Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Difficulty unlocking an MBO C5
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Difficulty unlocking an MBO C5

[Please help] Difficulty unlocking an MBO C5

ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
03-12-2017, 12:03 AM

I have been trying to unlock an old MBO C5 that I wish to pass to a relative. I always knew I had it, but its been many years since I used it so I forgot the pattern. Eventually it led me to the google account section and to my horror my gmail account input refused to log me in. I inserted the SIM, data was on...I don't get why it refused to pick up. I just downloaded what I presumed was a trusted ROM for MBO C5 for this forum but when I tried to flash it the upgradedownload tool gave me an error:-

Following files do not exist or their size is zero:
boot_logo.bin

I am a little surprised coz the process seems so simple. I installed the required driver(SciU2S.inf)

Please help me figure this out.
Thank you.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
03-12-2017, 01:50 PM
(03-12-2017, 12:03 AM)ironrover I have been trying to unlock an old MBO C5 that I wish to pass to a relative. I always knew I had it, but its been many years since I used it so I forgot the pattern. Eventually it led me to the google account section and to my horror my gmail account input refused to log me in. I inserted the SIM, data was on...I don't get why it refused to pick up. I just downloaded what I presumed was a trusted ROM for MBO C5 for this forum but when I tried to flash it the upgradedownload tool gave me an error:-

Following files do not exist or their size is zero:
boot_logo.bin

I am a little surprised coz the process seems so simple. I installed the required driver(SciU2S.inf)

Please help me figure this out.
Thank you.

SOLVED!! I had earlier on tried to Rd Unlock with miracle box but wasn't successful coz some drivers were clashing. So I uninstalled all SPD drivers and installed SciU2S.inf. this worked to connect the MBO C5 to miracle box. Not sure it will work for all SPD phones though,I defer to higher authorities on that.
After that the rest was easy.