Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Can't store files larger than 4.5gb to internal storage
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Can't store files larger than 4.5gb to internal storage

Can't store files larger than 4.5gb to internal storage

Roberto
Roberto
Roberto
Experienced Member
10-10-2017, 10:10 PM

Good evening everyone!
I have a mediatek tablet pc running android 4.4.2.
The problem of this tablet is that it has an internal storage of 28.6gb but can only store a maximum of 4.3gb files and the remaining space is useless.
If i use any file manager to copy files from my external sd card to it, i will get... "Sorry operation failed" message and also, if i use a pc to perform the same operation, i will get... "An unexpected error is preventing you from copying this files" and sometimes.... "the file is too large for the device's file system".
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-10-2017, 10:00 AM
(10-10-2017, 10:10 PM)Roberto Good evening everyone!
I have a mediatek tablet pc running android 4.4.2.
The problem of this tablet is that it has an internal storage of 28.6gb but can only store a maximum of 4.3gb files and the remaining space is useless.
If i use any file manager to copy files from my external sd card to it,  i will get... "Sorry operation failed" message and also,  if i use a pc to perform the same operation, i will get... "An unexpected error is preventing you from copying this files" and sometimes.... "the file is too large for the device's file system".
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?

Refer to the EBR tweak @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-718.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Roberto
Roberto
Roberto
Experienced Member
11-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Thanks a lot for your concern!
But before i kick start the operation, i need to know few things....
The 'Ebr1' & 'Ebr2' do they represent application storage & internal storage(for user files) respectively? which one is mainly for internal storage because my internal storage is 28.6gb but i can't use more than 4.5gb to store files.
Finally, can't i specify values higher than 6gb for it?.
PLEASE HELP.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-10-2017, 10:31 AM
(11-10-2017, 02:41 PM)Roberto Thanks a lot for your concern!
But before i kick start the operation, i need to know few things....
The 'Ebr1' & 'Ebr2' do they represent application storage & internal storage(for user files) respectively? which one is mainly for internal storage because my internal storage is 28.6gb but i can't use more than 4.5gb to store files.
Finally, can't i specify values higher than 6gb for it?.
PLEASE HELP.

EBR1 doesn''t map application storage alone (Userdata), it could also contain sector information about system and cache. EBR 2 contains sector information about the internal SD card.
What the EBR tweak does is to reduce the size (allocation) of the internal sd and add to the app storage (userdata).
You can set above 4GB but it tends to get more unstable the higher you go

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Roberto
Roberto
Roberto
Experienced Member
13-10-2017, 07:09 AM

I successfully backed up the tablet with MTK Droid Tools and i edited the EBR files successfully.
Now the problem is that SP flash tool is unable to detect the tablet. I loaded the Scatter file and ticked EBR1 and EBR2 but when i click the Download button, the stop button will be active but no progress showing that it's downloading the files.
Is it because the battery of the tab is inbuilt?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2017, 12:01 PM
(13-10-2017, 07:09 AM)Roberto I successfully backed up the tablet with MTK Droid Tools and i edited the EBR files successfully.
Now the problem is that SP flash tool is unable to detect the tablet. I loaded the Scatter file and ticked EBR1 and EBR2 but when i click the Download button, the stop button will be active but no progress showing that it's downloading the files.
Is it because the battery of the tab is inbuilt?

Hope you installed VCOM drivers as the guide instructed

Note!