Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno W3 is Dead and I've Tried Everything
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Tecno W3 is Dead and I've Tried Everything

[Please help] Tecno W3 is Dead and I've Tried Everything

Yung Prof
Yung Prof
Yung Prof
07-10-2017, 06:12 PM

This message is quite lenghty cos it is very detailed. Please read through and help me.

Gosh! I'm tired and I'm exhausted of ideas. My bro brought home his dead Tecno W3. I quickly hooked it up to my PC to see if it triggers the usual Windows "device connected" sound. I heard it and concluded the phone is still very much alive. Surprisingly it came up and showed the Tecno logo but also started flashing different lines and squares and got stock at the boot screen. I pulled out the battery and try to put it on again to no avail. I then (help down volume up + power) to try to boot into recovery, it showed the TWRP "Team Win" logo and also got stuck there. Since then the screen hasn't displayed anything but it still triggers a "connection" sound whenver i hook it up to the PC.

Since i couldn't boot into recovery to clear cache or factory wipe and no one else uses the same phone in our house, i decided to download Tecno W3's stock ROM. I got one from needrom.com (TECNO W3-H806-A1-M-HiOS-20160612.7z); it looks like the very first stock rom for W3s.I extracted the 7z file and loaded to scatter with SP flash tool only to get a "S_DL_LOAD_REGION_IS_OVERLAP please check partition size" error. I had to manually input the directory of each image; boot, recovery, secro, lk etc and then tried to flash; click download and connect phone but it popped out another error, something like "BROM ERROR: Obtain DRAM failed. Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded"

I thought maybe the ROM is corrupted cos i saw a "9jarom.net.txt" file in it. The dude that uploaded the file to needrom may have tampered with it.

So, I found "Tecno W3 Stock ROMS and Component Files" on Hovatek's forum. I downloaded the first one "
Tecno W3 (W3-H806-A1-M-HiOS-20160612) [Miracle Box]" only to find out it's exactly the same as the one I downloaded earlier from needrom and it also showed the same errors when I try to flash. I was confused cos the Hovatek tutorial on Youtube shows Miracle Dump ROMS to be in .bin format but this one isn't. Rather it's in 7z. I tried several things like loading the scatter in miracle box, loading each .bin file (shows error "the file is BAD. Be NOT writed to the phone"). It doesn't even detect the phone at all, stops at >>waiting for USB port

SP Flash Tool didn't help either. When I clicked help after it displayed the "Enable DRAM Failed! Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded" error, it showed " Please check your images to make sure it matches with your phone and download again".

Since there are several variants of Tecno W3 stock ROMs, i moved on to the other ones but I can't afford to download each Full stock ROM so I downloaded and attempted to flash the component files of each of ALL those ROMs until to end up with the same errors. The non-miracle box variants DO NOT display the "S_DL_LOAD_REGION_IS_OVERLAP please check partition size" error in SP flash tool but all miracle box variants DO. Miracle box loader itself is useless in this case since I don't have a complete stock rom in .bin format.

All the ROMs on Hovatek's forum: 
[Download] Tecno W3 Stock ROM / Firmware and Component Files
returned the same error: Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded" suggesting that the images do not match my phone.

I've also tried things like
* Deleting SP Flash tool folder and re extracting
* Deleting all MediaTek, VCOM and Preloader drivers with USBDeview and initiating a fresh install of the drivers
* Trying to flash the stock preloader.bin and even NVRAM

Now, the phone is dead, power button does nothing, I can't boot into recovery, I can't activate adb. All I have is that "connected" sound when I hook it up to my PC and then the occassional "refresh flashes" in Device Manager.

N.B: SP Flash tool detects the phone, it shows the red Download DA bar to 100%, displays the COM Port of the connected device and ***kb/s before showing the errors.

PLEASE HELP ME! ... WHAT DO I DO?!
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
08-10-2017, 10:59 AM
(07-10-2017, 06:12 PM)Yung Prof This message is quite lenghty cos it is very detailed. Please read through and help me.

Gosh! I'm tired and I'm exhausted of ideas. My bro brought home his dead Tecno W3. I quickly hooked it up to my PC to see if it triggers the usual Windows "device connected" sound. I heard it and concluded the phone is still very much alive. Surprisingly it came up and showed the Tecno logo but also started flashing different lines and squares and got stock at the boot screen. I pulled out the battery and try to put it on again to no avail. I then (help down volume up + power) to try to boot into recovery, it showed the TWRP "Team Win" logo and also got stuck there. Since then the screen hasn't displayed anything but it still triggers a "connection" sound whenver i hook it up to the PC.

