Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Hard Bricked B3-A20 Acer Tablet No Recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Hard Bricked B3-A20 Acer Tablet No Recovery

[Please help] Hard Bricked B3-A20 Acer Tablet No Recovery

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-10-2017, 02:50 PM

(30-10-2017, 12:12 PM)TLKiller Ok I have seen your guide, but you said that mtk droid tools don't support my chipset so I must go to step 5 of your guide, but where can I get the scatter file for my device? Because I have been searching for it all over the internet, but I can't find a scatter file for my device model, which is B3-A20. But I found a "MT8163_Android_scatter.txt" file, the problem is that this scatter is for the model B3-A30. You said this would require caution, but currently my tablet won't boot and has no recovery menu so what could be worse than this? Anyways I have knowledge of this so I might be able to do it properly. So what should I do now? (I don't have scatter for my device model)

the way i see it, you'll most likely need a box such CM2 as @hovatek already indicated.
there are so many complications as to using any mt8163 scatter file. e.g some of the core partitions might not match with whats on your device etc.

but if you can boot into fastboot mode using a key combo, then maybe you can try
dumping only recovery from the working phone, 
we can then try porting a custom recovery,
if successful, you flash that in fastboot mode into the two devices
you backup the working phone then restore the backup onto the faulty phone

note that this would only stand a chance of working if you can get the device into fastboot mode using key combo otherwise its over to using a hardware box
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
30-10-2017, 03:40 PM
(30-10-2017, 02:50 PM)X3non
(30-10-2017, 12:12 PM)TLKiller Ok I have seen your guide, but you said that mtk droid tools don't support my chipset so I must go to step 5 of your guide, but where can I get the scatter file for my device? Because I have been searching for it all over the internet, but I can't find a scatter file for my device model, which is B3-A20. But I found a "MT8163_Android_scatter.txt" file, the problem is that this scatter is for the model B3-A30. You said this would require caution, but currently my tablet won't boot and has no recovery menu so what could be worse than this? Anyways I have knowledge of this so I might be able to do it properly. So what should I do now? (I don't have scatter for my device model)

the way i see it, you'll most likely need a box such CM2 as @hovatek already indicated.
there are so many complications as to using any mt8163 scatter file. e.g some of the core partitions might not match with whats on your device etc.

but if you can boot into fastboot mode using a key combo, then maybe you can try
dumping only recovery from the working phone, 
we can then try porting a custom recovery,
if successful, you flash that in fastboot mode into the two devices
you backup the working phone then restore the backup onto the faulty phone

note that this would only stand a chance of working if you can get the device into fastboot mode using key combo otherwise its over to using a hardware box
Buying miracle box? That's $120!!!
So what is the key for fastboot mode on acer iconia B3-A20? I can't find it on the internet and I tried some combos myself but it seems to not work, I think this tablet has no fastboot mode, anyways I'll wait for hovatek's advice too, thanks!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-10-2017, 09:56 AM
(30-10-2017, 03:40 PM)TLKiller Buying miracle box? That's $120!!!
So what is the key for fastboot mode on acer iconia B3-A20? I can't find it on the internet and I tried some combos myself but it seems to not work, I think this tablet has no fastboot mode, anyways I'll wait for hovatek's advice too, thanks!

@x3non has explained what I meant by 'caution'. A lot of things could go wrong e.g an overlap when you flash core partitions using a scatter file that's not meant for your model.
Since buying a box isn't exactly an option as you've indicated, lets take a little risk.
Open that MT8163 scatter file using notepad++ and locate recovery (i.e partition_name: recovery )
The start and length values you need can be obtained from the scatter file
physical_start_addr is the start
partition_size is the length
e.g
Code:

physical_start_addr: 0x5d20000 <--- Start
partition_size: 0x1000000              <----Length

Use these values to dump only recovery.img from the working phone using the SP Flash Tool rom dump guide
Let me know once done

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
31-10-2017, 05:09 PM
(31-10-2017, 09:56 AM)hovatek
(30-10-2017, 03:40 PM)TLKiller Buying miracle box? That's $120!!!

