Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Help with latest Custom Recovery for Infinix Hot 4. Android 7.0 v163
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Help with latest Custom Recovery for Infinix Hot 4. Android 7.0 v163

[Development] Help with latest Custom Recovery for Infinix Hot 4. Android 7.0 v163

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2017, 09:41 AM

(27-11-2017, 09:04 PM)Ernest Ogberahwe Hovatek ,

Its not booting into recovery.

I downloaded the Philz you provided. Extracted it into a new folder including the preloader I dumped from miracle box earlier on.
Launched miracle box. Selected "Write". Picked my device firmware.8th. Selected scatter file then proceeded to insert my phone (switched off) after clicking the start button. Phone was detected and it brought out a box to select which option I want to format. I selected both the preloader and recovery and OK. The flash was completed and Done.

Then I tried booting into recovery with Vol + and power button. The phone came up with the usual screen "Infinix powered by Android" and goes off immediately again.. I even tried flashing up to 3 Times successfully. But phone couldn't enter recovery. The phone boots up normally though..

So am thinking maybe it has to do with the recovery..

How can you be of help?

Flash back stock recovery and let me know if you're able to boot into stock recovery again

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
28-11-2017, 10:36 AM
(28-11-2017, 09:41 AM)hovatek
(27-11-2017, 09:04 PM)Ernest Ogberahwe Hovatek ,

Flash back stock recovery and let me know if you're able to boot into stock recovery again

So I tried flashing stock recovery that I had dumped earlier using Miracle box.
It wasn't successful. Brought out an error saying:

Error set: Patti

Edited: Am i meant to also include stock preloader.bin as well??

Edited 2: I included stock preloader. The flashing was successful. Upon trying to boot into recovery mode. The stock recovery came on for some seconds before going off again like the phone did when I flashed the Philz recovery you dropped yesterday. Several attempts to boot into recovery mode was not going tru.

Or do I also need to include any other thing apart from stock recovery.bin and stock preloader.bin??
This post was last modified: 28-11-2017, 10:58 AM by Ernest Ogberahwe.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2017, 06:48 PM
(28-11-2017, 10:36 AM)Ernest Ogberahwe So I tried flashing stock recovery that I had dumped earlier using Miracle box.
It wasn't successful. Brought out an error saying:

Error set: Patti

Edited: Am i meant to also include stock preloader.bin as well??

Edited 2: I included stock preloader. The flashing was successful. Upon trying to boot into recovery mode. The stock recovery came on for some seconds before going off again like the phone did when I flashed the Philz recovery you dropped yesterday. Several attempts to boot into recovery mode was not going tru.

Or do I also need to include any other thing apart from stock recovery.bin and stock preloader.bin??

I think there's something wrong with the stock recovery..or maybe something else.
Try booting into stock recovery mode using adb @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11444.html
waiting....

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
28-11-2017, 10:19 PM
(28-11-2017, 06:48 PM)hovatek I think there's something wrong with the stock recovery..or maybe something else.
Try booting into stock recovery mode using adb @ www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11444.html
waiting....

Hello hovatek ,

I was able to set up the  ADB successfully.. it was a smooth operation...  I followed every instructions and applied the commands.. phone was detected and was able to boot into stock recovery using adb command without any issue.....  ((But without adb command it still won't boot into recovery)).
Well. At least adb was useful. ....

So now am thinking about flashing the Philz recovery you dropped earlier on yesterday and use the adb command to boot into recovery mode and see if it boots into Philz recovery and from there if I can install super user.zip from sdcard or phone memory....

Should I go ahead??

Edited: I was feeling somehow so I went ahead and flashed the Philz recovery you dropped including the preloader.bin from stock firmware just as you directed. Flashing was successful but couldn't boot into recovery mode using power and Vol + ....

So I resorted in using the ADB command to reboot into recovery.     Upon booting into recovery mode, it was the stock recovary that was showing and not Philz recovery.

Note: I was careful not to mix the Philz files and stock firmware files... all in different folders.

So that is my observation so far.....

