Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix/recover from a bootloop on Android devices
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix/recover from a bootloop on Android devices

[Tutorial] How to fix/recover from a bootloop on Android devices

Spondulix
Spondulix
Spondulix
25-03-2015, 01:45 AM

1. What is bootloop?
Bootloop: Bootloop means your phone doesn't boot up right, it's just starting and starting and nothing happens, or it's starting and shutting down and starting again. It just means your phone makes a loop while booting.

Causes of Bootloop
Bootloops can occur pretty easily,  it’s mainly caused because system files interfering with each other which causes instability and/or crashes at the boot sequence. Think of system apps that are compiled incorrectly, permissions that are not set correctly, files from other devices and even an init.d script, everything is possible. To find the cause of a bootloop you have to think about what you did before getting the bootloop.

How to recover from a bootloop {Using CWM Recovery}
Difficulty level: Medium

make sure your phone is rooted already with CWM {and if the device is not rooted or doesn't have CWM on it i will be posting a tutorial later on how to get CWM and root access on a bricked or bootloop devices(MTK)} , Power down the phone(switch off) and launch it into CWM Recovery Mode by pressing the Power+volume up (this key combination may be different for your specific Android phone).

1. Start your phone in CWM Recovery ( Power button+volume up)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Choose "Wipe dalvik-cache"
4. Now go to "Mounts & Storage"
5. Choose “Wipe /cache”
6. Choose "wipe your /data partition"
7. Reboot your phone
and the issue should be resolved.
This post was last modified: 26-03-2015, 08:51 AM by Spondulix.
29-03-2015, 07:53 AM
I dont have cwm recovery onthe phone and mtkdroid tool is not dectecting my phone on window 8 pro.tanx
Spondulix
Spondulix
Spondulix
29-03-2015, 09:25 AM
(29-03-2015, 07:53 AM)alazskippo25@yahoo.com I dont have cwm recovery onthe phone and mtkdroid tool is not dectecting my phone on window 8 pro.tanx
OK if you don't have CWM recovery kindly specify the type of phone you are using and I will provide you a fix for your bootloop
29-03-2015, 02:09 PM
It's infinix x350 surf smart
Spondulix
Spondulix
Spondulix
29-03-2015, 03:58 PM

(29-03-2015, 02:09 PM)alazskippo25@yahoo.com It\s  infinix x350 surf smart

The only thing you need to do is to find the same device as yours that has CWM Recovery then make a backup of it using (mtkdroidtool) and flash your X350 with Spflashtool, you can as well  ask the administrator of this website for Stock ROM for  Infinix x350 then you proceed with the flashing process.
tribooter
tribooter
tribooter
02-04-2015, 09:44 PM
hello there! can i ask for a link on how to unbrick a mtk6572 device? galaxy s4 clone fake mtk6489, UBFIS android system,..sorry if i interupt your thread sir, i was unable to find a thread for MTK6572 UBFIS.. thank you so much!

Sent from my LENOVO S920 using Hovatek mobile
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
(02-04-2015, 09:44 PM)tribooter hello there! can i ask for a link on how to unbrick a mtk6572 device? galaxy s4 clone fake mtk6489, UBFIS android system,..sorry if i interupt your thread sir, i was unable to find a thread for MTK6572 UBFIS.. thank you so much!

Sent from my LENOVO S920 using Hovatek mobile

why not create a thread. you can go to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4 to do this

Sent from my itel it1452 using Hovatek mobile
joetheonlyy
joetheonlyy
joetheonlyy
25-09-2020, 07:23 AM
Hel
Hello members,my itel a31 stuck on recovery bootloop when i tried to reset it. I tried to flash with SP tool but everytime i connect the phone,it boot to recovery.I tried to use fastboot to flash stock recovery image,but i got the message command not allowed.
Help pls
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-09-2020, 03:33 PM
(25-09-2020, 07:23 AM)joetheonlyy Hel
Hello members,my itel a31 stuck on recovery bootloop when i tried to reset it. I tried to flash with SP tool but everytime i connect the phone,it boot to recovery.I tried to use fastboot to flash stock recovery image,but i got the message command not allowed.
Help pls

already replied to @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-36678.html