@x3non has explained what I meant by 'caution'. A lot of things could go wrong e.g an overlap when you flash core partitions using a scatter file that's not meant for your model.
Since buying a box isn't exactly an option as you've indicated, lets take a little risk.
Open that MT8163 scatter file using notepad++ and locate recovery (i.e partition_name: recovery )
The start and length values you need can be obtained from the scatter file
physical_start_addr is the start
partition_size is the length
e.g
Code:

physical_start_addr: 0x5d20000 <--- Start
partition_size: 0x1000000              <----Length

Use these values to dump only recovery.img from the working phone using the SP Flash Tool rom dump guide
Let me know once done

now I have a extra problem, the micro USB of the working device is damaged and it wont connect to pc but I have installed official TWRP app on the working device (it is rooted) and I have created a recovery.img with "backup existing recovery"option, can I flash this recovery.img in the dead device?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-11-2017, 11:00 AM

(31-10-2017, 05:09 PM)TLKiller now I have a extra problem, the micro USB of the working device is damaged and it wont connect to pc but I have installed official TWRP app on the working device (it is rooted) and I have created a recovery.img with "backup existing recovery"option, can I flash this recovery.img in the dead device?

Yes, using the scatter file, try flashing only recovery . let me know how that goes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
01-11-2017, 11:49 AM
(01-11-2017, 11:00 AM)hovatek
(31-10-2017, 05:09 PM)TLKiller now I have a extra problem, the micro USB of the working device is damaged and it wont connect to pc but I have installed official TWRP app on the working device (it is rooted) and I have created a recovery.img with "backup existing recovery"option, can I flash this recovery.img in the dead device?

Yes, using the scatter file, try flashing only recovery . let me know how that goes

Ok, so I selected the scatter file and ticked only recovery then I click download button but when plug my bricked device then it says error (see attached picture)
On the other hand, on SP flash tool I cant see an option to selet my "recovery.img" file
This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 11:55 AM by TLKiller.
Attached Files
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 659.69 KB / Downloads: 23
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
01-11-2017, 02:19 PM
(01-11-2017, 11:49 AM)TLKiller Ok, so I selected the scatter file and ticked only recovery then I click download button but when plug my bricked device then it says error (see attached picture)
On the other hand, on SP flash tool I cant see an option to selet my "recovery.img" file

have you tried the fixes for that error listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
01-11-2017, 07:55 PM
(01-11-2017, 02:19 PM)freshtyt
(01-11-2017, 11:49 AM)TLKiller Ok, so I selected the scatter file and ticked only recovery then I click download button but when plug my bricked device then it says error (see attached picture)

have you tried the fixes for that error listed @ https:/www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?

Yes, I even tried a different computer with windows xp then finally something happened, I ticked: preloader, recovery and logo then the program said ok, but now my tablet won't even show the Acer logo and the charge screen is not showing too, what happened?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
02-11-2017, 11:18 AM
(01-11-2017, 07:55 PM)TLKiller
(01-11-2017, 02:19 PM)freshtyt

have you tried the fixes for that error listed @ https:/www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?

Yes, I even tried a different computer with windows xp then finally something happened, I ticked: preloader, recovery and logo then the program said ok, but now my tablet won't even show the Acer logo and the charge screen is not showing too, what happened?

The battery might be drained, pull out the battery and re-insert again then try charging the device for 3-4 hours.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2017, 11:23 AM

(01-11-2017, 07:55 PM)TLKiller Yes, I even tried a different computer with windows xp then finally something happened, I ticked: preloader, recovery and logo then the program said ok, but now my tablet won't even show the Acer logo and the charge screen is not showing too, what happened?

There's no way it would've said OK if you ticked 2 empty boxes (preloader & logo) or did you dump those / obtain them elsewhere

Note!
Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next