Could it be that something was wrong with the Philz recovery you dropped??
This post was last modified: 28-11-2017, 11:03 PM by Ernest Ogberahwe.
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
28-11-2017, 11:14 PM

Here is a link of the stock recovery(picture) that came up using ADB command after flashing the Philz recovery you dropped... ..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pjlb86b9kdn5n...8.jpg?dl=0
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2017, 10:29 AM
(28-11-2017, 10:19 PM)Ernest Ogberahwe Hello hovatek ,

I was able to set up the  ADB successfully.. it was a smooth operation...  I followed every instructions and applied the commands.. phone was detected and was able to boot into stock recovery using adb command without any issue.....  ((But without adb command it still won't boot into recovery)).
Well. At least adb was useful. ....

So now am thinking about flashing the Philz recovery you dropped earlier on yesterday and use the adb command to boot into recovery mode and see if it boots into Philz recovery and from there if I can install super user.zip from sdcard or phone memory....

Should I go ahead??

Edited: I was feeling somehow so I went ahead and flashed the Philz recovery you dropped including the preloader.bin from stock firmware just as you directed. Flashing was successful but couldn't boot into recovery mode using power and Vol + ....

So I resorted in using the ADB command to reboot into recovery.     Upon booting into recovery mode, it was the stock recovary that was showing and not Philz recovery.

Note: I was careful not to mix the Philz files and stock firmware files... all in different folders.

So that is my observation so far.....

Could it be that something was wrong with the Philz recovery you dropped??

There's nothing wrong with the recovery.
There are 2 things at play here
1. Your phone being unable to boot into recovery mode using volume buttons (at least not steadily) but adb method working fine
2. Stock recovery replacing custom recovery once the phone is booted up. I actually expected this as its a normal occurrence in newer Android versions due to the recovery-from-boot.p . This is why adb will boot to stock recovery mode because it would have replaced the Philz once the phone is booted. This is why we always ask to boot straight to recovery mode after flashing it.

Here's what. flash the Philz recovery and try using Volume down + Power instead of Volume up. Let me know what that shows. I'll work on another recovery

Update; You could also try flashing the Philz using fastboot as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17606.html . Just ensure to unlock Bootloader first using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
This post was last modified: 29-11-2017, 11:12 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
29-11-2017, 11:41 AM
(29-11-2017, 10:29 AM)hovatek
(28-11-2017, 10:19 PM)Ernest Ogberahwe Hello hovatek ,

There's nothing wrong with the recovery.
1. Your phone being unable to boot into recovery mode using volume buttons (at least not steadily) but adb method working fine
2. Stock recovery replacing custom recovery once the phone is booted up. I actually expected this as its a normal occurrence in newer Android versions due to the recovery-from-boot.p . This is why adb will boot to stock recovery mode because it would have replaced the Philz once the phone is booted. This is why we always ask to boot straight to recovery mode after flashing it.

Here's what. flash the Philz recovery and try using Volume down + Power instead of Volume up. Let me know what that shows. I'll work on another recovery

Update; You could also try flashing the Philz using fastboot as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17606.html . Just ensure to unlock Bootloader first using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html

I already tried using Vol down + power button. Same results.. but I will give this fastboot a try and unlocking bootloader first.

I will keep you posted.

Edited: Since I will be trying to flash the rcovery via fastboot. Do I rename the recovery from .Bin to .img ???
This post was last modified: 29-11-2017, 12:04 PM by Ernest Ogberahwe.
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
29-11-2017, 12:58 PM
(29-11-2017, 10:29 AM)hovatek There's nothing wrong with the recovery.

Update; You could also try flashing the Philz using fastboot as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17606.html  . Just ensure to unlock Bootloader first using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html

I already tried using Vol down + power button. Still the same results..  if only miracle box has a command for booting into recovery mode immediately after flashing recovery.. could have been better because like you mentioned booting up the phone after flashing might result to android overriding the Philz with stock recovery...

So i was able to boot into fastboot.. device was recognised... But the bootloader is locked. 

On executing the unlock command it brought out a prompt to using the vol up to unlock or vol down to cancel.
When I pressed the Vol up it said : Unlock failed.  Huh Huh

Even tried the Vol down but it only cancels.. Sad

What could be the problem of it not unlocking??? Dodgy

Having a feeling the more android updates the more it gets tougher.. Angry

You have been so much of help to me... I really appreciate..

