Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno w4 touchpad not working after flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno w4 touchpad not working after flashing

[Please help] Tecno w4 touchpad not working after flashing

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-01-2018, 02:59 PM

(05-01-2018, 10:03 AM)famozine I followed the root instructions here link
www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15263.html
And I have flashed with same backup uploaded here still the same.
I have flashed it with that file

What were the exact files / firmware you flashed when the device got bricked?
This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 03:00 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
famozine
famozine
famozine
07-01-2018, 05:39 PM
(07-01-2018, 02:59 PM)hovatek
(05-01-2018, 10:03 AM)famozine I followed the root instructions here link
www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15263.html
And I have flashed with same backup uploaded here still the same.
I have flashed it with that file

What were the exact files / firmware you flashed when the device got bricked?
Alot of files all the file here I even format all plus pre-loaded no specific file I can say all files available online
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-01-2018, 01:11 PM
(07-01-2018, 05:39 PM)famozine Alot of files all the file here I even format all plus pre-loaded no specific file I can say all files available online

Let me rephrase.
I want you to state exactly what you did that got the device bricked (while trying to root).
Now, after it got bricked, I want to know what you'd flashed just before realizing that touch wasn't working.
There's a grey area of information i'm trying to find

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
famozine
famozine
famozine
08-01-2018, 05:14 PM
(08-01-2018, 01:11 PM)hovatek
(07-01-2018, 05:39 PM)famozine Alot of files all the file here I even format all plus pre-loaded no specific file I can say all files available online

Let me rephrase.
I want you to state exactly what you did that got the device bricked (while trying to root).
Now, after it got bricked, I want to know what you'd flashed just before realizing that touch wasn't working.
There's a grey area of information i'm trying to find
This is how it really happen
I downloaded root package (TWRP for Tecno W4 and supersu.zip) before if I want to root phone I mean other phones after downloading root package I extract I mark scatter file and it flash but this after doing the same thing i usually do I flashed with miracle box the message I got was error partition it did not flash while I was doing this thing I did not on the phone to know may be it's still working my beliefs is that it haven't flash I move to splash tools I got pmt change it did not flash I move to wiselink,wiselink flash it successfully without error when I switched on the phone it just stock on tecno that's all I went back to miracle box I use soft format still stock at tecno I use volume up plus power key I wipe it successfully still stock at tecno I said OK if that was the case let me use the stock rom I backed up the same phone after flashing with miracle box still stock at tecno then I don't know nothing about not touching of tochpad because phone was not booting then after I downloaded lot of files but then I don't check the build I flashed it show something like black colour so I mark some files in the one I backed up so everything works it boot when ask for language I notice tochpad not working anymore I download another same so I now check the phone build through the one I backed up I found it but the one I found can only be flashed by miracle box still It doesn't work the file I backed up if I flash it it stock at tecno so I got a trick I use files I downloaded that works with other tools like spflashtools I load it I just use spflashtools to format all without preloader after doing that the phone will not power on I now flash back the file I back up it not work but touch screen not working I did the same thing i flashed the file I downloaded with same build still touch not working that is how it is
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-01-2018, 08:37 PM

(08-01-2018, 05:14 PM)famozine This is how it really happen
I downloaded root package (TWRP for Tecno W4 and supersu.zip) before if I want to root phone I mean other phones after downloading root package I extract I mark scatter file and it flash but this after doing the same thing i usually do I flashed with miracle box the message I got was error partition it did not flash while I was doing this thing I did not on the phone to know may be it's still working my beliefs is that it haven't flash I move to splash tools I got pmt change it did not flash I move to wiselink,wiselink flash it successfully without error when I switched on the phone it just stock on tecno that's all I went back to miracle box I use soft format still stock at tecno I use volume up plus power key I wipe it successfully still stock at tecno I said OK if that was the case let me use the stock rom I backed up the same phone after flashing with miracle box still stock at tecno then I don't know nothing about not touching of tochpad because phone was not booting then after I downloaded lot of files but then I don't check the build I flashed it show something like black colour so I mark some files in the one I backed up so everything works it boot when ask for language I notice tochpad not working anymore I download another same so I now check the phone build through the one I backed up I found it but the one I found can only be flashed by miracle box still It doesn't work the file I backed up if I flash it it stock at tecno so I got a trick I use files I downloaded that works with other tools like spflashtools I load it I just use spflashtools to format all without preloader after doing that the phone will not power on I now flash back the file I back up it not work but touch screen not working I did the same thing i flashed the file I downloaded with same build still touch not working that is how it is

Well,
I have even more questions because a lot of variables are at play here but lets leave that aside.
The root cause of the touch issue not working is an incompatible preloader.bin so you need to find one for your model which'll work

Note!
famozine
famozine
famozine
08-01-2018, 11:03 PM
(08-01-2018, 08:37 PM)hovatek
(08-01-2018, 05:14 PM)famozine This is how it really happen

Well,
I have even more questions because a lot of variables are at play here but lets leave that aside.
The root cause of the touch issue not working is an incompatible preloader.bin so you need to find one for your model which'll work

How can I find compatible preloader why the preloader I backed up can't work
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-01-2018, 01:10 PM
(08-01-2018, 11:03 PM)famozine How can I find compatible preloader why the preloader I backed up can't work

This is one of the places I have questions.
From what I read, it sounded like one of two things:
1. You made the backup of the phone after it had gotten bricked
2. You got a working phone of the same model to backup

Which is it?

Note!
famozine
famozine
famozine
09-01-2018, 07:24 PM
(09-01-2018, 01:10 PM)hovatek
(08-01-2018, 11:03 PM)famozine How can I find compatible preloader why the preloader I backed up can't work

This is one of the places I have questions.
From what I read, it sounded like one of two things:
1. You made the backup of the phone after it had gotten bricked
2. You got a working phone of the same model to backup

Which is it?

No I backed it up before bricking also I downloaded same build backed up with miracle box no official back for that build
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-01-2018, 10:44 AM
(09-01-2018, 07:24 PM)famozine No I backed it up before bricking also I downloaded same build backed up with miracle box no official back for that build

OK.
As it stands, this is a kernel issue and lies between preloader.bin , LK.bin and maybe boot.img.
You have the option of trying the firmware of even more build numbers or changing the touch panel

Note!
famozine
famozine
famozine
10-01-2018, 11:39 AM

(10-01-2018, 10:44 AM)hovatek
(09-01-2018, 07:24 PM)famozine No I backed it up before bricking also I downloaded same build backed up with miracle box no official back for that build

OK.
As it stands, this is a kernel issue and lies between preloader.bin , LK.bin and maybe boot.img.
You have the option of trying the firmware of even more build numbers or changing the touch panel
Is touch panel different from phone panel
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next