Since i couldn't boot into recovery to clear cache or factory wipe and no one else uses the same phone in our house, i decided to download Tecno W3's stock ROM. I got one from needrom.com (TECNO W3-H806-A1-M-HiOS-20160612.7z); it looks like the very first stock rom for W3s.I extracted the 7z file and loaded to scatter with SP flash tool only to get a "S_DL_LOAD_REGION_IS_OVERLAP please check partition size" error. I had to manually input the directory of each image; boot, recovery, secro, lk etc and then tried to flash; click download and connect phone but it popped out another error, something like "BROM ERROR: Obtain DRAM failed. Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded"

I thought maybe the ROM is corrupted cos i saw a "9jarom.net.txt" file in it. The dude that uploaded the file to needrom may have tampered with it.

So, I found "Tecno W3 Stock ROMS and Component Files" on Hovatek's forum. I downloaded the first one "
Tecno W3 (W3-H806-A1-M-HiOS-20160612) [Miracle Box]" only to find out it's exactly the same as the one I downloaded earlier from needrom and it also showed the same errors when I try to flash. I was confused cos the Hovatek tutorial on Youtube shows Miracle Dump ROMS to be in .bin format but this one isn't. Rather it's in 7z. I tried several things like loading the scatter in miracle box, loading each .bin file (shows error "the file is BAD. Be NOT writed to the phone"). It doesn't even detect the phone at all, stops at >>waiting for USB port

SP Flash Tool didn't help either. When I clicked help after it displayed the "Enable DRAM Failed! Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded" error, it showed " Please check your images to make sure it matches with your phone and download again".

Since there are several variants of Tecno W3 stock ROMs, i moved on to the other ones but I can't afford to download each Full stock ROM so I downloaded and attempted to flash the component files of each of ALL those ROMs until to end up with the same errors. The non-miracle box variants DO NOT display the "S_DL_LOAD_REGION_IS_OVERLAP please check partition size" error in SP flash tool but all miracle box variants DO. Miracle box loader itself is useless in this case since I don't have a complete stock rom in .bin format.

returned the same error: Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded" suggesting that the images do not match my phone.

* Deleting all MediaTek, VCOM and Preloader drivers with USBDeview and initiating a fresh install of the drivers

Now, the phone is dead, power button does nothing, I can't boot into recovery, I can't activate adb. All I have is that "connected" sound when I hook it up to my PC and then the occassional "refresh flashes" in Device Manager.

N.B: SP Flash tool detects the phone, it shows the red Download DA bar to 100%, displays the COM Port of the connected device and ***kb/s before showing the errors.

Please send us your build number by going to recovery and you will see the build number over there and send to us for we to get you the exact rom for your device...

Thank you
Yung Prof
Yung Prof
Yung Prof
08-10-2017, 06:51 PM
(08-10-2017, 10:59 AM)ALBA
(07-10-2017, 06:12 PM)Yung Prof This message is quite lenghty cos it is very detailed. Please read through and help me.

Please send us your build number by going to recovery and you will see the build number over there and send to us for we to get you the exact rom for your device...

Thank you

I can't boot into recovery at all
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-10-2017, 03:49 PM
(08-10-2017, 06:51 PM)Yung Prof I can't boot into recovery at all

very lengthy message you posted
i'm not sure i read it all, but from the little i read i can see you seem to be getting a lot of things wrong.

first, miracle box dumps are to be flash using the miracle box guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html (if you attempt flashing using SPft, you'll definitely get errors)

second, when flashing using miracle box, you are to select the scatter file, selecting any random file e.g preloader.bin throws out the error "bad file". Also ensure to follow the miracle box flashing guide properly and watch the video tutorial

third and i should say most importantly, you should try to get the build number of the device before attempting to flash anything.
follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html to get the build number from the device (you can use method 3 or 4 recovery mode method wont work seeing as TWRP has been flashed onto the phone already)
and just to be on a safer side, also dump the current firmware in scatter file format using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
damiflex
damiflex
damiflex
Techie Member
11-10-2017, 07:34 AM

Hmm.. You can follow the instructions from @X3non, you really need the build number.
You see people make lot of mistakes. When you see a device with multiple variant "build number" be cautious. Only sp flash tool can revive it from my own POV. if you can't get the build number, it means you "MUST" download all Tecno W3 stock rom that is flaahable with SPFLASHTOOL.
nyachoti
nyachoti
nyachoti
24-05-2020, 03:24 PM
kindly which da file can i use to flash tecno w3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-05-2020, 02:52 PM
(24-05-2020, 03:24 PM)nyachoti kindly which da file can i use to flash tecno w3

tecno w3 isn't a secure boot device so use the default DA