Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows System Restore and Data Recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

System Restore and Data Recovery

System Restore and Data Recovery

labule
labule
labule
02-10-2017, 11:06 AM

My PC was misbehaving lately and couldn't start with issues of Bluescreen and others making it restart by itself.

I did system restore but unfortunately the system went back to Windows 8 from Windows 10 and my hard disk drive was wiped clean. Please I have over 400gb of files there... I am dying at the moment as I need to recover these lifetime files.

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Pro using Hovatek mobile
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
02-10-2017, 12:00 PM
(02-10-2017, 11:06 AM)labule My PC was misbehaving lately and couldn't start with issues of Bluescreen and others making it restart by itself.

I did system restore but unfortunately the system went back to Windows 8 from Windows 10 and my hard disk drive was wiped clean. Please I ....

Try Recuva software. see http://filehippo.com/download_recuva/
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-10-2017, 10:31 AM
(02-10-2017, 11:06 AM)labule My PC was misbehaving lately and couldn't start with issues of Bluescreen and others making it restart by itself.

I did system restore but unfortunately the system went back to Windows 8 from Windows 10 and my hard disk drive was wiped clean. Please I have over 400gb of files there... I am dying at the moment as I need to recover these lifetime files.

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Pro using Hovatek mobile

What you did was a system restore to factory state (F11) not a system restore (time stamp).
You'll definitely need a data recovery tool.
What are the file formats you're trying to recover?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.