Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked Gowin M8------->(not Gowin M8+)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Bricked Gowin M8------->(not Gowin M8+)

[Please help] Bricked Gowin M8------->(not Gowin M8+)

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
03-12-2017, 05:28 PM

I bought this phone two years ago, flashed Calvic Touch Recovery(UBIFS) and rooted it coz it was too slow. This helped a lot but those who are familiar with it know you will always run out of space to install apps. In short one day I woke up to a bootloop that I was never able to solve. Tried to reset to factory through the CTR to no avail. looking online for stock ROM wasnt easy and when I thought I found one at GSM hosting I ended up with a totally bricked phone. Can't even detect on PC. Previously it was ok, at least I could get into recovery even see that it was charging and detect on PC. Now its literally a brick.
Would really like to bring it back to life,please guide me in this endeavour.
Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2017, 12:18 PM
(03-12-2017, 05:28 PM)ironrover I bought this phone two years ago, flashed Calvic Touch Recovery(UBIFS) and rooted it coz it was too slow. This helped a lot but those who are familiar with it know you will always run out of space to install apps. In short one day I woke up to a bootloop that I was never able to solve. Tried to reset to factory through the CTR to no avail. looking online for stock ROM wasnt easy and when I thought I found one at GSM hosting I ended up with a totally bricked phone. Can't even detect on PC. Previously it was ok, at least I could get into recovery even see that it was charging and detect on PC. Now its literally a brick.
Thank you.

How did it go from being able to boot into only recovery mode to totally dead?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
04-12-2017, 01:39 PM
(04-12-2017, 12:18 PM)hovatek
(03-12-2017, 05:28 PM)ironrover I bought this phone two years ago, flashed Calvic Touch Recovery(UBIFS) and rooted it coz it was too slow. This helped a lot but those who are familiar with it know you will always run out of space to install apps. In short one day I woke up to a bootloop that I was never able to solve. Tried to reset to factory through the CTR to no avail. looking online for stock ROM wasnt easy and when I thought I found one at GSM hosting I ended up with a totally bricked phone. Can't even detect on PC. Previously it was ok, at least I could get into recovery even see that it was charging and detect on PC. Now its literally a brick.
Thank you.

How did it go from being able to boot into only recovery mode to totally dead?

because in desperation i wasn't  careful enough and flashed the wrong ROM.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
04-12-2017, 01:51 PM
(04-12-2017, 01:39 PM)ironrover UPDATE:- Driver issue resolved, now phone detects on PC
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2017, 07:00 PM

(04-12-2017, 01:39 PM)ironrover because in desperation i wasn't  careful enough and flashed the wrong ROM.

This is one evasive rom we've been unable to find. We still have our ears to the ground though

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
04-12-2017, 08:20 PM
(04-12-2017, 07:00 PM)hovatek
(04-12-2017, 01:39 PM)ironrover because in desperation i wasn't  careful enough and flashed the wrong ROM.

This is one evasive rom we've been unable to find. We still have our ears to the ground though

Phew!! I guess we can't do anything but wait.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
11-02-2018, 02:25 AM
I finally managed to get boot up this phone. Unfortunately the recovery is damaged. I am able to boot up but I cannot enter recovery to factory reset. It seems the back up was done with the damaged recovery. Is there any way I can recover the original recovery?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-02-2018, 08:55 AM
(11-02-2018, 02:25 AM)ironrover I finally managed to get boot up this phone. Unfortunately the recovery is damaged. I am able to boot up but I cannot enter recovery to factory reset. It seems the back up was done with the damaged recovery. Is there any way I can recover the original recovery?

you'll need to get the working stock recovery.img . You could however opt for a custom recovery if you can't find stock

Note!
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
12-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Can you please help me regarding a custom recovery? I used to have CTR-ubifs v2.2 but to flash that the porting software pulls the recovery from the phone or alternatively if you have the .IMG file you place in the stock folder for manual porting..and I don't have the .IMG file. This ROM is impossible to find online and i went to great lengths to boot this phone.

PS: Secondary question; is there a different tool to dump ubifs file systems? Miracle dumps one bin file that is unusable. Same thing witj GPG Dragon. Mtk droid tools seems to do something, I even prepared blocks for flashing but when i try to flash it back with SPFT I get errors.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-02-2018, 06:36 PM

(12-02-2018, 03:17 PM)ironrover Can you please help me regarding a custom recovery? I used to have CTR-ubifs v2.2 but to flash that the porting software pulls the recovery from the phone or alternatively if you have the .IMG file you place in the stock folder for manual porting..and I don't have the .IMG file. This ROM is impossible to find online and i went to great lengths to boot this phone.

did you try emmc wipe in factory mode as an alt to factory reset?

as you already noticed, you'll need to get stock recovery to port custom
you talked about a backup, what files are within the backup you used to revive the phone?
if there is boot.img you can try using that for manual porting and see if the custom recovery ported works

when you tried dumping using miracle box, did you tick scatter file check-box?
see step 5A @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next