Is there any other thing we can try again???

*Sighs*

EDITED:  I was surfing the web on how to unlock bootloader when I came across a pics of a "developer options" for a phone which had the option of OME UNLOCKING (allow the boooader to be unlocked)....

Immediately I checked my own phone in developer options and its there as well but unticked.   Am sure that's why it was failing to unlock whilst using fastboot.  

So I will activate it and give it another try again.  

I will keep you posted... 

EDITED 2: Just in case the bootloader was successfully unlock and I want to flash recovery using fastboot, Am I to change the recovery extension from .Bin to .img .....???
. You know it's in . Bin format because it was initially meant to be flashed with Miracle box. Or I should just leave it at .Bin?
This post was last modified: 29-11-2017, 04:07 PM by Ernest Ogberahwe.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2017, 07:29 PM
(29-11-2017, 12:58 PM)Ernest Ogberahwe EDITED:  I was surfing the web on how to unlock bootloader when I came across a pics of a "developer options" for a phone which had the option of OME UNLOCKING (allow the boooader to be unlocked)....

Immediately I checked my own phone in developer options and its there as well but unticked.   Am sure that's why it was failing to unlock whilst using fastboot.  

So I will activate it and give it another try again.  

I will keep you posted... 

EDITED 2: Just in case the bootloader was successfully unlock and I want to flash recovery using fastboot, Am I to change the recovery extension from .Bin to .img .....???
. You know it's in . Bin format because it was initially meant to be flashed with Miracle box. Or I should just leave it at .Bin?

I was just about to mention the OEM unlocking . You'll need to rename from recovery.bin to recovery.img to use in fastboot . Just make a copy of the recovery file because renaming back to bin could be tricky .
You know what, instead of using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img , use fastboot boot recovery.img as used @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16237.html
lets try that first before the other command
This post was last modified: 29-11-2017, 07:33 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
29-11-2017, 11:26 PM

(29-11-2017, 07:29 PM)hovatek
(29-11-2017, 12:58 PM)Ernest Ogberahwe

I was just about to mention the OEM unlocking . You'll need to rename from recovery.bin to recovery.img to use in fastboot . Just make a copy of the recovery file because renaming back to bin could be tricky .
You know what, instead of using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img , use fastboot boot recovery.img as used @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16237.html
lets try that first before the other command

I was able to unlock the bootloader. Your reply came later as I had already tried the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img . It was successful I rebooted and tried rebooting into recovery still brought the stock recovery.. I was almost giving up thinking it something that has to do with the recovery until I saw your reply tonight. So I tried the other command boot recovery.img ... It booted into Philz recovery... Lol... SuperUser zip was already in my sdcard so I installed it but along the operation of installation I noticed that when it got to _Boot Image Patcher" it ended with a failure..

I will write out the chain of strings . Something like this:

Boot image Patcher
--Finding boot image
--Boot image:/Dev/block/mmcb1kop7
--Extracting ramdisk
--Decompressing ramdisk
--Checking patch status
--Creating backup
--Patching sepolicy
--Adding init script
--Creating mount point
--Patching init,*rc, database, file_contexts, dm-verity
--Creating ramdisk backup
--- Failure, aborting

--Unmounting System
-- Done!
Install from sdcard complete
Press any key to continue.

While still in Philz recovery I attempted to reboot system. Something like this showed up:

Root access is missing/broken
THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE

--NO
--YES — Apply root (/system/xbin/su)
-- NO

I first picked No but upon rebooting SuperUser wasn't installed.. Even If I pick yes SuperUser is not installed on phone.. that means the installing wasn't successful from recovery mode.. So am thinking maybe it has to do with the SuperUser ....
The SuperUser zip I have is v2.76

P.s.: somehow somehow Philz recovery seems to have been flashed and with the help of adb phone now boots into Philz recovery..

What do you suggest we do now? At least Philz recovery has now replaced the stock recovery.. so no more issue of recovery not flashing...

Could it be the version of SuperUser??
This post was last modified: 29-11-2017, 11:37 PM by Ernest Ogberahwe.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next