Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How To Backup Stock Rom For Tecno Camon CX
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How To Backup Stock Rom For Tecno Camon CX

How To Backup Stock Rom For Tecno Camon CX

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
09-09-2017, 03:08 PM

I want to root my phone but the first time I did that, when there was OTA I was forced to reflash stock rom and start updating from very first update. This time I want to do dump of the current version so that when I there is an update I can just flash and be one step away.

The problem is that the latest Droid tools can not make a scatter file for my phone so I can use SP Tool to do the back up. It says it can not detect my phone architecture. So SP Way fail.

I downloaded miracle box 2.27 with loader. This too can not back up my phone.

Assist me how should I do this, where am I getting it wrong? What tool can I use and where can I get it and how can I use it? (I don't know have the box so the to should have the loader element so I can use it without additional hardware)

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek Forum
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-09-2017, 03:53 PM
(09-09-2017, 03:08 PM)dalid.daud ...
Assist me how should I do this, where am I getting it wrong? What tool can I use and where can I get it and how can I use it? (I don't know have the box so the to should have the loader element so I can use it without additional hardware)

at this time, only a tool with hardware dongle can get you the full stock rom dump you need.

alternatives are
* store the stock rom of your device in a safe place, you can flash the stock rom then simply upgrade from there (this way, you don't need to always download the stock rom when you want to revert back to stock)
* download cx scatter file, readback boot, recovery and system.img one after the other from your already updated device. this way you can flash those three partitions back when you need to (NOTE that this has not been tested but should work)
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
09-09-2017, 05:14 PM

at this time, only a tool with hardware dongle can get you the full stock rom dump you need.

alternatives are
* store the stock rom of your device in a safe place, you can flash the stock rom then simply upgrade from there (this way, you don't need to always download the stock rom when you want to revert back to stock)
* download cx scatter file, readback boot, recovery and system.img one after the other from your already updated device. this way you can flash those three partitions back when you need to (NOTE that this has not been tested but should work)
[/quote]
Ok let me try this. I have the stock rom I downloaded sometime back, I from where I can get the scatter file. I will feedback!

dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
10-09-2017, 04:01 AM

alternatives are
[/quote]
It didn't work. It never gave me the option to choose any of those files to readback. There was only EMMC _USER, EMMC_BOOT_1 and BOOT_2.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2017, 11:22 AM

(10-09-2017, 04:01 AM)dalid.daud It didn't work. It never gave me the option to choose any of those files to readback. There was only EMMC _USER, EMMC_BOOT_1 and BOOT_2.

Follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
10-09-2017, 05:08 PM
(10-09-2017, 11:22 AM)hovatek
(10-09-2017, 04:01 AM)dalid.daud It didn't work. It never gave me the option to choose any of those files to readback. There was only EMMC _USER, EMMC_BOOT_1 and BOOT_2.

Ok will try!

dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
11-09-2017, 11:13 AM
(10-09-2017, 11:22 AM)hovatek

I have tried but it is giving me error [Image: 4e722220ba996febe9a2b79b17f38762.jpg]

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-09-2017, 01:46 PM
(11-09-2017, 11:13 AM)dalid.daud I have tried but it is giving me error

exit spft
open your spft folder
locate and edit the option.ini file
scroll down to the readback section
change the value "ShowByScatter=false" to "ShowByScatter=true"
launch spft
select scatter file
then head over to the readback tab
tick the checkbox beside the three partitions, select readback > then connect your phone to the pc while powered off
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
11-09-2017, 04:54 PM
(11-09-2017, 11:13 AM)dalid.daud I have tried but it is giving me error

exit spft
open your spft folder
locate and edit the option.ini file
scroll down to the readback section
change the value "ShowByScatter=false" to "ShowByScatter=true"
launch spft
select scatter file
then head over to the readback tab
tick the checkbox beside the three partitions, select readback > then connect your phone to the pc while powered off
[/quote]
Did, now stops at 25% with same error
[Image: 2f39092725a361656c89cc3f22d9c3e1.jpg]

This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 05:03 PM by dalid.daud. Edit Reason: To include picture
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-09-2017, 03:30 PM

(11-09-2017, 04:54 PM)dalid.daud Did, now stops at 25% with same error

retry the readback back again, this time tick one partition at a time
also ensure you are using latest spft version
Pages (2): 1 2 Next