Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Locking bootloader vs root access on tecno cx
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Locking bootloader vs root access on tecno cx

[Please help] Locking bootloader vs root access on tecno cx

innocizy
innocizy
innocizy
Enthusiastic Member
25-10-2017, 12:39 PM

Hello team hovatek,
I managed to unlock my tecno CX Bootloader and flashed twrp recovery and SuperSU zip to get root access.
I'm fade up with the orange message when booting my phone the "my phone has been unlocked and it can't be trusted" so can I unlock back my bootloader without losing my root access?? If yes how, if no why and what can I do?
And how can I remove the data usage count behind my signal bar when data is on?
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek Forum
innocizy
innocizy
innocizy
Enthusiastic Member
25-10-2017, 02:18 PM
No help till now???

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-10-2017, 03:26 PM
(25-10-2017, 12:39 PM)innocizy Hello team hovatek,
I managed to unlock my tecno CX  Bootloader and flashed twrp recovery and SuperSU zip to get root access.
I'm fade up with the orange message when booting my phone the "my phone has been unlocked and it can't be trusted" so can I unlock back my bootloader without losing my root access?? If yes how, if no why and what can I do?
Thank you in advance.

for relocking bootloader, you can attempt using the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15863.html
ensure to make a backup of your data before doing so.
if the orange state message still persist, then you'll need to flash back stock rom.

alternative method to flashing TWRP without unlocking bootloader, would be to flash using SPflash tool
innocizy
innocizy
innocizy
Enthusiastic Member
25-10-2017, 05:23 PM
(25-10-2017, 03:26 PM)X3non
(25-10-2017, 12:39 PM)innocizy Hello team hovatek,
I managed to unlock my tecno CX  Bootloader and flashed twrp recovery and SuperSU zip to get root access.
Thank you in advance.

for relocking bootloader, you can attempt using the method
ensure to make a backup of your data before doing so.
if the orange state message still persist, then you'll need to flash back stock rom.

alternative method to flashing TWRP without unlocking bootloader, would be to flash using SPflash tool

Thank you. I know how to re-lock my bootloader with all the methods. My question was "will I still be rooted after relocking the Boot loader?" Won't I lose any data in doing so?

innocizy
innocizy
innocizy
Enthusiastic Member
25-10-2017, 05:36 PM

And how can I remove the data count?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-10-2017, 10:00 AM
(25-10-2017, 05:23 PM)innocizy Thank you. I know how to re-lock my bootloader with all the methods. My question was "will I still be rooted after relocking the Boot loader?" Won't I lose any data in doing so?

Re-locking your Bootloader won't wipe data and so far data isn't wiped & boot.img isn't replaced, you should not lose root.
The goal of rooting the CX is to get a custom recovery to the phone so you can achieve that via Bootloader method or grab the scatter file for your CX chip @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19410.html and flash using SP Flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-10-2017, 10:07 AM
(25-10-2017, 05:36 PM)innocizy And how can I remove the data count?

Root the phone > Go to /data/system/netstats and delete everything in that folder

If you have any more questions on this very question then please, create a new thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
innocizy
innocizy
innocizy
Enthusiastic Member
26-10-2017, 04:21 PM
(25-10-2017, 05:36 PM)innocizy And how can I remove the data count?

Root the phone > Go to /data/system/netstats and delete everything in that folder

If you have any more questions on this very question then please, create a new thread
[/quote]
Deleted the files in the netstats still the data count beside network bar exist

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-10-2017, 10:57 AM
(26-10-2017, 04:21 PM)innocizy Deleted the files in the netstats still the data count beside network bar exist

As I said, you'll need to create a new thread for this particular enquiry to avoid a mixup. This thread is about Bootloader

Note!