Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] Asus DVD Fails to load or play..help!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Asus DVD Fails to load or play..help!

[Please help] Asus DVD Fails to load or play..help!

Ahis
Ahis
Ahis
Enthusiastic Member
18-08-2017, 11:54 PM

Recently while watching a DVD movie with my ASUS MODEL W5000 laptop, I fast forwarded the film and suddenly it hanged. I ejected the disc and reinserted it and hence it could not load nor play DVD discs except Video CD and audio CDs.
A friend advised me to download a file online to reinstall the DVD software or something , so I thought I could get a direct link here instead. Somebody help!

Sent from my E7L using Hovatek Forum
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-08-2017, 09:41 AM
(18-08-2017, 11:54 PM)Ahis Recently while watching a DVD movie with my ASUS  MODEL W5000 laptop, I fast forwarded the film and suddenly it hanged. I ejected the disc and reinserted it and hence it could not load nor play DVD discs except Video CD and audio CDs.
A friend advised me to download a file online to reinstall the DVD software or something , so I thought I could get a direct link here instead. Somebody help!

Which software?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ahis
Ahis
Ahis
Enthusiastic Member
19-08-2017, 10:29 PM
(18-08-2017, 11:54 PM)Ahis Recently while watching a DVD movie with my ASUS  MODEL W5000 laptop, I fast forwarded the film and suddenly it hanged. I ejected the disc and reinserted it and hence it could not load nor play DVD discs except Video CD and audio CDs.

Which software?
[/quote]
I really don't have an idea..maybe someone could help in fixing this...
Thanks.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-08-2017, 10:48 PM
(19-08-2017, 10:29 PM)Ahis I really don't have an idea..maybe someone could help in fixing this...
Thanks.

i don't think software is the problem here. it seems like your dvd rom is getting weak.
insert another dvd disc, open my computer and check if your PC can read the contents.
also test these discs on a different PC to be sure the disc itself isnt faulty
GreatMatthew
GreatMatthew
GreatMatthew
23-08-2017, 03:51 PM

Change the dvd rom,the lense is weak

Sent from my Q5 using Hovatek Forum