, variant or even Android version sometimes).
Depending on the content of the firmware you flashed, you might find NVRAM or DB files (APDB, BPLGU or MDDB) which can be written to the phone to fix NVRAM errors like this
(08-14-2017, 08:09 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 01:35 AM)Tallgeese3 Wrote: Hello everyone. I was very impressed by the help I received last time I was here, so I'm back to see if you guys can help me fix an issue that was caused by the solution to my previous problem. reference topic: forum.hovatek.com/thread-9975.h t m l

From all you've described,  it has nothing to do with the SIM having been inside the phone while flashing. This sounds like a classic NVRAM issue.
An NVRAM issue would explain WiFi clashes with signal detection and also signal detection lags.
Usually, you would need an NVRAM backup from a working phone of the same model (not necessarily the same Build, variant or even Android version sometimes).
Depending on the content of the firmware you flashed, you might find NVRAM or DB files (APDB, BPLGU or MDDB) which can be written to the phone to fix NVRAM errors like this

Thanks for the reply. Checked stock rom and it contains:

1. BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6572_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V36_P4_1_wg_n  

2. APDB_MT6572_S01_KK1.MP7_

I did a little bit of googling but I'm still not clear on what the exact procedure to inject these into my phone is. It seems like its a pretty lengthy process involving an app called SNwriter. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks again.

On a side note while I do agree the issue is more then likely nvram related ( i even have the nvram warning: err 0x10 issue ) I still find it rather peculiar that none of these issues were present UNTIL I flashed Huh .
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 10:18 AM by hovatek. )
(Yesterday, 01:12 AM)Tallgeese3 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Checked stock rom and it contains:

1. BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6572_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V36_P4_1_wg_n  

2. APDB_MT6572_S01_KK1.MP7_

I did a little bit of googling but I'm still not clear on what the exact procedure to inject these into my phone is. It seems like its a pretty lengthy process involving an app called SNwriter. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks again.

On a side note while I do agree the issue is more then likely nvram related ( i even have the nvram warning: err 0x10 issue ) I still find it rather peculiar that none of these issues were present UNTIL I flashed Huh .

Some roms are laden with NVRAM problems. In other cases, it could happen when you format first before flashing. You're to follow the SN writer guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-12306.html and re-write IMEI and WiFi (Mac) address