Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto Philz recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto Philz recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto Philz recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (22): Previous 15 6 7 8 922 Next
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
30-01-2018, 06:06 PM

Philz and twrp recoveries ported via the tools posted by hovatek for mi-a500s

https://mega.nz/#!KFsySI6D!nMzrkQkIGiVk8...ScjoWBZh0k
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
30-01-2018, 06:07 PM
(30-01-2018, 10:16 AM)ryfoz https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pOeVudN...p=drivesdk

Here's another just in case

Ported recoveries for mi-a500s by SIR PAUL aka paeffiong

ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
31-01-2018, 09:11 AM
(30-01-2018, 06:07 PM)paeffiong Ported recoveries for mi-a500s by SIR PAUL aka paeffiong

Wow, I will download and give it a try
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
31-01-2018, 10:06 AM
(30-01-2018, 06:07 PM)paeffiong Ported recoveries for mi-a500s by SIR PAUL aka paeffiong

Hello sir, I appreciate the effort taken to create those recoveries but I have bad news: firstly, the TWRP recovery didn't load on SP FLASH TOOL, it saying I should check if it is the right image loaded with the scatter file while the Philz recovery flashed well but didn't work, all I got is blank dark screen then it reboots normally.

At this point I am fed up trying to port CUSTOM recovery for the device.

If I may ask, what is your pc OS cos the Philz Auto-port V 1.3 didn't produce an output on my laptop...just blank like previous versions but it claims the recovery has been successfully created. I await your response
This post was last modified: 31-01-2018, 10:08 AM by ryfoz.
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
31-01-2018, 01:01 PM

(31-01-2018, 10:06 AM)ryfoz

Hello sir, I appreciate the effort taken to create those recoveries but I have bad news: firstly, the TWRP recovery didn't load on SP FLASH TOOL, it saying I should check if it is the right image loaded with the scatter file while the Philz recovery flashed well but didn't work, all I got is blank dark screen then it reboots normally.

If I may ask, what is your pc OS cos the Philz Auto-port V 1.3 didn't produce an output on my laptop...just blank like previous versions but it claims the recovery has been successfully created. I await your response

If you phone is rooted, then flash the recovery via mobileuncle tools.

My pc is windows 8.1 x64
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
31-01-2018, 01:09 PM
(31-01-2018, 10:06 AM)ryfoz

Your second to the last paragraph is something i hate to accept in my life. I don't easily give up on something. There was a particular ROM that took me days to boot up but i never gave and now i have been able to port over 10 ROMS for my device.
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
31-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Based on the issues raised by you, kindly draw the attention of Hovatek Admins to them.
I will have to flash them on my ulefone tiger and report back to the house.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
31-01-2018, 07:52 PM
(31-01-2018, 01:09 PM)paeffiong Your second to the last paragraph is something i hate to accept in my life. I don't easily give up on something. There was a particular ROM that took me days to boot up but i never gave and now i have been able to port over 10 ROMS for my device.

I admire your enthusiasm and appreciate the comment BUT this issue of Custom recovery for this device has not only taken lots of megabytes if not gigabytes by now but has taken me upto to 6 months finding, trying, researching but ALL TO NO AVAIL.

Why I consider giving up is because as the saying goes "the end justify the means" the end of this experiment was to be able to port CUSTOM ROMS (not just out of knowing the process sake but to make this my device perform smoother) but I have managed to achieve running apps on it smoothly while still running heavy tweaks in background, this I achieved like a month ago.

So that has been the story of this quest for a Custom recovery (specifically TWRP) for this device

Sometimes giving up isn't like the way it sounds, it just means you known for sure something is a lost cause.
This post was last modified: 31-01-2018, 07:55 PM by ryfoz.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
31-01-2018, 07:59 PM
(31-01-2018, 01:12 PM)paeffiong Based on the issues raised by you, kindly draw the attention of Hovatek Admins to them.
I will have to flash them on my ulefone tiger and report back to the house.

I have more than called for their attention on the case but they, like me, have seem to give up on helping me find a solution to my device. As they keep coming one-by-one so they keep going. I don't blame anybody, they probably have more on their plate than my insignificant problem, so I have ceased to cause any more distraction to thier purpose.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
31-01-2018, 08:08 PM

(31-01-2018, 01:01 PM)paeffiong If you phone is rooted, then flash the recovery via mobileuncle tools.

My pc is windows 8.1 x64

As for flashing via mobile uncle tools, I don't know about it, though my device is rooted and I usually use flashfire to flash zip files but I prefer SP FLASH TOOL method becos it's safe and easy to narrow down any complications in process.

I appreciate the info about your laptop, mine is OS 7 Ultimate 32-bit but it's a mini laptop.

I am thinking of going to OS 8, I am just delayed by backup storage issue. My pc memory isn't much so I don't want to partition it. I have even bought a supposedly 2 terabyte flash drive to solve the problem which turned out to be fake anyway, it's just 15GB when I ran h2test scan on it.

Thanks Sir Paul
Pages (22): Previous 15 6 7 8 922 Next