Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto Philz recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto Philz recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto Philz recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (22): 1 2 3 4 522 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-12-2017, 05:17 PM

For those looking to root their Android devices, we'd dropped a guide on how to root using Magisk and stock boot.img at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html . That method only requires your stock boot.img to root, no custom recovery or one-click-root apks.

We do realize that some users would still need a custom recovery to backup or flash custom roms so we've created this MTK Auto Philz recovery porter to make it really easy to get a working custom recovery for your Mediatek Android phone

[Image: MTK-Auto-Philz-recovery-porter-by-Team-Hovatek.jpg]

Requirements

• Stock recovery.img (extracted from the firmware or by dumping the phone's ROM using Miracle Box, SP Flash tool etc )
  • Download MTK Auto Philz recovery porter by Team Hovatek from the link at the bottom of this post
  • Windows PC

How to port Philz recovery using Team Hovatek's MTK Auto Philz recovery porter

See non-GUI version video below or @ https://youtu.be/cjLOcjH5aXg

See GUI version video below or @ https://youtu.be/-xhct5AirbU

1. Extract the MTK Auto Philz recovery porter zip
  2. Copy the stock recovery.img into the stock folder
  3. Double-click Auto Philz Recovery Porter.exe
  4. Tap Enter to confirm that you've copied your stock recovery.img into the stock folder
  5. Enter the option for your Android version (5 for Lollipop, 6 for Marshmallow & 7 for Nougat) and tap Enter
  6. Type Y or N (depending on whether or not you have an external SD card in your phone) then tap Enter
  7. Wait while our tool ports the Philz recovery
  8. You'll find your ported Philz recovery in the output folder.
  9. Flash the recovery image to your device

Changelog

Code:

# Changelog
All notable changes to this project will be documented here.

## 2018-10-02     Hovatek     V1.5
- GUI version
- Replaced Carliv's lib tools with that of Osm0sis's for better compatibility with different windows OS
- Minor Fixes

## 2018-09-06     Hovatek     V1.4
- Added Dm_Verity alert and removed Dm_Verity from recovery.img
- Added support for Android 8.1 Oreo-Go
- Added log

## 2018-01-29     Hovatek     V1.3
- Replaced Osm0sis's lib tools with that of Carliv for better handling of recovery images

## 2018-01-04     Hovatek     V1.2
- Fixed fart.exe error by removing fart entirely from the project

## 2018-01-01     Hovatek     V1.1
- Fixed fart.exe error on some Windows devices (esp. 32bit windows)
- Minor fixes

Downloads

Credits goes to bluefirebird & Osm0sis of XDA and  Lionello Lunesu for the libraries used.
This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 11:12 AM by X3non.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Superbnerd
Superbnerd
Superbnerd
24-12-2017, 09:04 PM
A big development,thanks to team hovatek.
But in "stock folder",do you mean the folder that contains the extracted mtkrecoveryporter.zip?
pedrazamarcos
pedrazamarcos
pedrazamarcos
Enthusiastic Member
24-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Thank You,Thank You Thank You!!! I have been trying to root my I7 plus clone for days,and with this,I was able to root in 5 minutes.again THANK YOU
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
26-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Lemme start by thanking you for developing and also sharing this tools with us here.

I was using TWRP recovery but i had to try out this tool and it's working perfectly well in my phone.

Thanks once again
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-12-2017, 05:02 PM

(24-12-2017, 09:04 PM)Superbnerd A big development,thanks to team hovatek.
But in "stock folder",do you mean the folder that contains the extracted mtkrecoveryporter.zip?

when you extract the zip file, open the folder and you should see a folder named "stock" within
you are to copy the recovery into that stock folder.
ensure to watch the video tut
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
26-12-2017, 11:27 PM
(26-12-2017, 05:02 PM)X3non when you extract the zip file, open the folder and you should see a folder named "stock" within
you are to copy the recovery into that stock folder.
ensure to watch the video tut

Hi sir, pls I followed your procedure well but I am getting an ERROR pop-up saying "cannot find 'fart.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."

What can I do?

I am trying to port it for a MT6592 device running lollipop
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-12-2017, 11:11 AM
(26-12-2017, 11:27 PM)ryfoz Hi sir, pls I followed your procedure well but I am getting an ERROR pop-up saying "cannot find 'fart.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."

What can I do?

I am trying to port it for a MT6592 device running lollipop

Disable your antivirus then re-extract the zip and try again

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
27-12-2017, 05:16 PM
(27-12-2017, 11:11 AM)hovatek Disable your antivirus then re-extract the zip and try again

I uninstalled the two Antivirus software I have but I am still getting the same ERROR report about 'fart.exe' not found. (is there anywhere I need to disable anything else)

I am using a Win 7 32 bit, your video tutorial shows Windows 10, does that have anything to do with the problem? Or can you send me another link to get the file, probably the 1st link is corrupted somehow

Pls help me! I have been trying to get a custom recovery for my device for weeks now
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-12-2017, 08:45 AM
(27-12-2017, 05:16 PM)ryfoz I uninstalled the two Antivirus software I have but I am still getting the same ERROR report about 'fart.exe' not found. (is there anywhere I need to disable anything else)

I am using a Win 7 32 bit, your video tutorial shows Windows 10, does that have anything to do with the problem? Or can you send me another link to get the file, probably the 1st link is corrupted somehow

Pls help me! I have been trying to get a custom recovery for my device for weeks now

Try on a different PC

Note!
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
28-12-2017, 09:00 AM

(28-12-2017, 08:45 AM)hovatek Try on a different PC

That's a good idea but I don't have access to any other pc, anyway thanks for your help
Pages (22): 1 2 3 4 522 Next