Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help on rom porting

Am porting a cyanogenmod to my tecno n9. So far it boots, but screen goes dark after a minute, and it cannot be turned back. I need help

(03-22-2015, 11:29 PM)Jaephoenix Wrote: Am porting a cyanogenmod to my tecno n9. So far it boots, but screen goes dark after a minute, and it cannot be turned back. I need help

you would want to look in your system/apps folder and revert as many as possible to stock. this sign is related to lagging and porting. also, replace some items in the system/frameworks folder
BTW, what porting technique did you use? 
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(03-23-2015, 02:36 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 11:29 PM)Jaephoenix Wrote: Am porting a cyanogenmod to my tecno n9. So far it boots, but screen goes dark after a minute, and it cannot be turned back. I need help

you would want to look in your system/apps folder and revert as many as possible to stock. this sign is related to lagging and porting. also, replace some items in the system/frameworks folder
BTW, what porting technique did you use? 

I didn't use android kitchen. It's unreliable, for me . I used a Windows app called mtkbootimg to swap kernels. Then patched my /system manually 
(03-23-2015, 10:50 AM)Jaephoenix Wrote: I didn't use android kitchen. It's unreliable, for me . I used a Windows app called mtkbootimg to swap kernels. Then patched my /system manually 

are the apps in system/apps from base or port?
(03-23-2015, 12:32 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(03-23-2015, 10:50 AM)Jaephoenix Wrote: I didn't use android kitchen. It's unreliable, for me . I used a Windows app called mtkbootimg to swap kernels. Then patched my /system manually 

are the apps in system/apps from base or port?

All from Port rom

(03-23-2015, 01:40 PM)Jaephoenix Wrote: All from Port rom

switch all to base and see what happens
Got a nice bootloop
(03-26-2015, 01:39 AM)Jaephoenix Wrote: Got a nice bootloop

kk. means the ROM isnt back compatible all the way. so the only issue is the screen going dark right? 
Yes. It just goes dark, then finally reboots
Here is the logcat https://www.dropbox.com/sh/objrf004es4zp..._gHga?dl=0
Sorry, here's the link