01-12-2018, 08:54 PM
If you've tried adding your credit / debit card as a payment method on google, you may have encountered this persistent error "Correct this card info or try a different card" and no matter how hard you retry or the number of correct card details you input, the error still returns.
While Google support team will tell you that the error is from your bank, your bank may tell you that your card was never billed. The error has to do with the billing address and for some unknown reasons it seems only U.S addresses can be used to bypass this error and add cards.
The procedures below will show how we can fix / bypass this error. I've replaced my details with astericks for my own safety
Steps on How to Fix "Correct this card info or try a different card" Error
- Use Google to search for a U.S address
- Search for the zip code of the city where the address you found in step 1 is located
- Visit Google Payment Center @ https://payments.google.com/
- Click on "Payment Methods"
- Click on "Add Payment Method"
- Tick the checkbox beside "Add credit or debit card"
- Fill in the correct card details [card number, expiry date and CVV]
- Fill in the U.S address and zip code you found in steps 1 and 2 [don't use your real billing address, we'll get there later]
- Click on Save
- Your card should be added in a few seconds and visible under Payment methods
- Click on Edit just beneath your card details
- Fill in your CVV, real billing address and zip code
- Click on save
- You are now good to go with making payments