Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (23): Previous 111 12 13 14 1523 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-02-2020, 09:55 AM

(26-02-2020, 05:24 AM)havatemp I have an Alcatel 1s on Android 9. Also happy to help

do you have firmware for your device model?
is the bootloader of your device unlocked? you can try the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html
djelloul
djelloul
djelloul
Enthusiastic Member
16-03-2020, 09:31 PM
Hi!

I have a Teclast P80X running under Android 9 with a SC9638A SPD SoC.
I'll be OK to try your TWRP Porter on this device.
I followed your other post to unlock the bootloader of the tablet, build a customized vbmeta.img, flashed it and built a signed and magisk patched recovery.img that I was able to finally flash to have root privileges.

Does the tool needs to be updated to be compliant with Android 9 systems or is the current version OK to give a try?

With the previous actions I described, the stock recovery is not accessible anymore after applying the magisk patch.
I know that I need to use an untouched recovery for TWRP porting, but I'm afraid the effect will be the same after signing the built TWRP recovery.

What do you think?
Do you have some suggestions or do I have to try by myself and see what will occur?
The SPD SoCs seems robust for flashing as soon as we have the *.pac of the target device and it is my case so I have no fear experimenting.

I just want to do it wisely.

Thank you for your attention and ideas of you have any.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-03-2020, 04:19 PM
(16-03-2020, 09:31 PM)djelloul Hi!

I have a Teclast P80X running under Android 9 with a SC9638A SPD SoC.
I'll be OK to try your TWRP Porter on this device.
I followed your other post to unlock the bootloader of the tablet, build a customized vbmeta.img, flashed it and built a signed and magisk patched recovery.img that I was able to finally flash to have root privileges.

Try this TWRP @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32735.html and give feedback
You can't run both TWRP and root on this device.... so far though. I'll update if I figure out a way.
Should you decide to try our porter for Pie when released, you'll need to use recovery.img from your firmware, not magisk patched recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
djelloul
djelloul
djelloul
Enthusiastic Member
23-03-2020, 02:24 AM
Sorry for the late reply, but I was busy these days due to the COVID-19 lockdown in my country.
I just tried the TWRP built for P80X you built and I have some remarks about it.
I'll give them in the pointed topics to avoid mixing the specific P80X information and this generic SPD TWRP porter program topic.

However, thank you for your involvement on this specific tablet.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-03-2020, 06:21 AM

(23-03-2020, 02:24 AM)djelloul Sorry for the late reply, but I was busy these days due to the COVID-19 lockdown in my country.
I just tried the TWRP built for P80X you built and I have some remarks about it.
I'll give them in the pointed topics to avoid mixing the specific P80X information and this generic SPD TWRP porter program topic.

However, thank you for your involvement on this specific tablet.

Try v1.4 of our porter

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rabbymirzabd
rabbymirzabd
rabbymirzabd
09-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Walton primo g9
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
09-04-2020, 10:47 PM
(09-04-2020, 03:31 PM)rabbymirzabd Walton primo g9

this a MediaTek chipset phone, port twrp using the mtk twrp porter @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
Testernnov
Testernnov
Testernnov
10-04-2020, 09:23 AM
Xiaomi Qin 2, SC9832e Android 9 Go Unlocked
create recovery image using porter utility 1.4, but phone just hangs after reboot in to recovery.
Stock firmware
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-04-2020, 12:44 PM
(10-04-2020, 09:23 AM)Testernnov Xiaomi Qin 2, SC9832e Android 9 Go Unlocked
create recovery image using porter utility 1.4, but phone just hangs after reboot in to recovery.
Stock firmware

create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "ask question" at the top
in the new thread, post link to only your stock recovery and state your kernel version
otto69
otto69
otto69
01-05-2020, 05:39 PM

hi i making ported recovery with this tool for UNISOC SC9863A chipset and flashing for phone with spd tools ,result succes
but when when starting recovery i have the stock recovery in phone.
what make wrong----
here is the log ... start log ...

Recovery image unpacked successfully

Port files copied successfully

Recovery packed and copied to output folder successfully

DM_Verity Not Found

... end log ...
thank you,,,
Pages (23): Previous 111 12 13 14 1523 Next