Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Gionee A1 lite hard bricked and unable to enter recovery. Please Help!
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Gionee A1 lite hard bricked and unable to enter recovery. Please Help!

Gionee A1 lite hard bricked and unable to enter recovery. Please Help!

Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Enthusiastic Member
19-10-2017, 04:47 PM

Hi Everyone,
I recently bought a Gionee a1 lite from India to Scotland. I tried flashing twrp recovery and hard bricked the phone.
initially when it had battery it used to say the following
” your device has been unlocked and cant be trusted. device will boot in 5 seconds” and used to go into boot loop. after that when the charge is over it just says power low. even if I charge it says the same thing again and again.
can you help me flash the stock firmware( I could'nt find stock firmware for this model.) and also can you help me with the button combinations for putting it out of power and to charge again.
thanks a lot.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-10-2017, 05:54 PM
(19-10-2017, 04:47 PM)Sandeep.karri Hi Everyone,
I recently bought a Gionee a1 lite from India to Scotland. I tried flashing twrp recovery and hard bricked the phone.
” your device has been unlocked and cant be trusted. device will boot in 5 seconds” and used to go into boot loop. after that when the charge is over it just says power low. even if I charge it says the same thing again and again.
can you help me flash the stock firmware( I could'nt find stock firmware for this model.) and also can you help me with the button combinations for putting it out of power and to charge again.
thanks a lot.

ran a quick search., nothing came up
seems like you unlocked bootloader;
have you tried re-locking the bootloader then check if the device boots properly?
after unlocking bootloader, did you do anything else on the device?
finally, can you get access to a working gionee a1 lite?
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Enthusiastic Member
19-10-2017, 07:12 PM
(19-10-2017, 05:54 PM)X3non
(19-10-2017, 04:47 PM)Sandeep.karri Hi Everyone,
thanks a lot.

ran a quick search., nothing came up
seems like you unlocked bootloader;
have you tried re-locking the bootloader then check if the device boots properly?
after unlocking bootloader, did you do anything else on the device?
finally, can you get access to a working gionee a1 lite?

Hi X3non,
Thank you for the reply.
after unlocking the boot loader, it keeps going into loops after the 'device will boot in 5 seconds " screen until the battery lasted and later it just shows "low power".
I could not do anything after that operation.
I tried using flash tools but there was no firmware for the gionee a1 lite. 
I tried downloading the firmware for Gionee A1 but it said chipset mismatch. (gionee a1 uses mt6755 while the a1 lite uses mt 6753)
I am not familiar with bootloader but can you please tell me how to re-lock the bootloader.
also I am unable to switch off the device or charge it too.
the battery is unremovable.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-10-2017, 11:26 AM
(19-10-2017, 07:12 PM)Sandeep.karri Hi X3non,
Thank you for the reply.
after unlocking the boot loader, it keeps going into loops after the 'device will boot in 5 seconds " screen until the battery lasted and later it just shows "low power".
I could not do anything after that operation.
I tried using flash tools but there was no firmware for the gionee a1 lite. 
I tried downloading the firmware for Gionee A1 but it said chipset mismatch. (gionee a1 uses mt6755 while the a1 lite uses mt 6753)
I am not familiar with bootloader but can you please tell me how to re-lock the bootloader.
also I am unable to switch off the device or charge it too.
the battery is unremovable.

Its going to be difficult but I strongly advise you stay put (don't flash any rom that isn't for your model) till the firmware is available online or you find someone with a working phone of the same model.
We'll list it @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html once available

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Enthusiastic Member
21-10-2017, 11:38 PM

sure. ill do that.
thanks a lot friend.
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Enthusiastic Member
22-10-2017, 12:09 AM
hey,
I found a link for firmware.
unfortunately I am not allowed to share the link here.
ill try it and let you know if there is any problem.
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Sandeep.karri
Enthusiastic Member
22-10-2017, 11:04 AM
so I flashed the stock rom from that link it almost returned to normal. atleast the phone was able to boot and all functions were working fine except for a small proble. it says "invalid imei"
I surfed through a few tuts and found a tool called mtk engineer mode and followed but apparently the mobile must be rooted for it to work.
but I cant root the mobile yet as when I try to flash recovery through fastboot, It says "Failed (remote: size too large)"
so kind of hit a bump there.
is there any alternative way to root of flash a custom recovery this model?
and can anyone please explain how to fix the 'size too large' error.
I am using the latest versions of drivers, adb and the fastboot (ver 1.4.2).

thank you guys for your patience and cooperation.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-10-2017, 01:04 PM
(22-10-2017, 12:09 AM)Sandeep.karri hey,
I found a link for firmware.
unfortunately I am not allowed to share the link here.
ill try it and let you know if there is any problem.

remove the http(s):// and www from the link and post

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-10-2017, 01:06 PM
(22-10-2017, 11:04 AM)Sandeep.karri so I flashed the stock rom from that link it almost returned to normal. atleast the phone was able to boot and all functions were working fine except for a small proble. it says "invalid imei"
I surfed through a few tuts and found a tool called mtk engineer mode and followed but apparently the mobile must be rooted for it to work.
but I cant root the mobile yet as when I try to flash recovery through fastboot, It says "Failed (remote: size too large)"
so kind of hit a bump there.
is there any alternative way to root of flash a custom recovery this model?
and can anyone please explain how to fix the 'size too large' error.
I am using the latest versions of drivers, adb and the fastboot (ver 1.4.2).

thank you guys for your patience and cooperation.

Its Nougat. Use Tool Hero @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

Note!