Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to use Magisk Manager & boot.img to root Android
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to use Magisk Manager & boot.img to root Android

[Development] How to use Magisk Manager & boot.img to root Android

Pages (28): Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next
robel pop
robel pop
robel pop
25-07-2021, 11:53 AM

after flash magisk boot.img no opening camera but everything is fine.

phone info
Tecno pop3
chipset Mtk6580
android version 8.1 -go version

how could fix?
This post was last modified: 25-07-2021, 11:54 AM by robel pop.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-07-2021, 10:53 AM
(25-07-2021, 11:53 AM)robel pop after flash magisk boot.img no opening camera but everything is fine.

phone info
Tecno pop3
chipset Mtk6580
android version 8.1 -go version

how could fix?

create a new thread for this by clicking "ask question" at the top
in the new thread, confirm if you used boot.img for the exact build number on your device or if you randomly downloaded and used any boot.img
_Deeka_
_Deeka_
_Deeka_
Enthusiastic Member
06-08-2021, 11:09 PM
(08-01-2018, 03:37 AM)noelstelrooy`
(06-01-2018, 05:25 PM)X3non
(06-01-2018, 02:56 AM)noelstelrooy` Hi Hovatec
I tried your method to root my Vivo Y21

When i installed Magisk.apk in my vivo it says nothing  but "Magisk Not Installed" so i can not patch my boot.img

So i installed magisk.apk in my other device Redmi 4X and it run just like in your video, i copy my Vivo boot.img to my Redmi 4X and patched it through Magisk

I flashed the boot.img to my vivo and it bootloop
What when wrong? Do i must patched my boot.img in my vivo??

Thanks

no its not compulsory to patch boot using the same device.
where did you get the boot.img you used from?
and have you flashed the device back to stock; ie can the device now boot into homescreen?

I got the boot.img from my Vivo Y21 stock firmware, which i flased into my Device
Actually no one rooted their Vivo Y21 or atleast not posted it yet anywhere
Can you help me is there other stratefy to root Vivo Y21
Thanks

What version of magisk did you use? Also try verifying if your device has boot ramdisk as to know whether you're to patch the recovery or boot image and flash respectively
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
14-09-2021, 04:10 PM
If magisk patch's your bootloader in fone gui, but wont flash, check stock bootloader, in hex, if it starts with variant=user, forget it.

It will NOT work on any OS after PIE.

Notice Pie bootloaders all seem to be 'eng' variants?

Since 10, there are no eng/debug bootloaders!!!

Now you know.

Magisk can patch the user variant, and load it, but try mounting system. is dm-1 2 or 3 failing even after systemrw 1.32?

Now you know.

With user varient, you have ZERO root, even if you appear rooted.

Thank you my audience, clap later, the a**hole has left the building....
This post was last modified: 14-09-2021, 04:15 PM by Pachacouti.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-09-2021, 11:24 AM

(14-09-2021, 04:10 PM)Pachacouti If magisk patch's your bootloader in fone gui, but wont flash, check stock bootloader, in hex, if it starts with variant=user, forget it.

It will NOT work on any OS after PIE.

Notice Pie bootloaders all seem to be 'eng' variants?

Since 10, there are no eng/debug bootloaders!!!

Now you know.

Magisk can patch the user variant, and load it, but try mounting system. is dm-1 2 or 3 failing even after systemrw 1.32?

Now you know.

With user varient, you have ZERO root, even if you appear rooted.

Thank you my audience, clap later, the a**hole has left the building....

most of your points in this post are not true, most firmwares released publicly are user build regardless of android version
and instead of complaining that magisk didn't root your device when it clearly did but because you can't mount /system, why don't you simply look up mounting system in android 10, even a quick search would tell you that system in a sub-partition of super on android 10 and above and all sub partitions of super (system, vendor, product/oem) are set to RO
then more research and you could look for ways to set system to RW or some other alternatives such as magisk modules to implement what you want
This post was last modified: 15-09-2021, 12:50 PM by X3non.
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Pachacouti
Enthusiastic Member
15-09-2021, 09:22 PM
most of your points in this post are not true, most firmwares released publicly are user build regardless of android version
and instead of complaining that magisk didn't root your device when it clearly did but because you can't mount /system, why don't you simply look up mounting system in android 10, even a quick search would tell you that system in a sub-partition of super on android 10 and above and all sub partitions of super (system, vendor, product/oem) are set to RO
then more research and you could look for ways to set system to RW or some other alternatives such as magisk modules to implement what you want
[/quote]

Are you the reason I get things done elsewhere... ?

I've never complained about magisk, I sit on xda, and give constructive critisism, says it all when I fix it, only then do they get it done... and show why certain things WONT work with your out of date still works in one bootloader fone... user varient in android 10 DOES prevent rw to the 3 partitions you mentioned, dm-1, 2, 3...

Yeah, try dialing from twrp, cause thats as far as rw goes on a user=variant since 10_Q, system_as_root... and as admitted by google, they wont be releasing eng or debug to anyone but the real devs, you know, the ones too rich to come here...

Almost ALL recoveries for PIE are variant=eng, because people have been sharing the same bootloaders for their fones, in the form of posting magisk_patched-recovery showing ENG in a recovery... or using the magisk module enable_eng.zip which only works in... pie....

see?

only after the flack do they find I'm correct...

Still on PIE then?

If you offered a bootloader things would get done, instead of comments leading down that serpent path...
zouzougames
zouzougames
zouzougames
16-09-2021, 06:33 PM
Hello
Can Magisk patch a "boot-sign.img" or we must unsign it before with "IMG Unsign Tool" or "FBwintools" ?

Thank's
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-09-2021, 10:15 AM
(16-09-2021, 06:33 PM)zouzougames Hello
Can Magisk patch a "boot-sign.img" or we must unsign it before with "IMG Unsign Tool" or "FBwintools" ?

Thank's

latest magisk can patch boot-sign.img , you don't need to unsign it first before patching
lolvatveo
lolvatveo
lolvatveo
24-09-2021, 04:11 PM
why does magisk not work when installed as system app via twrp but need to patch & flash custom boot.img
This post was last modified: 24-09-2021, 04:12 PM by lolvatveo.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-09-2021, 09:20 AM

(24-09-2021, 04:11 PM)lolvatveo why does magisk not work when installed as system app via twrp but need to patch & flash custom boot.img

can you rephrase your question?
Pages (28): Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next