Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Enabling Wifi-direct in Tecno W3 LTE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Enabling Wifi-direct in Tecno W3 LTE

[Please help] Enabling Wifi-direct in Tecno W3 LTE

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
19-12-2017, 11:34 AM

I have been trying to link up my phone to my PC via WiFi direct but seem like there is a problem. My PC is properly set up and I usually connect to my TV via WiFi direct. In my phone the feature is found under settings>wifi>advanced>WiFi direct. I am assuming it works since its in there.
I pulled the build.prop jus to see what properties are there and I am a little confused. I can't find -persist.debug.wfd.enable=1......
What I see-wfd.dummy.enable=0....
And- WiFi.direct.interface=p2p0
Does this mean that my phone does not have the WiFi direct feature? Please help me figure this out.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
19-12-2017, 03:10 PM
(19-12-2017, 11:34 AM)ironrover I have been trying to link up my phone to my PC via WiFi direct but seem like there is a problem. My PC is properly set up and I usually connect to my TV via WiFi direct. In my phone the feature is found under settings>wifi>advanced>WiFi direct. I am assuming it works since its in there.
I pulled the build.prop jus to see what properties are there and I am a little confused. I can't find -persist.debug.wfd.enable=1......
What I see-wfd.dummy.enable=0....
And- WiFi.direct.interface=p2p0
Does this mean that my phone does not have the WiFi direct feature? Please help me figure this out.

check properly and also check if you can find persist.debug.wfd.enable=0
if you find it then try changing 0 to 1
or add a new line "persist.debug.wfd.enable=1"
ensure to backup cos tweaking build.prop could easily bricked your phone
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
19-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Tecno W3 LTE build.prop does not have the line "persist.debug.wfd.enable=1"
At least the one I have. Only two lines mentioning wfd...the ones I stated in my post.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
19-12-2017, 06:52 PM
(19-12-2017, 04:27 PM)ironrover Tecno W3 LTE build.prop does not have the line "persist.debug.wfd.enable=1"
At least the one I have. Only two lines mentioning wfd...the ones I stated in my post.

then try adding it as a new line into your build.prop and dont forget to make a backup before trying anything
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
19-12-2017, 07:13 PM

I have my ROM backed up both in miracle and twrp. Bricking is not a problem. How would I push it back into the system? I have a bit of a problem with the procedure I know because it would mean I have to boot recovery while in fastboot mode. Problem is I am unable to find twrp.img for my device. Hovatek only provides twrp.bin for this device.
Please advice.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
20-12-2017, 12:46 AM
Tried that and I am afraid it bricked my device. I did with ES file explorer pro.
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
20-12-2017, 11:51 AM
(19-12-2017, 11:34 AM)ironrover ....My PC is properly set up and I usually connect to my TV via WiFi direct...

You mean you're able to connect your phone to TV via Wifi direct right?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
20-12-2017, 01:10 PM
No, in that instance I was talking about my PC, properly set up and connected to my TV via WiFi direct.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
20-12-2017, 05:27 PM
(20-12-2017, 12:46 AM)ironrover Tried that and I am afraid it bricked my device. I did with ES file explorer pro.

that's why i said backup your device before trying. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-151.html OR you can make a copy of build.prop then if you have TWRP installed, use the inbuilt file manager to restore it if anything happens.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
20-12-2017, 06:21 PM

Come on dude, I need a substantive reply based on knowledge. My phone is fine,bricking is not a problem I have backups in many formats.let me repeat maybe this time its more clear what I need. My phone has a wifi direct feature under settings>wifi>advanced. Unfortunately it is non-responsive. The icons which I think should activate it have been grayed out. To the best of my knowledge they are in the system but some how inactive. Build.prop was my suggestion since its the only way I know to check system properties. Can someone please help me figure this out? Please? Is there something else that I need to do different from what I did? I pulled the build.prop edited as you had suggested and pushed, it didn't take since my phone has a system that doesn't respond to the cmd command:- fastboot boot recovery.img ....I then tried to edit it directly via ES file explorer but that bricked my device-not an issue since I have back ups-
Jus for information purpose, my device is rooted with twrp custom recovery installed. I am not a complete novice,so dont be afraid of posting anything technical. I will figure it out. Thank you.
This post was last modified: 20-12-2017, 06:28 PM by ironrover. Edit Reason: correction
Pages (2): 1 2 Next