Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android KB900 Tablet MT6580 issues flashing recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

KB900 Tablet MT6580 issues flashing recovery

KB900 Tablet MT6580 issues flashing recovery

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-10-2017, 02:53 PM

(27-10-2017, 08:08 PM)triki After renaming the scatter file I kept getting the Boundary Check Failed error.
Found a site that explains this error and the fix and seemed to work Smile
Just had to change the boundary_check for the PRELOADER.

Boundary Check Failed

Message: Boundary Check Failed: rom_end_addr >= next rom begin_addr.
ROM(PRELOADER): rom_end_addr(0x000000000001cbd3)!
Next ROM(PGPT): m_begin_addr(0x0000000000000000)

Meaning: The firmware has a partition that wasn't included while backing up the firmware. SP flash tool encounters an error in the end address of the preloader partition and the begin address of PGPT partition (i.e the partition which wasn't included in the backup)

Solution:
Close the error message,  then manually select the location of all files in the scatter file from the bottom to the top. Meaning that preloader would be the last thing you'll select
If that doesn't work, open and modify the scatter file using Notepad++ then change "boundary_check: True" to "boundary_check: False"
If after modifying the scatter file and you still encounter the same or a different error, then flash the firmware using miracle box.

Now that I got past that error, now I'm back at this one:

Storage type mismatch!

scatter file storage type is HW_STORAGE_EMMC
target storage type is HW_STORAGE_NONE

Update:
I have been jumping around trying to fix this and I got confused as to which program I used to backup the device before I bricked it. I thought I used MTKDroidTool, but now that I think about it, I believe I used Micrable Box to back it up and get the scatter file. Does this mean I can only use the scatter file with Miracle Box and not SP Flash Tool ?

1. Was it only the scatter file you got when you backed up the phone using the tool you can't recall?
2. If there were other partitions / files backed up (apart from scatter file) then attach a full screenshot showing them all
3. Attach the scatter file here so I take a look at its content

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
triki
triki
triki
28-10-2017, 03:08 PM
(28-10-2017, 02:53 PM)hovatek
(27-10-2017, 08:08 PM)triki After renaming the scatter file I kept getting the Boundary Check Failed error.
Found a site that explains this error and the fix and seemed to work Smile
Just had to change the boundary_check for the PRELOADER.

Boundary Check Failed

Message: Boundary Check Failed: rom_end_addr >= next rom begin_addr.
ROM(PRELOADER): rom_end_addr(0x000000000001cbd3)!
Next ROM(PGPT): m_begin_addr(0x0000000000000000)

Meaning: The firmware has a partition that wasn't included while backing up the firmware. SP flash tool encounters an error in the end address of the preloader partition and the begin address of PGPT partition (i.e the partition which wasn't included in the backup)

Solution:
Close the error message,  then manually select the location of all files in the scatter file from the bottom to the top. Meaning that preloader would be the last thing you'll select
If that doesn't work, open and modify the scatter file using Notepad++ then change "boundary_check: True" to "boundary_check: False"
If after modifying the scatter file and you still encounter the same or a different error, then flash the firmware using miracle box.

Now that I got past that error, now I'm back at this one:

Storage type mismatch!

scatter file storage type is HW_STORAGE_EMMC

Update:
I have been jumping around trying to fix this and I got confused as to which program I used to backup the device before I bricked it. I thought I used MTKDroidTool, but now that I think about it, I believe I used Micrable Box to back it up and get the scatter file. Does this mean I can only use the scatter file with Miracle Box and not SP Flash Tool ?

1. Was it only the scatter file you got when you backed up the phone using the tool you can't recall?
2. If there were other partitions / files backed up (apart from scatter file) then attach a full screenshot showing them all
3. Attach the scatter file here so I take a look at its content

1. The backup from MiracleBox(following this www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html) created a bunch of bin files and the scatter file.
2. Screenshot attached.
3. Scatter file attached.

