Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] need firmware of lenovo k8 plus xt1902-2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] need firmware of lenovo k8 plus xt1902-2

[Please help] need firmware of lenovo k8 plus xt1902-2

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Enthusiastic Member
31-10-2017, 07:36 AM

Hello,
I tried to do readback but fails because of wrong scatter file,
Chip:- mt6757D
Please help me,
Tried miracle box with loader but not working.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-10-2017, 12:37 PM
(31-10-2017, 07:36 AM)Sravan kumar Hello,
Please help me,

Ran a quick search but nothing solid came up.
You'll need a chinese box to backup.
Is the phone bricked or something?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Enthusiastic Member
31-10-2017, 01:25 PM
(31-10-2017, 12:37 PM)hovatek
(31-10-2017, 07:36 AM)Sravan kumar Hello,
Please help me,

Ran a quick search but nothing solid came up.
You'll need a chinese box to backup.
Is the phone bricked or something?

Phone is not bricked it's in working state,
Wanted to root the device and install custom recovery so need firmware only hope for me is hovatek,
Installed miracle box with loader and tried but not able to get the firmware because I think miracle box 2.27a with loader doesn't support mt6757,
So help me out to get firmware of my device.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-10-2017, 06:05 PM
(31-10-2017, 01:25 PM)Sravan kumar Phone is not bricked it's in working state,
Wanted to root the device and install custom recovery so need firmware only hope for me is hovatek,
Installed miracle box with loader and tried but not able to get the firmware because I think miracle box 2.27a with loader doesn't support mt6757,
So help me out to get firmware of my device.

its either you dump the firmware from the phone using a chinese box as you've already been told OR alternatively you can consider contacting the manufacturer of your device, maybe they can assist you with a link to the firmware.
BTW what error did you encounter when you tried doing a readback of recovery using SP flash tool?
and whats the android version of your device?
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Enthusiastic Member
31-10-2017, 07:18 PM

(31-10-2017, 06:05 PM)X3non [quote='Sravan kumar' pid='122781' dateline='1509452710']

its either you dump the firmware from the phone using a chinese box as you've already been told OR alternatively you can consider contacting the manufacturer of your device, maybe they can assist you with a link to the firmware.
BTW what error did you encounter when you tried doing a readback of recovery using SP flash tool?
and whats the android version of your device?

Sir,
It says wrong scatter file,
Nd I don't know the values of blocksmap since mtk Droid tools won't work of 64bit devices,
And my device Chipset is mt6757cd which helio p25,
I only found scatter file of mt6757 nd tried with that and it says wrong scatter file.
Android version is 7.1 nougat
This post was last modified: 31-10-2017, 07:36 PM by Sravan kumar.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-11-2017, 11:43 AM
(31-10-2017, 07:18 PM)Sravan kumar Sir,
It says wrong scatter file,
Nd I don't know the values of blocksmap since mtk Droid tools won't work of 64bit devices,
And my device Chipset is mt6757cd which helio p25,
I only found scatter file of mt6757 nd tried with that and it says wrong scatter file.
Android version is 7.1 nougat

I think doogee mix has the same chip as yours. If you could find the scatter file
I've uploaded an MT6757D scatter file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12724.html so try it.
BTW, hope you know how to dump recovery.img using SP Flash tool readback
This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 11:48 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Enthusiastic Member
01-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Thank you gonna try it

Sent from my Pixel V2 using Hovatek Forum
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Enthusiastic Member
01-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Read back backup successfully backed up boot.img recovery.img and system.img,
But only recovery.img is unpacking remaining boot.img says doesn't find Android label ~1,
And for system.img it says batch key not found

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-11-2017, 06:12 PM
(01-11-2017, 03:26 PM)Sravan kumar Read back backup successfully backed up boot.img recovery.img and system.img,
But only recovery.img is unpacking remaining boot.img says doesn't find Android label ~1,

there is a logical explanation for that.
take a closer look at the scatter file you downloaded, you'll see recovery is in partition 3 meanwhile boot and system are far down below partition 20
for each device using the same chipset, the top partitions tend to have the same physical addr and partition size but as it goes down, those value begin to change thus the partitions below wont match on two different devices even if they use the same chipset.

you can get better info by comparing the two mt6580 scatter files i attached below.
what i'm driving at is that you will be able to readback some but not all partitions successfully using scatter file of same chipset of a different device.

you can discard the boot and system as they are practically useless, we can port a custom recovery using the recovery img
Attached Files
.zip
mt6580 tecno W4.zip
Size: 1.15 KB / Downloads: 0
.zip
MT6580 tecno w3.zip
Size: 1.07 KB / Downloads: 0
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Sravan kumar
Enthusiastic Member
02-11-2017, 04:48 AM

(01-11-2017, 03:26 PM)Sravan kumar Read back backup successfully backed up boot.img recovery.img and system.img,

there is a logical explanation for that.
take a closer look at the scatter file you downloaded, you'll see recovery is in partition 3 meanwhile boot and system are far down below partition 20
for each device using the same chipset, the top partitions tend to have the same physical addr and partition size but as it goes down, those value begin to change thus the partitions below wont match on two different devices even if they use the same chipset.

you can get better info by comparing the two mt6580 scatter files i attached below.
what i'm driving at is that you will be able to readback some but not all partitions successfully using scatter file of same chipset of a different device.

you can discard the boot and system as they are practically useless, we can port a custom recovery using the recovery img
[/quote]
Thanks for your explanation,
Searching for twrp for mt6757cd,
Vernee Mars pro recovery seems touch is not working,
Any other twrp for mt6757cd?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next