Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android My tecno P9 v4.2 bricked and in a bootloop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

My tecno P9 v4.2 bricked and in a bootloop

My tecno P9 v4.2 bricked and in a bootloop

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
jallowxl
jallowxl
jallowxl
Enthusiastic Member
25-03-2015, 05:45 AM

Hello got a tecno p9 v4.2 that i rooted using vroot,got superuser and everything was working fine...for some reason I can't understand when I tried backing up with mtkdroidtools it refused.Well the phone was working great and I had root too(all I wanted except for cwm) I tried all u mentioned in different forums,Tried droidtools first,totally lost my recovery even stock tried the recovery tools apk nothing.I wanted cwm badly but couldn't get it(first time I failed at installing cwm or twrp on any phone) so I just forgot about and used it that way....it was still working perfectly until I saw a new update in the settings /about menu. I personally hate those updates but for a very stupid reason I hit the download update,it downloaded and said installing with me sitting down there waiting happily for a reboot.Got shocked when all I got was a bootloop which continued even when I try to charge it. so here I am with a brick,no recovery, no cwm,no life or vibration when I hit the power button...only a bootloop when I plug it in to charge.connected it to mtkdroidtools(I have no driver issues)but it couldn't detect the phone. Now am going to try the sp flash tool and do a stock restore so please can you please give me the permission to download Tecno P9 v4.2 mtk stock rom....that's the only thing that might work.Thanks for all your efforts and kindness.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-03-2015, 08:32 AM
(25-03-2015, 05:45 AM)jallowxl Hello got a tecno p9 v4.2 that i rooted using vroot,got superuser and everything was working fine...for some reason I can't understand when I tried backing up with mtkdroidtools it refused.Well the phone was working great and I had root too(all I wanted except for cwm) I tried all u mentioned in different forums,Tried droidtools first,totally lost my recovery even stock tried the recovery tools apk nothing.I wanted cwm badly but couldn't get it(first time I failed at installing cwm or twrp on any phone) so I just forgot about and used it that way....it was still working perfectly until I saw a new update in the settings /about menu. I personally hate those updates but for a very stupid reason I hit the download update,it downloaded and said installing with me sitting down there waiting happily for a reboot.Got shocked when all I got was a bootloop which continued  even when I try to charge it. so here I am with a brick,no recovery, no cwm,no life or vibration when I hit the power button...only a bootloop when I plug it in to charge.connected it to mtkdroidtools(I have no driver issues)but it couldn't detect the phone. Now am going to try the sp flash tool and do a stock restore so please can you please give me the permission to download Tecno P9 v4.2 mtk stock rom....that's the only thing that might work.Thanks for all your efforts and kindness.

supply a gmail address for me to grant

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
jallowxl
jallowxl
jallowxl
Enthusiastic Member
27-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Thanks....Ure a savior...my email is jallowxxlpro@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-03-2015, 03:54 PM
(27-03-2015, 03:19 PM)jallowxl Thanks....Ure a savior...my email is jallowxxlpro@gmail.com

granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
jallowxl
jallowxl
jallowxl
Enthusiastic Member
30-03-2015, 02:53 PM

Thanks for the Download, I downloaded it but couldn't flash any files....the phone is a tecno p9 phantom pad mini....but I opened it and the paper at the back s8382....it seems the versions are different...do you have any idea ehats wrong?
jallowxl
jallowxl
jallowxl
Enthusiastic Member
30-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Am not with the phone right now but when I get home I'll give you more details.
jallowxl
jallowxl
jallowxl
Enthusiastic Member
05-04-2015, 03:58 PM
I downloaded itbut couldn't flash any files....the phone isa tecno p9 phantom pad mini....but I opened it and the paper at the back says s8382....it seems the versions are different or mine is fake...do you have any idea whats wrong?or do you know anything about s8382 te no p9 phantom pad mini...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-04-2015, 05:17 PM
(05-04-2015, 03:58 PM)jallowxl I downloaded itbut couldn't flash any files....the phone isa tecno p9 phantom pad mini....but I opened it and the paper at the back says s8382....it seems the versions are different or mine is fake...do you have any idea whats wrong?or do you know anything about s8382 te no p9 phantom pad mini...

what error did you get during flashing?

Note!
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Techie Member
12-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Am having similar issue, I requested for the backup to fix my wifi issue, after flashing the system.img of the p9 v4.4 stock backup, my phone could only boot to the tecno logo, now I flashed everything, I can only hear it rebooting itself, it's no longer displaying. Please help me
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Techie Member
12-09-2015, 08:17 PM

Please i have similar issues, after flashing with 4.4 all stock files, phone screen goes blank, and I can only hear the phone rebooting itself
Pages (2): 1 2 Next