Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno W3 just showing Tecno on screen and not booting anymore
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Tecno W3 just showing Tecno on screen and not booting anymore

[Please help] Tecno W3 just showing Tecno on screen and not booting anymore

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2017, 04:45 PM

(07-09-2017, 10:22 AM)itsgboy I never said it was A2 variant,  I just posted the stock rom I downloaded, well as regards the partitions that were ticked when prompted,  it was all that was ticked.
Thanks a bunch

its seeming more like a faulty emmc chip (seeing as you are using the correct firmware build i.e based on the info you provided)
since this device got bricked, have you been able to flash anything at all onto the device?

perform a read operation in miracle box (in scatter file format) using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html ,
if it completes successfully, then upload the scatter file from the backup and post the link here
itsgboy
itsgboy
itsgboy
Enthusiastic Member
07-09-2017, 08:17 PM
(07-09-2017, 04:45 PM)X3non
(07-09-2017, 10:22 AM)itsgboy I never said it was A2 variant,  I just posted the stock rom I downloaded, well as regards the partitions that were ticked when prompted,  it was all that was ticked.
Thanks a bunch

its seeming more like a faulty emmc chip (seeing as you are using the correct firmware build i.e based on the info you provided)
since this device got bricked, have you been able to flash anything at all onto the device?

perform a read operation in miracle box (in scatter file format) using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html ,
if it completes successfully, then upload the scatter file from the backup and post the link here

Thanks for your response, I started performing the read operation and it has done up to urserdata before the battery of the phone went flat, it was already 3.82gb downloaded already, I wish to redo it again but how do I upload it, what platform can I use to upload it in other for me to send the link.

Sir if am able to perform the read operation successfully does it mean my emmc is in good hands.

Lastly if it happens that is my emmc that is bad, how do I rectify it.

Thanks one more time and you guys should keep up the good work.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-09-2017, 10:17 AM
(07-09-2017, 08:17 PM)itsgboy Thanks for your response, I started performing the read operation and it has done up to urserdata before the battery of the phone went flat, it was already 3.82gb downloaded already, I wish to redo it again but how do I upload it, what platform can I use to upload it in other for me to send the link.

Sir if am able to perform the read operation successfully does it mean my emmc is in good hands.

1. You're expected to backup in scatter format. We need just the scatter file, not the full dump. the scatter file is just a few kilobytes so you can attach here or upload anywhere online and post the link here
2. A successful read doesn't necessarily mean your emmc is fine. In some cases of emmc problems, you'll be able to read / backup / wipe / format but unable to write
3. if the emmc chip is bad, you'll likely have to get it replaced

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
itsgboy
itsgboy
itsgboy
Enthusiastic Member
08-09-2017, 12:50 PM
(08-09-2017, 10:17 AM)hovatek
(07-09-2017, 08:17 PM)itsgboy Thanks for your response, I started performing the read operation and it has done up to urserdata before the battery of the phone went flat, it was already 3.82gb downloaded already, I wish to redo it again but how do I upload it, what platform can I use to upload it in other for me to send the link.

1. You're expected to backup in scatter format. We need just the scatter file, not the full dump. the scatter file is just a  few kilobytes so you can attach here or upload anywhere online and post the link here
2. A successful read doesn't necessarily mean your emmc is fine. In some cases of emmc problems, you'll be able to read / backup / wipe / format  but unable to write
3. if the emmc chip is bad, you'll likely have to get it replaced

Good day sir,
1.   I read your post,  am still having NEPA issues so am still to able to do the read stuff in other for me to upload the scatter file,  once I get it done I will upload it.

2. Am in a town where there are just pety engineers on phone repair so I wish to know how d emmc look like and how do I get another emmc chip if the need arises to change mine.

3. I just noticed that the phone is completely dead since the battery drained last night,  I have been charging the battery since last night with a desktop charger but uptill this moment I fixed the battery back and there is no sign of life,  what will I do again. Please I will appreciate your quick response as regards how to make the phone even have light again.

Thanks a bunch,  you guys are the best.
This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 02:41 PM by itsgboy.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-09-2017, 03:08 PM

(08-09-2017, 12:50 PM)itsgboy Good day sir,
1.   I read your post,  am still having NEPA issues so am still to able to do the read stuff in other for me to upload the scatter file,  once I get it done I will upload it.

reinsert the battery into the phone and charge using a normal wall socket charger for a while
also try connecting to a PC and check if you hear the connection sound

if it comes down to emmc replacement, you best hand the device over to an experienced phone technician to replace the chip for you
itsgboy
itsgboy
itsgboy
Enthusiastic Member
08-09-2017, 04:34 PM
(08-09-2017, 03:08 PM)X3non
(08-09-2017, 12:50 PM)itsgboy Good day sir,

reinsert the battery into the phone and charge using a normal wall socket charger for a while
also try connecting to a PC and check if you hear the connection sound

if it comes down to emmc replacement, you best hand the device over to an experienced phone technician to replace the chip for you

The phone has come up so am presently performing the read stuff, can I get an image of how the emmc chip looks like so that I can show a couple of technicians hear and ask if they can replace it and also please if I need to buy the chip,  how much is it and how can I get it. Am not in a big town so there are no good technicians here. I must confess am part of the people who are just helping out to fix people's phones if they have issues here and now I can't fix mine ooooo.

Good evening, i have finally finished the reading and am attaching the scatter file here, hope i will get a favourable response to fix my phone soon, am just fed up.

Thanks a million for your responses
This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 06:35 PM by itsgboy.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6580_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 8.57 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-09-2017, 07:12 PM
(08-09-2017, 04:34 PM)itsgboy The phone has come up so am presently performing the read stuff, can I get an image of how the emmc chip looks like so that I can show a couple of technicians hear and ask if they can replace it and also please if I need to buy the chip,  how much is it and how can I get it. Am not in a big town so there are no good technicians here. I must confess am part of the people who are just helping out to fix people's phones if they have issues here and now I can't fix mine ooooo.

Thanks a million for your responses

Standing by for the scatter file.
It'll usually look something like in the attached image
I strongly advise you take it to an experienced hardware technician
Attached Files
.jpg
ScreenHunter_226 Sep. 08 19.06.jpg
Size: 134.79 KB / Downloads: 10

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2