Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs hdd inaccessible on win7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

hdd inaccessible on win7

hdd inaccessible on win7

jdfm1
jdfm1
jdfm1
07-09-2017, 03:24 PM

hello boss i have a 1tb hdd i was using on my laptop with win10 os. i removed it and got another im currently using on the laptop 300gb with win7 and have been using the 1tb as external. lately i inserted into the laptop due to something i needed to do but in the course, the ba3 ran down and ever since when i try to use it as external i get an error access denid drive inaccessible. i have tried chkdsk cmd but still not fixing it. help biko
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
07-09-2017, 06:23 PM
(07-09-2017, 03:24 PM)jdfm1 hello boss i have a 1tb hdd i was using on my laptop with win10 os. i removed it and got another im currently using on the laptop 300gb with win7 and have been using the 1tb as external. lately i inserted into the laptop due to something i needed to do but in the course, the ba3 ran down and ever since when i try to use it as external i get an error access denid drive inaccessible. i have tried chkdsk cmd but still not fixing it. help biko

Under Disk Management, check if the HDD is detected and if you have any repair options there.
If you can put it back into your laptop as primary HDD then do so and try installing Windows on it (using a Windows CD or bootable USB)

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum
jdfm1
jdfm1
jdfm1
08-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Alright boss will try out. About the reinstallation, should it be same win10 or any win os and will it delete my stored files and folders?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-09-2017, 12:03 PM
(08-09-2017, 11:22 AM)jdfm1 Alright boss will try out. About the reinstallation, should it be same win10 or any win os and will it delete my stored files and folders?

I don't think you will be able to restore your files because the HDD almost crashes for now, but try installing the windows without formatting the HDD (that's if it allow you to), but if didn't allow you, just format the HDD before installing.