Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tutorial] How to unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6S Plus
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6S Plus

[Tutorial] How to unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6S Plus

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
08-12-2017, 06:20 PM

(08-12-2017, 11:00 AM)suhi02 Hi, I want to make device critical unlock as true. Can you please help me what commands I have to use. As I had said earlier my device is temporarily rooted . When I Googled online I found one forum where they said by pushing into system dir and pushing jar files with appropriate permission in appropriate dir google play store can be made to work. I thought after unlocking boot loader i may get access to system folder, but unfortunately no... Can you please help me how to unlock critical ? Because I think that is the one which is not allowing me to access system folder. I have few questions

1.After unlocking critical if do factory reset will it work or brick?
2.After unlocking critical can I still take OTA update ? Will it brick ? Or Do I need to again lock boot loader and take update?
3.In case if I get access and put some files in system folder and for any reason I do factory reset, Will I be able to boot up properly or will be stuck in boot loop ?
Thanks in advance

Bro, from what you've written, your primary goal is to get Gapps to work on your phone isn't it

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
09-12-2017, 04:59 AM
(08-12-2017, 06:20 PM)maxxxiii Bro, from what you've written, your primary goal is to get Gapps to work on your phone isn't it

Hi maxxi,
You are absolutely right. My main goal is to somehow install google play store. This phone is almost useless to me and I can't invest any more to buy new phone. I bought online later to be found it doesn't have play store as it is banned in China. I don't know how to open this phone as this has non removable battery if something goes wrong. I was able to root via kingroot but it says root will be lost on reboot and indeed it is lost on reboot. I thought it may be because of locked bootloader. Hence I want to unlock everything and root again so that I can access system folder . I have 2 other threads on play store and stock ROM. Can you please help me how to unlock critical . By doing that and if i again root will I get access to system folder ?Thanks
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
09-12-2017, 02:44 PM
(09-12-2017, 04:59 AM)suhi02
(08-12-2017, 06:20 PM)maxxxiii Bro, from what you've written, your primary goal is to get Gapps to work on your phone isn't it

Hi maxxi,
You are absolutely right. My main goal is to  somehow install google play store. This phone is almost useless to me and I can't invest any more to buy new phone. I bought online later to be found it doesn't have play store as it is banned in China. I don't know how to open this phone as this has non removable battery if something goes wrong. I was able to root via kingroot but it says root will be lost on reboot and indeed it is lost on reboot. I thought it may be because of locked bootloader. Hence I want to unlock everything and root again so that I can access system folder . I have 2 other threads on play store and stock ROM. Can you please help me how to unlock critical . By doing that and if i again root will I get access to system folder ?Thanks

You're taking unnecessary steps.
Your primary objective should be to flash a custom recovery to the phone then flash gapps in the custom recovery. With your temporary root, you should be able to flash a custom recovery with flashify or even with your unlocked bootloader.
Read https://www.hovatek.com/blog/your-androi...asy-steps/ before you brick your phone while manually modifying /system

suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
09-12-2017, 04:01 PM
(08-12-2017, 06:20 PM)maxxxiii You're taking unnecessary steps.
Your primary objective should be to flash a custom recovery to the phone then flash gapps in the custom recovery. With your temporary root, you should be able to flash a custom recovery with flashify or even with your unlocked bootloader.
Read https://www.hovatek.com/blog/your-androi...asy-steps/ before you brick your phone while manually modifying /system

Hi, On the other post I was said that I need custom recovery to be ported for this phone as it is not available. However it seems the team is busy with other work. The reason why I asked about unlocking critical is that ,it should not so happen because the file integrity check was changed because of custom recovery etc the phone must not get bricked Sad . Even with temporary root I can't access system folder. If I use flashify and if something wrong happens can you pls tell me steps to get back stock ROM ? In the other post I have taken backup of all dev blocks. Please advise
Thanks
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
09-12-2017, 07:08 PM

(09-12-2017, 04:01 PM)suhi02 Hi, On the other post I was said that I need custom recovery to be ported for this phone as it is not available. However it seems the team is busy with other work. The reason why I asked about unlocking critical is that ,it should not so happen because the file integrity check was changed because of custom recovery etc the phone must not get bricked Sad . Even with temporary root I can't access system folder. If I use flashify and if something wrong happens can you pls tell me steps to get back stock ROM ? In the other post I have taken backup of all dev blocks. Please advise
Thanks

If your phone gets bricked, how you'll fix will depend on its state at the time; if you can enter fastboot or have the full firmware.
Lets say you did unlock bootloader completely, what would then be your next line of action?

suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
09-12-2017, 07:28 PM
(09-12-2017, 07:08 PM)maxxxiii If your phone gets bricked, how you'll fix will depend on its state at the time; if you can enter fastboot or have the full firmware.
Lets say you did unlock bootloader completely, what would then be your next line of action?

Well I don't have official firmware. Only thing was that I was able to get all Dev blocks extracted when I had temporary root. I was just googling and saw few users got their mobile bricked when used flashify and said every chipset should have its own twrp. They were lucky because they had official firmware with them and somehow restored to original state. When I had got temporary root it didn't give system folder access as I wanted to install regional fonts too.(Tried copying TTF files) I have also seen in posts that google play store will not work if proper permissions are not given in etc folder etc. So my question was when I am not getting system folder access then how will I be able to flash zip file successfully ? That's why I suspected may be unlocking critical may give access to system folder and then flash gapps zip file or some one ports twrp for this model and roots it completely.
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
10-12-2017, 07:00 AM
(08-12-2017, 06:20 PM)maxxxiii You're taking unnecessary steps.
Hi maxii,
I installed flashify latest apk and I cannot see any cwm or twrp or philz when I click download . The whole screen is blank ,I guess no twrp available for this model ?Thanks
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
11-12-2017, 11:21 AM
(10-12-2017, 07:00 AM)suhi02 Hi maxii,
I installed flashify latest apk and I cannot see any cwm or twrp or philz when I click download . The whole screen is blank ,I guess no twrp available for this model ?Thanks

Getting gapps on your phone still boils down to getting a working custom recovery

Pages (2): Previous 1 2