Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] WIFI MAC ADDRESS changing automatically every restart
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] WIFI MAC ADDRESS changing automatically every restart

[Please help] WIFI MAC ADDRESS changing automatically every restart

XnggX
XnggX
XnggX
31-10-2017, 12:13 PM

Hi everyone.
After I formatted my ROM using the sp flash tool, choosing the "format all + download" option every time I restart my phone the mac wifi address automatically changes to another one, driving me crazy, because in the company network all mac addresses are registered so that we can navigate.

I can not go back to the factory settings, I need to write the mac manually!

I saw a similar post here showing how to change the mac address of another device but unfortunately the file tree is different so I did not find the WIFI file.

My phone is a Blu VIVO 5R (MT 6753)
This post was last modified: 31-10-2017, 12:17 PM by XnggX.
XnggX
XnggX
XnggX
31-10-2017, 01:28 PM
(31-10-2017, 12:13 PM)XnggX Hi everyone.
After I formatted my ROM using the sp flash tool, choosing the "format all + download" option every time I restart my phone the mac wifi address automatically changes to another one, driving me crazy, because in the company network all mac addresses are registered so that we can navigate.

I saw a similar post here showing how to change the mac address of another device but unfortunately the file tree is different so I did not find the WIFI file.

I found.
There is in nvdata/APCFG/APRDEB/
But it seems that this file does not command mac wifi address, so the problem remains.
This post was last modified: 31-10-2017, 01:43 PM by XnggX.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
31-10-2017, 04:25 PM
(31-10-2017, 12:13 PM)XnggX Hi everyone.

its either you write mac addr using sn writer @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html
OR dump nvram partition from a working device same model as yours, then flash the nvram dump onto your faulty device.