Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs Write Protected SanDisk 16gig flash drive
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Write Protected SanDisk 16gig flash drive

Write Protected SanDisk 16gig flash drive

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
19-08-2017, 11:35 PM

Good evening guys

Please help ❗❕❕❗

Was copying files from laptop to a flash drive and the laptop shut down in the process because of low battery and now I've charged the laptop. The problem now is that the flash drive that was connected to the laptop before the battery went flat is now showing WRITE PROTECTED, i can't do anything with the flash drive, can't copy/move anything to or from it, can't delete anything and the worst part is that it's not formatting, it just keeps showing WRITE PROTECTED. I've searched the whole google and tried all the methods I've seen but all to no avail. I've also tried to connect it via OTG to my Android phone to try deleting or formatting but it keeps failing.please help❗❕❗?

Thanks in advance.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-08-2017, 10:58 AM
(19-08-2017, 11:35 PM)lakunle1love Good evening guys

Please help ❗❕❕❗

Was copying files from laptop to a flash drive and the laptop shut down in the process  because of low battery and now I've charged the laptop. The problem now is that the flash drive that was connected to the laptop before the battery went flat is now showing WRITE PROTECTED, i can't do anything with the flash drive, can't copy/move anything to or from it, can't delete anything and the worst part is that it's not formatting, it just keeps showing WRITE PROTECTED. I've searched the whole google and tried all the methods I've seen but all to no avail. I've also tried to connect it via OTG to my Android phone to try deleting or formatting but it keeps failing.please help❗❕❗?

Thanks in advance.

Check this out, http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/m...drive.html
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
20-08-2017, 02:32 PM
(19-08-2017, 11:35 PM)lakunle1love Good evening guys

Please help [HEAVY EXCLAMATION MARK SYMBOL][WHITE EXCLAMATION MARK ORNAMENT][WHITE EXCLAMATION MARK ORNAMENT][HEAVY EXCLAMATION MARK SYMBOL]

Was copying files from laptop to a flash drive and the laptop shut down in the process  because of low battery and now I've charged the laptop. The problem now is that the flash drive that was connected to the laptop before the battery went flat is now showing WRITE PROTECTED, i can't do anything with the flash drive, can't copy/move anything to or from it, can't delete anything and the worst part is that it's not formatting, it just keeps showing WRITE PROTECTED. I've searched the whole google and tried all the methods I've seen but all to no avail. I've also tried to connect it via OTG to my Android phone to try deleting or formatting but it keeps failing.please help[HEAVY EXCLAMATION MARK SYMBOL][WHITE EXCLAMATION MARK ORNAMENT][HEAVY EXCLAMATION MARK SYMBOL]?

Thanks in advance.

Check this out, http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/m...drive.html
[/quote]
Thanks for your response, I've tried it but still the same bro. I'm getting "The operation did not complete because the media is write-protected."

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Forum
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
21-08-2017, 09:54 AM
(20-08-2017, 02:32 PM)lakunle1love Thanks for your response, I've tried it but still the same bro. I'm getting "The operation did not complete because the media is write-protected."

hhave you tried the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-set-...drive-etc/ ?
This post was last modified: 21-08-2017, 09:57 AM by freshtyt.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
21-08-2017, 11:41 AM

(20-08-2017, 02:32 PM)lakunle1love Thanks for your response, I've tried it but still the same bro. I'm getting "The operation did not complete because the media is write-protected."

hhave you tried the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-set-...drive-etc/ ?
[/quote]

Thanks for response too bro, I've tried everything in this link but still the same, I'm so frustrated right now 😴 [CRYING FACE].

freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
21-08-2017, 12:07 PM
(21-08-2017, 11:41 AM)lakunle1love Thanks for response too bro, I've tried everything in this link but still the same, I'm so frustrated right now ? [CRYING FACE].

after using the registry editor method, did you restart your PC before attempting to format the drive?
you can also try formatting the drive using SW's like EaseUS partition
This post was last modified: 21-08-2017, 12:10 PM by freshtyt.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
21-08-2017, 01:32 PM
(21-08-2017, 12:07 PM)freshtyt
(21-08-2017, 11:41 AM)lakunle1love Thanks for response too bro, I've tried everything in this link but still the same, I'm so frustrated right now ? [CRYING FACE].

after using the registry editor method, did you restart your PC before attempting to format the drive?
you can also try formatting the drive using SW's like EaseUS partition

Yes bro, I restarted. I don't know anything about SW's, can i get a link please?

maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
21-08-2017, 02:48 PM
(21-08-2017, 01:32 PM)lakunle1love Yes bro, I restarted. I don't know anything about SW's, can i get a link please?

https://www.easeus.com/download/epmf-download.html

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
22-08-2017, 11:23 AM
(21-08-2017, 02:48 PM)maxxxiii
(21-08-2017, 01:32 PM)lakunle1love Yes bro, I restarted. I don't know anything about SW's, can i get a link please?

This is taking me to hovatek's facebook page Sir

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-08-2017, 01:36 PM

(22-08-2017, 11:23 AM)lakunle1love
(21-08-2017, 02:48 PM)maxxxiii

This is taking me to hovatek's facebook page Sir

You will be redirected to three different pages the last page contained the destination page. 
Click Here to Proceed>Proceed to destination Page>Destination Page
Pages (2): 1 2 Next