Thank you very much for your time.
This post was last modified: 28-10-2017, 05:26 PM by triki.
Attached Files
.png
FilesBackedUp.png
Size: 75.72 KB / Downloads: 5
.txt
MT6580_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 8.93 KB / Downloads: 5
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-10-2017, 06:43 PM
(28-10-2017, 03:08 PM)triki 1. The backup from MiracleBox(following this www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html) created a bunch of bin files and the scatter file.
2. Screenshot attached.

flash the files using miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
triki
triki
triki
29-10-2017, 02:32 AM
(28-10-2017, 06:43 PM)X3non
(28-10-2017, 03:08 PM)triki 1. The backup from MiracleBox(following this www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html) created a bunch of bin files and the scatter file.
2. Screenshot attached.

flash the files using miracle box @ 

When I try to flash with MiracleBox I get the error(attached):

BootData  ERR(1): E49AEC_3
Attached Files
.png
micrablebox_error.png
Size: 213.07 KB / Downloads: 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-10-2017, 08:56 PM

(29-10-2017, 02:32 AM)triki When I try to flash with MiracleBox I get the error(attached):

BootData  ERR(1): E49AEC_3

Readinfo using Miracle Box and let me see a screenshot of the outcome

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
triki
triki
triki
29-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Same error, screenshot attached.
Attached Files
.png
miraclebox_readinfo.png
Size: 241.46 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-10-2017, 11:40 AM
(29-10-2017, 11:09 PM)triki Same error, screenshot attached.

This is looking like a chip level mismatch .
have you been able to find a stock rom for this model so you try something other than this backup?

Note!
triki
triki
triki
30-10-2017, 02:00 PM
(30-10-2017, 11:40 AM)hovatek
(29-10-2017, 11:09 PM)triki Same error, screenshot attached.

This is looking like a chip level mismatch .
have you been able to find a stock rom for this model so you try something other than this backup?

I have not been able to find a rom for this device yet. I figured it would be safer to use the backup I made from the device, I will look and see what I can find.

Update: I tried a ROM I found on needrom dot com for MT6580A which is my chipset and I get the error :

Storage type mismatch!
scatter storage type is HW_STORAGE_EMMC

Is there a fix for "target storage type is HW_STORAGE_NONE ?

Thanks
This post was last modified: 30-10-2017, 05:13 PM by triki.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-10-2017, 06:26 PM
(30-10-2017, 02:00 PM)triki I have not been able to find a rom for this device yet. I figured it would be safer to use the backup I made from the device, I will look and see what I can find.

Update: I tried a ROM I found on needrom dot com for MT6580A which is my chipset and I get the error :

Storage type mismatch!
scatter storage type is HW_STORAGE_EMMC

Is there a fix for "target storage type is HW_STORAGE_NONE ?

Thanks

hold on lets try something else
download the scatter file from the attachment below
create a new folder on your desktop named hovatek
copy ONLY the following files from the firmware dump you made earlier on using miracle box (preloader, boot, recovery, lk, logo, secro and system) into the hovatek folder on your desktop
copy the scatter file from the attachment below
then attempt flashing only recovery using SP flash tool
lets know if it goes successfully
Attached Files
.txt
MT6580_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 8.52 KB / Downloads: 4
triki
triki
triki
30-10-2017, 07:36 PM

(30-10-2017, 06:26 PM)X3non [quote pid='122681' dateline='1509368405']
[quote pid='122714' dateline='1509384380']
hold on lets try something else
download the scatter file from the attachment below
create a new folder on your desktop named hovatek
copy ONLY the following files from the firmware dump you made earlier on using miracle box (preloader, boot, recovery, lk, logo, secro and system) into the hovatek folder on your desktop
copy the scatter file from the attachment below
then attempt flashing only recovery using SP flash tool
lets know if it goes successfully

[/quote]

[/quote]

The scatter file loads with errors about boundary checks. Should i disable the boundary checks ?
screenshot attached.
Attached Files
.png
SPFlash_error_new_scatter.png
Size: 111.46 KB / Downloads: 3
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next