Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Not able to root Vivo Y15s after installing TWRP!!!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Not able to root Vivo Y15s after installing TWRP!!!

Not able to root Vivo Y15s after installing TWRP!!!

Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7
Potatofy
Potatofy
Potatofy
Techie Member
11-11-2017, 04:16 PM

Any update for rooting this Android?

Sent from my vivo Y15S using Hovatek Forum
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-11-2017, 11:05 AM
(10-10-2017, 03:29 PM)Potatofy I understand

Create a flashable zip using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20497.html
At the Tweaking / Optimizing the rom stage of the tutorial, Add root before repacking then flash the rom

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Potatofy
Potatofy
Potatofy
Techie Member
27-11-2017, 03:38 PM
(13-11-2017, 11:05 AM)hovatek
(10-10-2017, 03:29 PM)Potatofy I understand

Create a flashable zip using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20497.html
At the Tweaking / Optimizing the rom stage of the tutorial, Add root before repacking then flash the rom

Ok once again I tried making rom from assayad's kitchen I was successful but while flashing from twrp got error can't mount /system . So then I flashed from sp flash tool.Yes I was able to flash a rom which was specially edited by your tool but nothing seemed to happen everything was normal and I was not getting root from super su or magisk or kingroot instead my phone lagged and crashed so I had to restore it to previous version.

Recently I have come to know that funtouch os on which vivo runs is a copy of ios that is why it has no support from developers . Still any help will be appreciated. Thank you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-11-2017, 07:50 PM
(27-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Potatofy Ok once again I tried making rom from assayad's kitchen I was successful but while flashing from twrp got error can't mount /system . So then I flashed from sp flash tool.Yes I was able to flash a rom which was specially edited by your tool but nothing seemed to happen everything was normal and I was not getting root from super su or magisk or kingroot instead my phone lagged and crashed so I had to restore it to previous version.

Recently I have come to know that funtouch os on which vivo runs is a copy of ios that is why it has no support from developers . Still any help will be appreciated. Thank you

When repacking using Assayed, did you pack as system.img and then extract the system.img and boot.img from the flashable zip and try flashing using Sp flash tool?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Potatofy
Potatofy
Potatofy
Techie Member
28-11-2017, 06:57 AM

(27-11-2017, 07:50 PM)hovatek
(27-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Potatofy Ok once again I tried making rom from assayad's kitchen I was successful but while flashing from twrp got error can't mount /system . So then I flashed from sp flash tool.Yes I was able to flash a rom which was specially edited by your tool but nothing seemed to happen everything was normal and I was not getting root from super su or magisk or kingroot instead my phone lagged and crashed so I had to restore it to previous version.

When repacking using Assayed, did you pack as system.img and then  extract the system.img and boot.img from the flashable zip and try flashing using Sp flash tool?

Yes sir I extracted and then flashed through sp flash tool. Did I do something wrong?

One more thing I want tell sir while cooking rom in assayade's kitchen when I tried patching selinux policy I failed because it required a device running on kitkat is this the root of entire problem of no root ? If yes how can we patch that policy
This post was last modified: 28-11-2017, 07:06 AM by Potatofy.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2017, 10:44 AM
(28-11-2017, 06:57 AM)Potatofy Yes sir I extracted and then flashed through sp flash tool. Did I do something wrong?

One more thing I want tell sir while cooking rom in assayade's kitchen when I tried patching selinux policy I failed because it required a device running on kitkat is this the root of entire problem of no root ? If yes how can we patch that policy

I'll need to run a background check on your device

Note!
Potatofy
Potatofy
Potatofy
Techie Member
28-11-2017, 11:08 AM
(28-11-2017, 10:44 AM)hovatek
(28-11-2017, 06:57 AM)Potatofy Yes sir I extracted and then flashed through sp flash tool. Did I do something wrong?

I'll need to run a background check on your device

ok thanks again for support while you run your check Please tell if I need to provide to provide anything?
This post was last modified: 28-11-2017, 07:35 PM by Potatofy.
Potatofy
Potatofy
Potatofy
Techie Member
29-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Any update in this context?
This post was last modified: 29-11-2017, 03:35 PM by Potatofy.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2017, 09:42 PM
(29-11-2017, 03:35 PM)Potatofy Any update in this context?

No.
The biggest challenge i such a case is replicating the issue. We don't have the device

Note!
Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7