Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] How to root Homtom Zoji Z6
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] How to root Homtom Zoji Z6

[Please help] How to root Homtom Zoji Z6

Asterius
Asterius
Asterius
16-10-2017, 09:08 PM

Hi, I want to root my Homtom Zoji Z6 (MT6580 - Android 6.0) . I managed to unlock bootloader with help of this forum, then I follow instructions to run MTK Droid Tools, I connected device successfully but received ;

--->>> Connect to device <<<---

--- ERROR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
 --- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible! 
ATTENTION!  File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!   

Too many warnings and I deter doing anything. 
  • I just need root not custom recovery 
  • Is this OK to continue just pressing ROOT on MTK Tools with out proceeding the rest of tutorial?
Thanks for all help,
This post was last modified: 25-10-2017, 01:14 PM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-10-2017, 01:10 PM
(16-10-2017, 09:08 PM)Asterius Hi, I want to root my Homtom Zoji Z6 (MT6580 - Android 6.0) . I managed to unlock bootloader with help of this forum, then I follow instructions to run MTK Droid Tools, I connected device successfully but received ;

--- ERROR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
ATTENTION!  File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!   

• Is this OK to continue just pressing ROOT on MTK Tools with out proceeding the rest of tutorial?
Thanks for all help,

MTK Droid Tools won't work for that chipset and Android version
Dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html and upload the scatter file and recovery.bin
Also, state the phone's Build Number

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Asterius
Asterius
Asterius
22-10-2017, 08:19 AM
(17-10-2017, 01:10 PM)hovatek
(16-10-2017, 09:08 PM)Asterius Hi, I want to root my Homtom Zoji Z6 (MT6580 - Android 6.0) . I managed to unlock bootloader with help of this forum, then I follow instructions to run MTK Droid Tools, I connected device successfully but received ;

Thanks for all help,

Dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ and upload the scatter file and recovery.bin

After numerous trial and error , I almost decided to give-up  Confused  In the link factory recovery&scatter file can be found >>>Xttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2-w2KbX27LtMjFHM013cFBPRlU?usp=sharing<<<<  Due the limitations of file uploading I placed them here. (Notice the X Smile 
Thanks from advance
This post was last modified: 22-10-2017, 08:25 AM by Asterius. Edit Reason: typo
Asterius
Asterius
Asterius
22-10-2017, 07:28 PM
(22-10-2017, 08:19 AM)Asterius
(17-10-2017, 01:10 PM)hovatek

Thanks for all help,

Dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ and upload the scatter file and recovery.bin

After numerous trial and error , I almost decided to give-up  Confused  In the link factory recovery&scatter file can be found >>>Xttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2-w2KbX27LtMjFHM013cFBPRlU?usp=sharing<<<<  Due the limitations of file uploading I placed them here. (Notice the X Smile 
Thanks from advance

Successfully rooted Zoji Z6 , I have ported TWRP aslo instructions you can ask for itSmile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-10-2017, 02:56 PM

(22-10-2017, 07:28 PM)Asterius Successfully rooted Zoji Z6 , I have ported TWRP aslo instructions you can ask for itSmile

would be nice if you post how to achieve root and tools used so others with the same device can benefit too.
Asterius
Asterius
Asterius
24-10-2017, 06:16 PM
(23-10-2017, 02:56 PM)X3non
(22-10-2017, 07:28 PM)Asterius Successfully rooted Zoji Z6 , I have ported TWRP aslo instructions you can ask for itSmile

would be nice if you post how to achieve root and tools used so others with the same device can benefit too.

Right mate,due the time limitation I just wrote a reply to helpful peoples here.  
Below  you can find tutorial and necessary files;

TUTORIAL HOT TO ROOT A ZOJI Z6 & NECESSARY FILES 
As I an owner of an excotic device in this part of world , I wanted to root my device for known benefits of rooting -but I had no option to brick it or break it- I had limited experience on android and phone adaptation of linux on phones. So I asked help where experienced humans are collected , notorious XDA and china-devices.com is two of them .I try to port a TWRP ,but I couldn't cheat the scripts running at boot to protect root integrity of device, So in brief;

In the link you will find TWRP 3.1.1 for Homtom Zoji Z6 which is ported by mrmaz** from XDA, also instructions by me; 
       >>>>drive.google.com/open?id=0B2-w2KbX27LtdzlFM2tNYlhibTg<<<<

If something goes wrong , you can find factory roms also scatter.txt's in both those links; one is newer but I dint notice any differences >>>drive.google.com/open?id=0B2-w2KbX27LtT3psRTNjVTBPb1U<<<
              >>>>drive.google.com/open?id=0B8uH_31zxvqEWTZ6eWNCdlBsRGc<<<<

I would suggest you to learn how to use Sp Flash from this forum, lots of videos online also

Also download and load to your SD Card Supersu from>>>supersu.com/download<<<  generally latest is the best for Zoji Z6 with Android 6.0

I mentioned two methods to flash Supersu.binaries to system one is temporary, one is permanent with Sp Flash Tools
And lastly I am not responsible of your bricked Zoji's if something goes wrong , or your phone calls an nuclear silo by it self and starts a nuclear fall-out.

Suggested reading >>>forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/root-tips-rooting-cheap-chinese-t3337484<<<<

I will follow this thread and will try to answer your questions regarding beautiful and excotic Zoji's  Big Grin

DUE THE LIMITATIONS OF POSTING CLICKABLE LINKS TO HOVATEK FORUM , PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO "https://" AT BEGINNING OF LINKS