Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno G9 Storage issues.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno G9 Storage issues.

[Please help] Tecno G9 Storage issues.

Tracie
Tracie
Tracie
Enthusiastic Member
12-10-2017, 10:57 AM

Hello, I have been using my techno g9 tablet without memory storage. There is a constant notification saying 'USB storage is damaged. Try reformatting it.' When I insert the SD card I have been using on my other device, it says 'SD card safe to remove' and doesn't display any files at all. When I have the SD card in and connect to my PC with a USB, my PC sees the files on SD card.

Please help, I can't download anything, can't use a lot of apps and am greatly inconvenienced. Even though the device has a 1GB internal storage, no media stores on this, just apps. Camera doesn't even work. Multiple SD cards have been inserted, including a brand new one and a formatted one. 
Help, thank you.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-10-2017, 02:54 PM
(12-10-2017, 10:57 AM)Tracie Hello, I have been using my techno g9 tablet without memory storage. There is a constant notification saying 'USB storage is damaged. Try reformatting it.' When I insert the SD card I have been using on my other device, it says 'SD card safe to remove' and doesn't display any files at all. When I have the SD card in and connect to my PC with a USB, my PC sees the files on SD card.

Try restoring the phone to factory settings with the SD Card inserted.
Tracie
Tracie
Tracie
Enthusiastic Member
12-10-2017, 03:53 PM
(12-10-2017, 02:54 PM)innagee
(12-10-2017, 10:57 AM)Tracie Hello, I have been using my techno g9 tablet without memory storage. There is a constant notification saying 'USB storage is damaged. Try reformatting it.' When I insert the SD card I have been using on my other device, it says 'SD card safe to remove' and doesn't display any files at all. When I have the SD card in and connect to my PC with a USB, my PC sees the files on SD card.

Try restoring the phone to factory settings with the SD Card inserted.

I have done this with a new SD card. I don't want to risk it with my current SD card though. If I do this, would it wipe my SD card? I should add that formatting with a new SD card had absolutely no effect on the device.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-10-2017, 05:48 PM
(12-10-2017, 03:53 PM)Tracie I have done this with a new SD card. I don't want to risk it with my current SD card though. If I do this, would it wipe my SD card? I should add that formatting with a new SD card had absolutely no effect on the device.

try this
* connect your phone to a PC as mass storage, then from your phone select  disconnect from PC OR eject the drive from the PC
* format the SD card directly from your phone in settings

hold on, if i understand you correctly, you mean after successfully factory resetting the device, the device didnt prompt for initial setup?
all your messages and settings were still intact like nothing happened?
Tracie
Tracie
Tracie
Enthusiastic Member
12-10-2017, 06:50 PM

(12-10-2017, 05:48 PM)X3non
(12-10-2017, 03:53 PM)Tracie I have done this with a new SD card. I don't want to risk it with my current SD card though. If I do this, would it wipe my SD card? I should add that formatting with a new SD card had absolutely no effect on the device.

try this
* connect your phone to a PC as mass storage, then from your phone select  disconnect from PC OR eject the drive from the PC
* format the SD card directly from your phone in settings

hold on, if i understand you correctly, you mean after successfully factory resetting the device, the device didnt prompt for initial setup?
all your messages and settings were still intact like nothing happened?
I factory reset the device with a brand new SD card. It was empty and the device was also fairly empty when I performed this. Settings and linked email were lost, yes.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2017, 10:57 AM

Please help, I can't download anything, can't use a lot of apps and am greatly inconvenienced. Even though the device has a 1GB internal storage, no media stores on this, just apps. Camera doesn't even work. Multiple SD cards have been inserted, including a brand new one and a formatted one. 
Help, thank you.

You need to reflash the stock rom. That often fixes this issue on the Tecno G9.
Download the full stock rom @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19347.html
lets know once done

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.