Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] my blackberry calls USSD codes instead of checking,it doesn't browse with megabytes.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] my blackberry calls USSD codes instead of checking,it doesn't browse with megabytes.

[Please help] my blackberry calls USSD codes instead of checking,it doesn't browse with megabytes.

matswags
matswags
matswags
Techie Member
19-03-2015, 02:14 PM

My blackberry bold3 doesn't check account balance instead it calls the USSD code (*556#),and it doesn't browse with megabytes in the web browser,but it do browse on operamini,and I'm unable to watch youtube videos.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-03-2015, 04:09 PM
(19-03-2015, 02:14 PM)matswags My blackberry bold3 doesn't check account balance instead it calls the USSD code (*556#),and it doesn't browse with megabytes in the web browser,but it do browse on operamini,and I'm unable to watch youtube videos.

lets tackle one at a time.
 The USSD dialing code issue. 
this is often because the Blackberry has just been unlocked. this should stop once you subscribe for a BIS plan. in the mean time, what you can do to make your USSD codes work for now is to dial customer care (180) . once the call connects, you can then dial any USSD code and it'll work.
let me know if this works before we tackle the browsing issue

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
matswags
matswags
matswags
Techie Member
19-03-2015, 09:12 PM
I have tried it,it works,I dialed d ussd code while calling 180 and it works
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2015, 09:31 AM
(19-03-2015, 09:12 PM)matswags I have tried it,it works,I dialed d ussd code while calling 180 and it works

Alright. for the browsing issue, do you have a data plan? and is it that your credit gets deducted when you try using the web browser or it doesn't connect at all?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
matswags
matswags
matswags
Techie Member
20-03-2015, 10:08 AM

i have 143mb remaining,and the web browser doesnt browse at all,only operamini,2go,and when it browse a little it wont again till i reboot the phone.the last time i did mtn daily sub,the web browser works but doesnt watch youtube videos my money gets deducted for that and once my money finised it wont play videos again.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2015, 10:38 AM
(20-03-2015, 10:08 AM)matswags i have 143mb remaining,and the web browser doesnt browse at all,only operamini,2go,and when it browse a little it wont again till i reboot the phone.the last time i did mtn daily sub,the web browser works but doesnt  watch youtube videos my money gets deducted for that and once my money finised it wont play videos again.

the fault is from MTN in that case. they have this issue of deducting credit instead of data a lot. try tweaking the APN using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/blackberry-...ng-solved/

Note!